EA approved, relink I-485?

NIW Nov04,
Priority date is based on LC or I-140 receipt date. I don't think it is related to I-485 receipt date. While one may be able to submit I-485 when his/her priority date becomes current, their case cannot be adjudicated unless their priority date is current on a particular date (i.e., suppose the visa buletin date retrogressed after the individual filed I-485).

Newhope2005 said:
Bioscience field. 18 first author published papers, all from US. Two from impact factors higher than 12. All others have impact factor around 5-7.
80 citations. 13 reference letters, 10 from independent experts in the field, most of them big shots. 5 of them are from European countries, and two of them are memebers of Academy of Sciences. One from a never met researcher who cited my paper in Oxford, stating how significantly my work help her Ph.D research.
Ph.D in a mid-level US University. 3 years as Research Associate in a private institute. 25 Conference presentations. 2 invited talks at conferences.
Two times reviewers.
Two members of scientific societies. One can provide proof/statements attesting top-ranking qulities of research contributions needed for joining.
One best presentation award at a conference as Ph.D student. 5 travel grants award. Two university fellowships.

Can you please mention what kind of membership is that? Thank you very much!

Hey Everyone,

I am on the same boat. Thank you very much for your information. Here is mine,

I-140 EB-1b approved. All other pending cases were transfered from VSC to NSC in May.

140 NIW: PD 9/30/2005, RFE 8/11/2006
140 EB-1b: PD 9/30/2005, AD 4/17/2006 kept in VSC
485: PD 9/30/2005 [NSC current process date: 11/1/2005]
EAD: PD 9/30/2005, AD 12/??/2005, LUD 8/7/2006
AP: PD 9/30/2005, AD 12/??/2005, LUD 8/7/2006
request for interfiling 485 with approved EB-1b: 7/5/2006

Both my wife and I got LUD on the approved EAD and AP last week. I assume they are working on our I-485s now or they received my interfiling request. The bad news is that I just got NIW RFE email. I don't see any connections between NIW RFE and LUD on the approved EAD and AP.

I'm going to wait ~45 days before I reply my NIW RFE. Hopefully something will happen on our I-485 before that. I haven't received the RFE letter yet. I assume additional reference letter is a must. This gonna be painful. I don't want to beg for references. In the worse scenario, I'm going to file the second I-485 based on the approved Eb-1b I-140. Then I'll waste >$1500 filing fees and 11 months of I-485 priority time. Also I have to wait aother six months before I can change my job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi NIW-Nov 04,

That's a great news!! How did you know that? By calling 1-800 or infopass?

NIW-Nov 04 said:
I think my I-485 interfiling request has finally worked out. Now waiting for the new FP notice.

This is even better! I can't believe it!
NIW-Nov 04 said:
None of the above. Someone called me from USCIS office to let me know that interfiling it is take care of and to await new FP notice.

Niw Nov, Same Question, How Did You Know The Request Has Gone Through, What Did You Notice In Lud, Did You Call Them,

Thanks, Congratulations, Which Service Center, Both Of The Petitions Approved Or One Of Them And You Interfiled?

After sending the interfile request serveral times, Today I saw LUDs on all my filed cases ( both I-140 and I-485) w/o message change. Hope they are doing sth on my case.

Thank you NIW-Nov 04. I will keep you guys posted about any updates on my cases.

Good luck to everyone

It seems this LUD is a massive update for cases transferred from CSC to TSE.

Still no sign of any good news :( //

Someone posted a successfuly case of relink

It seems someone successfully relinked the 485.

http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.php?SubID=immigration&MsgID=221701

NIW- 140 & 485 filed together on 9-30-05
140 approved on 10-24-05
EB-1a I-140 filed on 3-3-06,and approved on 3-26-06
My attorney filed a document linking approved EB1-a 140 to the I-485 on 7-25-06
call INS on 9-16-06 and got 485 approved email today.

note: 1) you can get your background information from the local INS office;
2) you can link your approved Eb1a 140 to your old pending 485(EB2)so you could get your case current;
3) try to call INS to have an enquiry, which really works!

Thank everyone and I really get lot useful information and benefit greatly from this site.

Good luck to everyone and I believe you guys' cases will be approved very soon!

It's TSC how about NSC!!?
140 approved on 10-24-05

ooooo said:
It seems someone successfully relinked the 485.

http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.php?SubID=immigration&MsgID=221701

140 approved on 10-24-05
EB-1a I-140 filed on 3-3-06,and approved on 3-26-06
My attorney filed a document linking approved EB1-a 140 to the I-485 on 7-25-06
call INS on 9-16-06 and got 485 approved email today.

note: 1) you can get your background information from the local INS office;
2) you can link your approved Eb1a 140 to your old pending 485(EB2)so you could get your case current;
3) try to call INS to have an enquiry, which really works!

Thank everyone and I really get lot useful information and benefit greatly from this site.

Good luck to everyone and I believe you guys' cases will be approved very soon!
:eek: :eek:

Is this possible

Hi Good_Y:

I have approved NIW (self petion) and pending I-485. I am from India and I-140 priority date is 09/30/2005.

Now I plan to apply for EB1-EA. I have all documents ready. Do you think it will have any problem if I submit this application. what will happen if EB1-EA get rejected? do you think it will affect the pending I-485?

Feedback please

Sagn

good_y said:
Approved I-140s and Job Mobility - Transfer of the Earlier Priority Date

The priority date from an approved, valid I-140 petition may be transferred to a new I-140 petition. This is another situation in which premium processing would prove advantageous. Since I-140 premium processing would allow for faster approval of the I-140 petition, the priority date potentially then would be available for transfer to a later-filed employment-based green card case, at the I-140 stage. This later-filed I-140 petition could be with the same employer (for a different job) or with a new employer in a new position.

Transfer of the Earlier Priority Date : EB3 to New EB2

The ability to transfer priority dates from an earlier, approved, I-140 to a later-filed I-140 could provide an alternative for job mobility, both within the current employer's organization or with a new employer. This would be helpful for those who want to make a change but are not eligible to file the I-485 application because of retrogression. It also could help people who are eligible to change from an EB3 classification to EB2. One would be eligible to request a transfer of the priority date from the earlier-filed EB3 petition to a new EB2 petition once the I-140 is approved. The new EB2 petition would need to be based upon a new LC for a position requiring the EB2 level of education and/or experience. (Over time, many people with EB3 cases have become eligible for EB2 cases due to increased experience and/or education, and promotions.) This strategy potentially could shave off a few years in the queue for available immigrant visa numbers. This may be particularly appealing to those who had EB3 labor certifications filed on their behalf long ago and have had their cases pending while they have gained advanced degrees, acquired several more years of experience, and/or are offered jobs at higher levels. Keep in mind, though, that this involves filing a whole new LC under the PERM system for a new job opportunity and that the employer must actually require the additional degree and/or experience for all persons holding that job classification in order for the new case to be filed as EB2.

sagn said:
Hi Good_Y:

I have approved NIW (self petion) and pending I-485. I am from India and I-140 priority date is 09/30/2005.

Now I plan to apply for EB1-EA. I have all documents ready. Do you think it will have any problem if I submit this application. what will happen if EB1-EA get rejected? do you think it will affect the pending I-485?

Feedback please

Sagn
Hi sagan,
I do not see any problem. as you might have seen some previous posting that people have easily relinked the 485 and got approved. I think the files are handled separately and has nothing to do with whether you have approved 140 or not. you can apply for EB1 and once it is approved, you may try for relinking it to the previously submitted 485.
If 140 EA is rejected, I think still your EB2 is valid and is not going to have any effect.
Somebody can give more high light, please do so.
Good luck!

Relink I-485 from personal NIW to employer filed EB1-OR

I wonder who needs to write a letter requesting relinking if the case is as follows:

I-485 filed by an individual for an EB2 - NIW petition and then trying to relink this to an approved EB1-OR petition filed by the individuals employer.

Is this relink even possible or should a seperate I-485 be filed?

where could I find this Michael Pearson Memo?

Hi, there:

Does anybody know where I can find this Michael Pearson Memo? I want to submit a interlink letter as well. Also, does anybody know the address I should use for TSC and VSC?

Many many thanks.

Min

shokaido said:
GCRookie,

Here is what I enclosed in my request to relink:

1. A cover letter explaining what you want to do;
2. Copy of approval notice of the I-140 to link to;
3. Copy of I485 receipt notice;
4. Company offer letter (if your I-140 to link to is a company-sponsored)
5. Payroll record in 2004 and 2005 (just a print-out of all my salary earnings)
6. A copy of the Michael Pearson Memo