EAD & AP Receipts

rblms

Registered Users (C)
I filed ead renewel and ap for my wife a month back. till now we have not received reciepts from uscis. how long does it take to get receipts ?

Thanks a lot.

Generally they send receipt notices in 10-15 days. If you filed directly then check with your bank if the fees has been collected, if fees collected then get the cashed check copy from the bank and back side of the cashed check you can find receipt # like EACXXXXX or LINXXXXXX or WACXXXXXXx
If lawyer sent the check then lawyer cashed check will have that info.
Good Luck!!

I hope you get the receipt. Else you could try what I had suggested earlier to someone else, call up NSC 1-800-xxxx and check with them to see if they can give you your receipt# based on your A#. If they do, then you can check your case status online and take a print out,atleast something better than nothing.

The reason why I am saying this might work is because the last time I tried to efile my EAD I got an error and when I called up NSC to find out what was going on, the guy asked me for my A# and said that there are no EAD applications in the system for my A# me and asked me to resubmit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the same situation...

I filed my EAD and AP extension one month back, i received the EAD receipt within a week of filing but i still did not receive the AP notice.

I got EAC# for AP from the personal checks that i had sent . The online status says they are processing the AP and it might take 30 to 60 days.

I am not sure if i should contact them or the case status print out from online is enough for my records. Could anyone suggest please???

Last edited by a moderator:
atleast you got your eac number. i mailed cashier check not personal check. i just checked with my bank and they are saying that it is not encashed yet. i don't know what to do. will call nsc to find out the status.

If the cashiers check was not cashed then there might be some problem with the application. I remember reading on the INS site that they encash the check and the dataentry operator puts your application into their system if the application is accepted.

Call them with your A# you might get an answer

Good luck....