EA approved, relink I-485?

I had sent in requests for relinking my recently approved I140 with older priority date (relink it to the 485 that is pending). 5 months have gone by nothing has happend. Now the file has moved to NE from CSC.

On searching this forum, looks like only a couple of them managed to relink. Anyone else who is successful.

Just curious, is any one else waiting longer than say 9 months waiting for relinking to occur..

It is very unfortunate that we are unable to either call them (not the customer service as they are of no use), fax them. Only option is to keep sending mails which they conveniently ignore...

I really appreciate if someone could eithe post it here of send me an email at elangom at hotmail.com as to how to proceed further. I am really tired of all this and frustrated...Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase help..

Hi ela6

I understand the frustration you are going through. I have not yet started the relinking process since I have to deal with my A# correction (VSC messed up with my A# in my approved I-140). You are true that only may be couple of members have successfully interlinked their petitions. Nobody knows what to do?

New I-140 under EB1-OR, I-485 files under old I-140 under EB2-NIW

Thanks for all the discussion in this forum. I am new but the situation is similar. I files I-485 under EB2 I-140 approved. at TSC Now a new I-140 under EB1-OR is also approved at NSC. I want to relink. My attorney was not at all clear on what to do. My question is whether the attorney must write to request a relink of I-485 to new I-140 or I can write on my own. My attorney takes months to do even simple things. So getting him to follow this thing up is not such a good idea. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I think filing a new 485 is most straightforward approach . Although there are some posted successful relink cases, more are just wasting time trying to relink.

Thanks for all the discussion in this forum. I am new but the situation is similar. I files I-485 under EB2 I-140 approved. at TSC Now a new I-140 under EB1-OR is also approved at NSC. I want to relink. My attorney was not at all clear on what to do. My question is whether the attorney must write to request a relink of I-485 to new I-140 or I can write on my own. My attorney takes months to do even simple things. So getting him to follow this thing up is not such a good idea. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Check if your newly approved I-140 has your A number below your name.
If it is present then the new I-140 in all probability is already linked to I-485 .

Last edited by a moderator:
You can write for the relink. Lawyer is NOT needed for this job.
You write a letter clearly explaining what you want them to. For example, "Subject" should have good sentence. Send to the correct addresss. On the envelope, you could write "request for relink" or something.

So, basically, you can request it. You don't need the lawyer. thanks
ela

Check if your newly approved I-140 has your A number below your name.
If it is present then the new I-140 in all probability is already linked to I-485 .

That is not true, my EA approved had the same A# but was not relinked and even several letters did not help, but still trying????

That is not true, my EA approved had the same A# but was not relinked and even several letters did not help, but still trying????

Then how do you confirm that the I-140 is interlinked to 485 successfuly?

In My case I had the older Priority date ported properly on my new I-140, got A # on the new I-140 and recently got a few LUDs on my new I-140 and old 485 simultaneouly.

Calling and checking the PD/ interlinking with Customer service or NSc service center guys or INFOPASS is fruitless because those idiots have no idea of what is going on.:mad:

HI josamdee,

Most of the members whoever got NIW and EB-1 got approved has got different PD in I-140s

For example: My EB-2 I-140 has got PD of Sep. 2005
My EB-1EA I-140 has got PD of Jan. 2007

So how will you port your PD of EB-2 to EB-1EA I-140? do you we need to write to the service center for this? I do not understand. Won't interlink request work? any comments....

HI josamdee,

Most of the members whoever got NIW and EB-1 got approved has got different PD in I-140s

For example: My EB-2 I-140 has got PD of Sep. 2005
My EB-1EA I-140 has got PD of Jan. 2007

So how will you port your PD of EB-2 to EB-1EA I-140? do you we need to write to the service center for this? I do not understand. Won't interlink request work? any comments....

You could try the I-140 PD correction path. One of the Immi portal members has tried that succesfully. The PD on the new I-140 was changed to the older PD in about 8 weeks.

If I had already sent the interlink request can i still try this route? changing
Old PD to the newly approved I-140 EB-1EA. Is there any USCIS memo available? can you please post that if there is any.

If I had already sent the interlink request can i still try this route? changing
Old PD to the newly approved I-140 EB-1EA. Is there any USCIS memo available? can you please post that if there is any.

Why would you need a another memo for it. Your attorney should send a PD correction request with copy of old I-140 approval notice and LAbor certification if available, along with a note and description & copy of Pearson's memo.

I know that one of the members has been succesful with this path.

Hi josamdee,

then what is the different between sending interlink request and making PD correction? Most of the members are sending interlink request without correcting PD. will it delay the process?

My new I-140 under EB1-OR has the same A# as the old but not the same priority date. Priority date is less of an issue with EB1 as it's likely to be current. The important thng is to be able to relink. By the way, I called TSC several times and each time the representative said I should send a request for relink. They did not even mention refiling. One time the representative even consulted her supervisor and came back with the opinion that relink request is the way to go. Let's keep each other posted on the success. Thanks!

My new I-140 under EB1-OR has the same A# as the old but not the same priority date. Priority date is less of an issue with EB1 as it's likely to be current. The important thng is to be able to relink. By the way, I called TSC several times and each time the representative said I should send a request for relink. They did not even mention refiling. One time the representative even consulted her supervisor and came back with the opinion that relink request is the way to go. Let's keep each other posted on the success. Thanks!

I talked to a TSC officer and she said my application is pending and they are not going to process it, she did not answer to my relink questions and others. very arrogant in attitude!!!!!!!!!
so will try calling them again next week.

Hello good_y, so they are not going to process your interlink request, or your pending I-485 cannot be adjuicated at this moment due to background checks? Can you please explain?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi good y

what does it mean by they are not going to process it? Is it because of background check or something else.

Hi good y

what does it mean by they are not going to process it? Is it because of background check or something else.

Frankly speaking I do not know, what she was keep repeating, they are not processing my application now. I could feel the arrogance, so I stopped the conversation there, try to catch some good guys some other time.

Hi good y

My attorney is saying that we do not need to port our PD from EB-2 to EB-1 and moreover we have our original filing date for I-485. The service center will automatically link EB-1 with the pending 485. I did not quite understand.

I agree..Having A# on I140 application should result in automatic relinking. However, in reality, that never happens...
Ela

I think he is trying to say that having the A# on the I140 application (seconnd one) will automatically get it linked with I485. It only happens in perfect world... None of us had luck with automatic linking...

By the way, I don't mean to confuse the group, Michael pearson memo says that the I140 can be ported in the same category, does that mean, it can be ported only from EB2 to EB2?? Any comments??

Hi good y

My attorney is saying that we do not need to port our PD from EB-2 to EB-1 and moreover we have our original filing date for I-485. The service center will automatically link EB-1 with the pending 485. I did not quite understand.