EAD and AP second picture ID required!

gcwaiter66

Registered Users (C)
just got an RFE. INS requires a second ID (besides passport) for EAD and AP. My lawyer suggested we send in drivers license. However the license of my wife's (working temporarily in a different state) has an address that's not the one showned as current address on the paperwork we filed for 140/480/EAD/AP. would this be a problem? or would they accept other IDs like company ID that doen't have address on it?

gcwaiter66 said:
just got an RFE. INS requires a second ID (besides passport) for EAD and AP. My lawyer suggested we send in drivers license. However the license of my wife's (working temporarily in a different state) has an address that's not the one showned as current address on the paperwork we filed for 140/480/EAD/AP. would this be a problem? or would they accept other IDs like company ID that doen't have address on it?

In my opinion, sending copy of drivers lisence is ok, even if it is from a different state or has a different address. I think they are looking for another Govt. issued photo ID, so company issued ID will not work.

If she has a visa stamped on her passport they do accept that as second proof of ID. I used it successfully for my wifes EAD/AP, when she did not have a DL.

They just need these photo ID(s) only to compare the picture with the EAD/AP photo.

As long the photos are reasonably the same, you should be OK with an out of state ID. They don't care about the address or anything on it.

Try to send enlarged copies - & make sure the photo has come out well in the copy. Some even suggest sending color copies - but I've always send enlarged b&w copies and its worked quite well :)

It might be a problem

gcwaiter66 said:
...However the license of my wife's (working temporarily in a different state) has an address that's not the one showned as current address on the paperwork we filed for 140/480/EAD/AP. would this be a problem? ...

If they see a different address they may think you are divorced (living in separate addresses) and question the validity of the I-485 application. If you have some other ID use that one. I wonder why do you ask us? Ask your lawyer. In any case, if in doubt, check nemessis story in this link http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=993628#post993628