EAD/AP (paper based) cover letter and checklist...

veek said:
Joyd,

Thanks for putting togather a procedure for EAD and AP.

I am on H1b present and i filed I140/485 for future employment from different employer. I got my 1 st EAD and AP 8 months ago. Its time for my renewal.
I have some questions on the cover letters provided and EAD application.

For the secondary applicant why do we need to submit H1b application instatead of H4?

My wife is working on EAD. Do i still need submit either h1B or H4 copy's?

On Application I-765 in coloum 15 and 16 what do i need to mention for me and my wife?
coloum 15: Current Immigration status(H1B/H4/EAD)?
coloum 16: Eligibility under CFR274a.12 ( ) ( ) ( )

Guru's please provide me help on these questions.

veek

CFR274a.12(c)(9) for people applying for EAD based on a pending 485 application.

Tanjore said:
We are in New Jersey and we would like to renew our EAD and AP. I heard that there is a change in filing office. Is it Chicago or Vermont Service center? Currently our I-485 is pending and we have filed it in Vermont SVC.

Regards,
Tanjore
Any idea on this?

Tanjore said:
We are in New Jersey and we would like to renew our EAD and AP. I heard that there is a change in filing office. Is it Chicago or Vermont Service center? Currently our I-485 is pending and we have filed it in Vermont SVC.

Regards,
Tanjore
You are right. For EB categories, where ever I-485 pending, you need file there.

Is it necessary for the primary applicant to send the H1 document. I have already given up my H1 and am currently working on EAD with the same employer.

Are the new EAD for 1 year or 3-5 years

I need to apply for my wife's renewal. Can someone tell me if INS is currently giving EAD for 1 year or 3 years?

Thanks

Renewal of EAD with E-filing

Hi,
E-filed my I-765 (renewal) myself and i got some questions..

1. do i need to send photographs when we send for supporting documentation?

in the confirmation receipt it says " do not send photographs"
here is the extract from confirmation receipt
--------------------------------
Next Steps:
Send supporting documentation to the address below, if required.
• For information on required supporting documentation for this application, see the BCIS Form Instructions
links listed at the following Internet address: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm .
• DO attach one copy of this Confirmation Receipt as a cover page for the supporting documentation that you
are submitting.
• DO NOT mail photos or copies of identification unless requested to do so by BCIS.
----------------------------------------
can someone help me what to do?

Thanks

Starter said:
I need to apply for my wife's renewal. Can someone tell me if INS is currently giving EAD for 1 year or 3 years?

Thanks
I just got my EAD approved. Will let you in once i get it....

EAD Approved in exactly 25 days....Paper filing...

re:

I plan to submit my renewal for my EAD using paper based method. My 485 is pending at CSC. Can someone pls tell which address should my application go to.
Also can i send my wife's application along with mine in the same envelope.

ragz....please reply

ragz said:
I just got my EAD approved. Will let you in once i get it....

EAD Approved in exactly 25 days....Paper filing...

ragz,
Where did you send your application?. There are conflicting postings about the address where the application should be sent. Some say USCIS center where I-485 has been filed like Vermont Center and some say Chicago Lock box. Can you clarify this please. Also what is the period you have been approved for new EAD? More than a year as some people are saying?

And is the date of your new EAD effective from the next day of your previous EAD expiry date or effective from the new approval date. In the latter case you may be loosing some period if you have applied EAD in advance and has been approved well before current EAD expires.
Thnx

raaj97 said:
ragz,
Where did you send your application?. There are conflicting postings about the address where the application should be sent. Some say USCIS center where I-485 has been filed like Vermont Center and some say Chicago Lock box. Can you clarify this please. Also what is the period you have been approved for new EAD? More than a year as some people are saying?

And is the date of your new EAD effective from the next day of your previous EAD expiry date or effective from the new approval date. In the latter case you may be loosing some period if you have applied EAD in advance and has been approved well before current EAD expires.
Thnx

Why don't you check out the instructions on the Form I-765 itself. http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-765.pdf
It clearly states that the Chicago Lock Box facility does not apply to aliens who have a pending EMPLOYMENT based adjustment of status (I-485) application. These applicants still need to send in their applications to the service center where they filed their 485 application.

EFFECTIVE APRIL 1, 2005
DIRECT MAIL INSTRUCTIONS FOR PERSONS FILING FORM I-765

---------------------------------------------------------
AS PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED AND REMAINS IN EFFECT – EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 1, 2004
DIRECT MAIL INSTRUCTIONS FOR PERSONS FILING FORM I-765

__________________________________________________​

If you live in one of these states or territories, please read this notice to determine your filing location:
ALABAMA, ARIZONA, ARKANSAS, COLORADO, CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, FLORIDA, GEORGIA,
HAWAII, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, KENTUCKY, LOUISIANA, MAINE, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN,
MINNESOTA, MISSISSIPPI, NEVADA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, NORTH CAROLINA,
NORTH DAKOTA, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, SOUTH CAROLINA, SOUTH DAKOTA,
TENNESSEE, UTAH, VERMONT, VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA, WISCONSIN, WYOMING, AS WELL AS THE
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, GUAM, PUERTO RICO, AND THE VIRGIN ISLANDS OF THE UNITED STATES

The mailing address has changed for certain applicants living in the locations above, and filing under
certain categories – please review the list below to determine if you should use this direct mail address.

This affects aliens residing in the locations above who are filing Form I-765, seeking employment
authorization under 8 CFR 274a.12 in the following categories:
  • (a)(10)--Aliens granted Withholding of Removal (fee not required for initial or renewal of EAD);
  • (c)(9)--Aliens filing for adjustment of status (Form I-485) who were required to file with the USCIS
    local office having jurisdiction over their place of residence (this does NOT include aliens filing for
    EMPLOYMENT based adjustment of status
    );
  • (c)(10)-- an alien eligible for deportation or removal relief (does not apply to NACARA 203 relief);
  • (c)(11)--Aliens who are paroled into the United States temporarily for emergency reasons or the
    public interest;
  • (c)(14)--Aliens granted deferred action, except those aliens who have been granted deferred action
    based upon (1) an approved Form I-360 (as a battered spouse or child of a U.S. citizen or lawful
    permanent resident), (2) a pending bona fide application for T nonimmigrant status, or (3) U
    nonimmigrant status interim relief;
  • (c)(16)--Aliens who are filing for creation of record of lawful admission for permanent residence
    under section 249 of the Act; and
  • (c)(18)--Aliens granted an Order of Supervision (except for those individuals affected by the recent
    U.S. Supreme Court decision, Clark v. Martinez 125 S. Ct. 716 (i.e. Mariel Cubans));

These aliens must submit their Form I-765, and all supporting evidence to the Chicago Lockbox Facility
listed below.

The Direct Mail address for the aliens mentioned above, seeking employment authorization is:
U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Or, for non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g. private couriers):
Attn: FBASI
427 S. LaSalle – 3 rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60605-1098

The form said to send the side view pics and I sent that for both my EAd and AP.
Please let me know what shall I do now as I read some where and they need front view as change of rule.

Besides, do I need to wait for an RFe or can I send them the new set of pics as soon as I get my EAC?

thanks

EAD approved

Folks,

The information and cover letters were very helpful. I prepared our petitions (H1B and H4) and got EAD in little over 10 days.

Please include color DL in your applications for faster processing.

Waiting on AP.

EAD RD 4/14/2005
EAD Approved on 4/26/2005
I-140 OR Approved on 6/12/2004
I-140 RD 9/5/2004

What address should I file?

I went to INS website and downloaded the form and it says for residents in Illinois(And a lot others), we should file the AP to

P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Is it correct? I am applying AP renew for my wife, and I am employment based I-485.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Questions for form I-131

I am filling out the I-131 form for my wife's advance parole. But meet some questions:
Part 1, number 3.
What is "Class of Admission", what should I put there?

Part3, date of intended departure adn expected length of trip.

I dont have a trip in mind, should I still fill in those?

Thanks!

tangjc said:
I went to INS website and downloaded the form and it says for residents in Illinois(And a lot others), we should file the AP to

P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Is it correct? I am applying AP renew for my wife, and I am employment based I-485.

Thanks for the help!

Please refer to my above post (#52).

tangjc said:
Part 1, number 3.
What is "Class of Admission", what should I put there?

Looks like you haven't read the entire thread. Please refer to my post (#41) on page 3 of this thread.

AP Application

I have read the whole thread. I would like to send only documents which are neccessary.

Can somebody give me a list of documents which are required. I may not have several documents listed in joyd's post. OR they may take me long time to gather. So I would prefer not to worry about it if they are not required.

Can somebody give me list of documents which are required mandatory. I would prefer not to send documents just like that if they are not required.

Thanks

EAD/AP renewal Questions

I wanted to apply for my paper based EAD/AP renewal's and needed to confirm few things from gurus.

1) Is the fees for AP and EAD as $165 and $175 correct?Just wanted to be sure.
2) My 485 is emloyment based(EB3) pending in vermont center.Do i have to mail the application to Vermont service center itself or Chicago, IL?
3) What happens if you are working and you old EAD is expired, and you have applied for a new one and that has not been approved yet.Is this gap consirered as "out of status"?

Here is an example
Old EAD expires on Aug 30,05
Filed for New EAD on July 30 ,05
Got New EAD Approved in Sep 30,05

So the gap between Aug 30 , 05 and Sep 30 ,05 considered as "out of status" or is it OK.

Please clarify