EAD/AP (paper based) cover letter and checklist...

Address to submit forms for EAD and AP renewal

Helo all,

I have moved from California to Texas, my 485 is transfered from CA to NEbrasak(NSC).I never used EAD and AP which expired in 2005.
Now I need to to renew both, I am filing with paper filing option to avoid trip to ASC for fingerpring.

I am confused with the address to submit both.

Instructions says that if I live in Texas I need to submit Texas service center
(I though as my 485 is pending at Nebraska, i should submit to Nebraska)and also I have noticed that address to submit AP and EAD are different? by this I understand that I have to submit EAD and AP separelty and to two different addresses.

Please can anybody guide me that to which Center and address I need submit and can I submit together or separately?

Thanks
sk

Last edited by a moderator:
As per 'Direct Filing' rule which was effective July 30, 2007, You need to send ur EAD/AP renewal applications to TSC since u live in Texas. Doesn't matter where ur 485 is pending.

One of my friend's case was filed with NSC in June 07 and later on it was transferred to TSC. He filed his EAD renewal with TSC recently. It came back with instructions to file with NSC since he lives in California.

AP renewal documents

Hi

I am on H1 and have approved EAD.

Do I need to send H1 copy or EAD copy along with other documents for AP renewal?

In the AP Instructions documents, asking a document for supporting current status.

Thanks for your help!.

When i joined my spouse i was in h4 visa,after AOS, i got a job using EAD, let me know how to fill this Question?

Q14: Manner of Last Entry???

if i enter thru h4 visa, what should i put ?

Q15: current Immigration status???

Curently working on EAD, what should i put?

appericate your advice.

EAD/AP renewal

I efiled both mine and my wife's EAD/AP, have online confirmation with receipts notices for both but I received paper receipt notice only for EADs but not for AP. Is there anything to worry here? We filed concurrnelty I765 and I131.

thanks.

Documents to be included for renewal

I efiled both mine and my wife's EAD/AP, have online confirmation with receipts notices for both but I received paper receipt notice only for EADs but not for AP. Is there anything to worry here? We filed concurrnelty I765 and I131.

thanks.

I am all set to renew our EAD/APs. Can somebody please tell what documents I need to send. I do know it includes 485 receipt copies,photos and cheques and EAD/AP forms.My wife lost her AP after returning from India. Will it be a problem . I was thinking of including her passport copy as its also marked as paroled into US.
Any inputs.

Hello Chocolate,

You had time to post such a question here but no time to read this post from the beginning? Please go ahead and read it from the beginning, don't post the same question everywhere. This post has every information you needed. All you have to do it read carefully.

Efiling or paper filing

Hi ,

I wanted to file for EAD renewal and AP renewal . Does efile require to send the FP fees as well as someone told that when you efile , USCIS will send the notice for FP which they dont when you paper file the application .

Thanks
Shreyas

Hi h1/H4 ,

when you filed concurrently , did you send the documents for both you and wife in same package or different for EAD/AP .

Thanks

EAD Approved in 32 Days

Hi Sunny,

When applying electronicalyy , did you concurrently apply for AP/EAD -- if yes did you send the documents in the same package for both . I am planning to send these documents :-

1. Copy of my 485 receipt
2. copy of my previous EAD (front and back)
3. Copy of passport with I-94(entire passport)
4. Form I-765
5. (2) identical pp photos
6. e-Filed application confirmation.

Am i missing anything in here .

Also what extra document should i send for AP.

Thanks

Hi Sunny,

When applying electronicalyy , did you concurrently apply for AP/EAD -- if yes did you send the documents in the same package for both . I am planning to send these documents :-

1. Copy of my 485 receipt
2. copy of my previous EAD (front and back)
3. Copy of passport with I-94(entire passport)
4. Form I-765
5. (2) identical pp photos
6. e-Filed application confirmation.

Am i missing anything in here .

Also what extra document should i send for AP.

Thanks

I did not file concurrently. I just e-filed EAD apps for me and my wife. Our AP is valid until end of this year. So will do it later.

For EAD I submitted the following docs (separate packages for me and my wife):
Cover letter
E-file confirmation page
Copy of I-485 receipt notice
Copy of Approved I-140
Copy of Current Status of I-485 (from USCIS website)
Copy of Drivers Licence
Copy of previous EAD (front and back)
Copy of Passports bio page

For AP, I will be submitting the following documents:
All the above
Passport sized photographs (2)

Greetings Friends,

I'm currently working on H-1B visa.
Last time when i entered US, i was on H-1B status.
I have an approved EAD which i'm not using.
My current I-485 application for "Adjustment of Status" is pending.

What should i mention as my Current immigration status on form I-765 ?
Should i mention "H-1B" or "Adjustment Of Status Applicant" based on pending I-485 form.

I'm planning to work on H-1B for as long as feasible for me.
EAD renewal is just for a backup.

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure there would be lot of people in the same boat. Your answer would clarify this and will help other friends also.

Thanks,
usamunda.

Hi All
I have applied for 485, EAD & AP in Aug '07. I renewed EAD for both me and my wife last year. Now I plan to renew AP and was filing it the regular way(paperbased).
I stumbled on this instructions for I-131 (page8 "what are the fees? ")
uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf
and since I have filed on or after Jul 30 2007 (in my case I beleive 2nd week of Aug), Do I need not pay fees? Have you or someone you know did the renewal done this past year ? Please advise

Hi All
I have applied for 485, EAD & AP in Aug '07. I renewed EAD for both me and my wife last year. Now I plan to renew AP and was filing it the regular way(paperbased).
I stumbled on this instructions for I-131 (page8 "what are the fees? ")
uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf
and since I have filed on or after Jul 30 2007 (in my case I beleive 2nd week of Aug), Do I need not pay fees? Have you or someone you know did the renewal done this past year ? Please advise

If you paid the new fees for filing 485 then you don't pay again if you did not pay the new fees at the time of filing 485 then you pay everytime you renew.