EAD/AP (paper based) cover letter and checklist...

Hi

I have to file for EAD and AP extensions for self and spouse.

I am thinking of doing it myself. Can you please share your thoughts on what to send etc. I want to do paper based . These rules keep changing everyday, so thought I will ask you since you have done it recently. Can you please send me links of documents and forms

Also my case was filed in CA office but now moved to Nabraska, so where should I send my EAD/AP renewal application ?

Thanks
Seema

Seema, if you find the checklist at the first page of this thread.
Here is the link. http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=137247

Yes, you need file EAD/AP renewal at Nebraska.

Read page 8. It clearly says if your response to question 16 is (c) (9) file your application at the same local USCIS office or service Center where you SUBMITTED your adjustment of status application.

I take submitted different than pending...

Are you looking at an older version of the I-765 form, coz I couldn't find the info that you have stated
Well if I read correctly it never say anything about "where you submitted" Here is extract copy from Form I-765 Page 8...

If your response to Question 16 is (c)(9), employment-based adjustment, file your application as follows:
Concurrent Forms I-765/I-140/I-485 Filings:
If you are filing your Form I-765 together with a Forms I-140(Petition for Alien Worker)/I-485 package, submit the entire package of the three forms to:

USCIS Service Center P.O. Box 87485 Lincoln, NE 68501-7485

Concurrent Forms I-765/I-485 Fillings:
If your Form I-140 petition is pending or has already been approved, file your Forms I-485/I-765 package with the service center where the Form I-140 is pending or approved. Include the Form I-140 receipt or approval notice.

Form I-765 Filed Alone:

If your employment-based Form I-485 is pending, file your Form I-765 at the same Service Center currently processing your Form I-485. Include a copy of your receipt notice.

I assume we are talking about filing a EAD renewal for Pending I-485, which is transfered from VSC to TSC. Also please confirm you have correct form version which is OMB No. 1615-0040; Expires 08/31/08

Hi All,

If one has approved EAD and H1-8th year is expiring soon. I-140 and I-485 are pending. Does one have to apply for 9th year H1-extention?

Please share your experience. Thank you very much.

VAGCwaiting

This is strange! I am also looking at OMB No. 1615-0040; Expires 08/31/08 and I couldn't find the information that you have quoted.

Can you attach the form that your looking at..

Well if I read correctly it never say anything about "where you submitted" Here is extract copy from Form I-765 Page 8...

If your response to Question 16 is (c)(9), employment-based adjustment, file your application as follows:
Concurrent Forms I-765/I-140/I-485 Filings:
If you are filing your Form I-765 together with a Forms I-140(Petition for Alien Worker)/I-485 package, submit the entire package of the three forms to:

USCIS Service Center P.O. Box 87485 Lincoln, NE 68501-7485

Concurrent Forms I-765/I-485 Fillings:
If your Form I-140 petition is pending or has already been approved, file your Forms I-485/I-765 package with the service center where the Form I-140 is pending or approved. Include the Form I-140 receipt or approval notice.

Form I-765 Filed Alone:

If your employment-based Form I-485 is pending, file your Form I-765 at the same Service Center currently processing your Form I-485. Include a copy of your receipt notice.

I assume we are talking about filing a EAD renewal for Pending I-485, which is transfered from VSC to TSC. Also please confirm you have correct form version which is OMB No. 1615-0040; Expires 08/31/08

This is strange! I am also looking at OMB No. 1615-0040; Expires 08/31/08 and I couldn't find the information that you have quoted.

Here is the document I am looking at...
May be you try searching for "Form I-765 Filed Alone:"

Here is the one that I am looking at. I downloaded it just now from the uscis.gov website.

I think the one that you have uploaded is an older revision (Rev. 04/01/06) and the one that I am looking at is the latest (Rev 02/08/07)

You will find this information on the footer of each page.

Here is the document I am looking at...
May be you try searching for "Form I-765 Filed Alone:"

Do EAD/AP renewal need finger print?

I'm about to apply for renewal and wondering whether I have to pay "$70" more for finger print or not? I've done it last year when I got my first EAD/AP.

Any insight would be really appreciated.

Here is the one that I am looking at. I downloaded it just now from the uscis.gov website.

I think the one that you have uploaded is an older revision (Rev. 04/01/06) and the one that I am looking at is the latest (Rev 02/08/07)

You will find this information on the footer of each page.

This is the right version rev. 02/08/07. The other version is rev. 2006 but expired even it says expired on 08/01/2008. So should we file EAD to SUBMMITTED or PENDING service center?

Last edited by a moderator:
AP renewal question

Friends,

My 485 has been transferred from Vermont to Texas service center. And it is time for me to renew the AP. Where should i file my AP renewal? Texas service center or Vermont Service center?

H1B extention or EAD

i am hoping someone can help me with this question i am pondering. my H1B was first approved in 2002 and expires in September 2007. i am wondering if it would be better to apply for and extension of my H1b OR would EAD suffice (and satisfy immigration requirement) while my I-485 is pending?:confused: :confused:

I applied both EAD and AP at VSC. My case was also transferred from VSC --> TSC. I got the AP approved in about 3 weeks. EAD is still pending. It took almost 2 weeks for VSC to send the receipt notice for EAD

I sent my application to TSC and got the receipt notice from them so looks like TSC is correct place to send if you case is transfered to TSC.

• Copy of Form I-94 departure record (front and back)

I am reading the instruction of filing EAD. The above is one of the documents listed.

Is this the white I-94 one got when entering the US? Or is this the latest approval of a non-immigrant status, H-1 or H-4?

For someone who has not gone out of the US after the initial entrance, but has changed status, which one should one send with EAD application? Thanks.

folks/avi_gc/bocondo

my case transferred from VSC to TSC in march 2007.
just thought this information migh help; i e-filed this morning to renew EAD/AP and when it generated the PDF file i noticed they are using the older form ver
OMB# 1115-0163 expires on 04/30/05 for EAD
OMB# 1615-0013 expires on 06/30/04 for AP. i figured i have no control so i submitted anyways, for those who are fliling paper based prolly good idea to choose the new version,to be on safe side am sending the originial 485 notice from vermont and also the copy of new notice which i received saying my case has been transferred to TSC.

any other information u guys can think of which might help which i need to send.
--have question on the photo do i need to get it done ? or
-- do i need to schedule appointment for photos with ASC..can u folks pls provide the toll free and sequence of number to dial to schedule

thanks in advance
utie

I have two questions that I am sure a lot of you guys had confusion.
I have 485 pending and entered last time using the Advance Parole.

1. What should be the class of admission ?
2. The date of departure.

For the second one I dont have a set date of departure, i mean we dont plan anything a year in advance right.

I have seen a lot of answers for the first question. Probably any of the following is good enough.

- AOS
- AOS pending
- I-485
- I-485 Pending
- AOS (I-485)
- AOS (I-485) pending

Can anyone point to the correct one, or if anyone is good enough and that USCIS does not care whatever is used.

No one has ever asked or answered the second question. If someone has indeed answered then please dont point to that post, if possible write it in the reply, it wont take more energy this way.
There is a guy who has been pointing to his post #41 for the answer to the first question many times, however the post #41 actually does not answer it.

neo

Manner of last entry you can write Adjustment Applicant.
Current immigration status you can write Adjustment Applicant

Ap Rfe

I received a RFE for AP. They want I-140 receipt. I sent three weeks back. Does anyone know how long it takes TSC to get back to you once they receive the RFE documents? If they don't get back to me soon can I go to a local office to expediete the process because I need to travel soon because of work?