EA approved, relink I-485?

Calling TSC

hi good y
Can you tell us step by step how you get through 800 customer service phone to talk with the immigration officer at TSC? I heard that after transfer INS do not answer inquiry in 60 days (my attorney told me). Why 180 days? Which one is right? Thanks.

Hi ela 6,
I talked today to INS guys and they say the transferred cases has to wait for 180 days, that is the time TSC require for processing?????????
I did not get any FP so far!

hi good y
Can you tell us step by step how you get through 800 customer service phone to talk with the immigration officer at TSC? I heard that after transfer INS do not answer inquiry in 60 days (my attorney told me). Why 180 days? Which one is right? Thanks.

I used the technique being followed by many here,
call the 1800 number, then 1-2-2-6-1-enter your receipt no.-1- listern ot the message-3-then 4 and will take you to a rep in the ser center. It all depend on the person you are talking, there are plenty of very good guys and worst too. try on thursdays, I found youget connected quickly.
good luck

Called FBI to inquire about status?

Hi Mogambo1, in your signature, you say that you called the FBI to inquire abuot the status of your name check. What number did you call and what specificially did you say/ask in the phone call?

Thank.

I was told that inquiry cannot be done for 180 days for transferred cases!! If the case has not been transferred and if one requests an inquiry then they cannot request another one within 60 days...
hi good y

Thats for FP only. Call to W.Virginia FBI unit.
Hi Mogambo1, in your signature, you say that you called the FBI to inquire abuot the status of your name check. What number did you call and what specificially did you say/ask in the phone call?

Thank.

Mogambo1
Sorry, did not go further back in the forum to check. Just curious, looks like your interlink has worked? Am I correct? I am assuming this because I see that you had your FP done..Was there any LUD after FP? did the message change after FP
thanks
ela
Thats for FP only. Call to W.Virginia FBI unit.

It will be good to know the priority date. I think NSC is pre-adjugating the cases as movement of priority dates are expected. They are doing this for the past one year (an ariticle about this is on Shusterman;s website).
Once the case becomes current, then they can simply approve the case.

Code 1 is taking FP for all fingers. Code 2 (which is taken for EAD) takes a picture and thumb priint. If we have already done Code 2, the picture is in their database. They don't need it any more. They just need FP. So,they end up sending Code 1.

Good sign!!!
did you have any priority date? i have not noticed. By the way why code 1 and why they sent code 3. any idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be good to know the priority date. I think NSC is pre-adjugating the cases as movement of priority dates are expected. They are doing this for the past one year (an ariticle about this is on Shusterman;s website).
Once the case becomes current, then they can simply approve the case.

I asked whether PD is there in FP notice or not. Hope I clear your question. Do you think our FP will change with time :)?

Successful Interfile/Refile

Dear Friends,

This has been a very useful forum for me during my long journey to to get a green card for my spouse and me.

I wanted to share my 2 cents .

1. Concurrent filing I 140 NIW EB2 and I485. Sept 2005 just before retrogression.
2. I 140 approved Oct 2005:D
3. FP Oct 2005.
4. EAD and AP approved Nov 2005:D
5. No change for months. Medical Feb2006
6. Filed I-140 EB1A August 2006
7. Renewed EAD and AP August 2006.
8. EB-1A I-140 approved Nov 2006.
9. Request for Interfiling Nov 2006.EB1A 140 with prior I485.
10. No acknowledgement. sent at least 2 more requests.:confused:
11 Infopass Feb 2007 - no information about Interfiling request.
12. Refiled new I-485 Feb 2007. (with new medical)
13. FP March 2007 for new I485.
14. I485 Approved April2007.:D
15 GC received 5 days later.:D :D :D

Approval notice shows PD as September 2005. Uses new I485 number and has RD as Feb 2007.
Go Figure.:confused: :confused: :confused:

In any case there was no penalty(except the fee) for refiling and therfore having 2 I 485 petitions.

I hope this is useful for all others in the process of interfiling/refiling.

Keep the faith.

Dear Friends,

This has been a very useful forum for me during my long journey to to get a green card for my spouse and me.

Approval notice shows PD as September 2005. Uses new I485 number and has RD as Feb 2007.

In any case there was no penalty(except the fee) for refiling and therfore having 2 I 485 petitions.

Keep the faith.

Thanks for sharing your info. 2 questions,

Which center are you in?
Did you apply for a new EAD in Feb 2007 when you refile I-485??

Hi Guruwhizz ,

That is really a great news. May I ask which service center you filed w/ for your second 485 ?

congratulations ...

I have somewhat similar case like ur (see my sign). May I ask u which country u r from?
Dear Friends,

1. Concurrent filing I 140 NIW EB2 and I485. Sept 2005 just before retrogression.
3. FP Oct 2005.

Keep the faith.

Dear Friends,

3. FP Oct 2005.

Keep the faith.

congrats for your I485 approval,
1)can you tell us name of your country?
2)how many LUDs you got after FP and approval.
thanks,

Service center- Nebraska
Country-India
EAD-renewed in August 2006 for NoV07-08
LUD after FP and on day of approval.No other LUDs

Guruwhizz,
Congrats!! couple of questions for you. Did the message change after FP LuD?
When was the FP and when did you get the approval. Could you please let us know. We really appreciate it.
thanks
Ela
Service center- Nebraska
Country-India
EAD-renewed in August 2006 for NoV07-08
LUD after FP and on day of approval.No other LUDs