e-File or paper file EAD?

Boston_RIR

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My EAD expires in May 2004.

How reliable is it to e-File the EAD renewal
via the web interface, versus renewing it
by paper?

How early is it recommended to renew it?

(My lawyer wanted me to renew it 7 months
early, in September, but I think he is just
trying to gouge me for more fees, so I didn't
do it, and plan on renewing it myself.)

Thanks.

My EAD expires in May 2004.

How reliable is it to e-File the EAD renewal
via the web interface, versus renewing it
by paper?
---- I prefer to file by mail
How early is it recommended to renew it?
------ No need of lawyer, you should send your EAD renewal application NOW, better to file 5-6 months advance. Just fill up the form I-765, 2 photographs, the TOP portion that you received with your earlier EAD, copy of EAD (front and back), I-485 filing receipt, if I-140 approved the copy of approved I-140 or I-140 filing receipt, USCIS fees $ 120. If service center is NSC then also send color copy of DL and first page of your passport that has your photo, DOB, PP#.( VSC also started asking color Copy of DL and PP first page). Write out side the envelope “Form I-765 for EAD renewal” and mail it to service center

my ead expires on 4/10/03. I filed renewal on 12/23/03, and received receipt on 1/2/04. Notice date 12/24/03.

Don't

Don't do my mistake my filing. Just take a day off and go to JFK building and get your ead on same day.

Ginnu ..... EAD & I-94

Ginnu Do we need to send I-94 on renewal of EAD??

Hi All,

Has anyone in the situation where your H1-B visa is expired and so is your I-94 while stying in US. BUT you have your 485 pending and have an approved EAD and you are working based on that EAD.

I want to know, really wish, that does I-94 expiring matter at all when you are working on EAD.

Also when you switch to EAD from H1b how does INS is informed about your change??

Any help is deeply appreciated guys.

I need to renew my EAD and want to have your opinion; my lawyer is out for 3-4 days so stuck here.
Pls respond ASAP.