EA approved, relink I-485?

People at Infopass AND the people who receive our calls at the customer service have no clue.. They are trained just to take a status enquiry request... Don't expect them to do anything else... They just B.S.
Sometimes we are frustrated that they don't do anything other than putting a status enquiry.. Perhaps, that is why they pretend they know everything and attempt answering other questions (leading to B.S.).

I will not give any credit to what they say....

Frankly speaking I do not know, what she was keep repeating, they are not processing my application now. I could feel the arrogance, so I stopped the conversation there, try to catch some good guys some other time.

I think interlink and correcting PD means the same.. Can you elaborate what you mean by "correcting PD". thanks
Ela
Hi josamdee,

then what is the different between sending interlink request and making PD correction? Most of the members are sending interlink request without correcting PD. will it delay the process?

Interlinking is not very common...I would not make my decision based on what the representative tells me OR what her supervisor tells..The reason is that they do NOT handle the cases. They just give their opinnion. Most of the times, they B.S. just to get you off the phone..

I would take the lawyer's opinnion (if he/she is a good one). After all, he has to buy into it, otherwise he is not going to co-operate...

My new I-140 under EB1-OR has the same A# as the old but not the same priority date. Priority date is less of an issue with EB1 as it's likely to be current. The important thng is to be able to relink. By the way, I called TSC several times and each time the representative said I should send a request for relink. They did not even mention refiling. One time the representative even consulted her supervisor and came back with the opinion that relink request is the way to go. Let's keep each other posted on the success. Thanks!

You seem to have some LUDs. Did you receive any finger print notice?
thanks

I talked to a TSC officer and she said my application is pending and they are not going to process it, she did not answer to my relink questions and others. very arrogant in attitude!!!!!!!!!
so will try calling them again next week.

I think he is trying to say that having the A# on the I140 application (seconnd one) will automatically get it linked with I485. It only happens in perfect world... None of us had luck with automatic linking...

By the way, I don't mean to confuse the group, Michael pearson memo says that the I140 can be ported in the same category, does that mean, it can be ported only from EB2 to EB2?? Any comments??

Pearson Memo says you can take the advantage of PD by linking.

Pearson Memo says you can take the advantage of PD by linking.

Madgu (I typed it right :) )
PD correction is important if EB1 is not current and you want to take the advantage of your previous PD of EB2. Since EB1 is current then there is no point to confuse the intellectually challenged USCIS officers. concentrate only on relinking.

You seem to have some LUDs. Did you receive any finger print notice?
thanks

Hi ela 6,
I talked today to INS guys and they say the transferred cases has to wait for 180 days, that is the time TSC require for processing?????????
I did not get any FP so far!

PD correction is important if EB1 is not current and you want to take the advantage of your previous PD of EB2. Since EB1 is current then there is no point to confuse the intellectually challenged USCIS officers. concentrate only on relinking.

Yes ajasha you typed it correctly :)

I understood what you meant by not confusing the intellectually challenged USCIS officers. I will concentrate only on relinking.

Hi ela 6,
I talked today to INS guys and they say the transferred cases has to wait for 180 days, that is the time TSC require for processing?????????
I did not get any FP so far!

Does your transfer notice say that you have to wait for 6 months?

Nothing is written on the notice. However, I was also told (and some in the forum said the same) that you wait for 6 months before you can put in a status enquiry. Guess, they need the time to get to the file!!
Does your transfer notice say that you have to wait for 6 months?

Interlinking is not very common...I would not make my decision based on what the representative tells me OR what her supervisor tells..The reason is that they do NOT handle the cases. They just give their opinnion. Most of the times, they B.S. just to get you off the phone..

I would take the lawyer's opinnion (if he/she is a good one). After all, he has to buy into it, otherwise he is not going to co-operate...

My reading of various posts on this other websites leads me to believe that relinking or interfiling is preferred over refiling. For example look at the answers in Murthy's chatroomms. She always advises guys to request an interfile. My attorney had a similar opinion. He said first we should try to relink and if that does not succeed then file a new one. He said both these approaches are not foolproof. While relinking may take months or may never happen, refiling can also confuse USCIS. So I decided to request a relink. I will refile if it does not succeed in 3-4 months.

That was a good one ! :p :p :p

Well I pursued interfiling for 6 months and then gave up, re-filed. What a waste of $1000, but no other option, since fees may increase anytime, as per their proposal, so better now than later when I have to pay escalated processing charges.

My reading of various posts on this other websites leads me to believe that relinking or interfiling is preferred over refiling. For example look at the answers in Murthy's chatroomms. She always advises guys to request an interfile. My attorney had a similar opinion. He said first we should try to relink and if that does not succeed then file a new one. He said both these approaches are not foolproof. While relinking may take months or may never happen, refiling can also confuse USCIS. So I decided to request a relink. I will refile if it does not succeed in 3-4 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any other negatives of refiling, besides some extra money spent?

Well I pursued interfiling for 6 months and then gave up, re-filed. What a waste of $1000, but no other option, since fees may increase anytime, as per their proposal, so better now than later when I have to pay escalated processing charges.

Mogambo, did you attorney tell you of any problems if you refile? My attorney said that there are no major downside riskd of refiling except that USCIS will eventually send you letter asking which I-485 to follow. Is that what you attorney also told you?

Guys,

Think about the positives of not interfiling. See by not re-filing but "interfiling" myself is done and Magdu is almost done.

Interfiling is the way to go !!!!
Wish you good luck.

Best,

Hi guys,

FYI, just saw a positive relinking story in another board. Both of the guy and his lawyer contributed to the success. Don't give up!

I do not have any attorney working for me or any of my cases. I am fighting on my own.

Mogambo, did you attorney tell you of any problems if you refile? My attorney said that there are no major downside riskd of refiling except that USCIS will eventually send you letter asking which I-485 to follow. Is that what you attorney also told you?