• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2022 Middle name error, KCC not reopening DS260

Youri

Hello,

I made a post recently about my case. I am a winner of the DV2022 lottery, case 2022EU20***, in France.

A mistake was made on my passport on my middle name a long time ago when my passport was created in 2013. I was told that it was normal, but it is not the case in reality, because my passport does not reflect my civil status (birth certificate).

So I decided to renew my passport to correct an error, and will receive a new passport completely modified ( corrected name, new number, new expiration date, etc)

The problem is that I played DV2022 and sent my DS260 with the information from my old passport with the name error.

So I contacted the KCC to reopen my file. They told me "now that your case is current, the KCC cannot reopen your file for modifications. Check with your consular section. "

So I sent an email to my embassy where I will be interviewing, with no response.

So I want to know:
Since I will be able to go to the embassy with both passports to prove the mistake ( the old and the new) is it a real problem if I can't modify my DS260 anymore to go to the embassy? Does this lead to a direct denial of my visa?

Or can I just say that it is a mistake that is not mine, and that in this case, they can modify directly on the spot?

I would have liked to modify other information such as previous trips, my current job etc. But I don't know if it is possible.

NB: I put the message from KCC in the files attachments.

Thank you in advance for your precious answers

Youri

Attachments

• 20220217_191936.jpg
    20220217_191936.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 7
The issue is not about the mistake on your passport not being your fault, but that of others such as the issuing authority, etc. So you honestly need to stop going on and on and trying to use that explanation as some form of justification. When filing out your DS260 form, there was the option of listing any other name used where you could have listed this but failed to do so. If you had followed the instructions and provided the information as required (since they need to run background checks on all the different names or name variations one has used in the past), you wouldn’t have had a need to even change your passport in the first place (if you prefer using the name variation listed there compared to what you have on your birth certificate).

Again, just stop using “that is a mistake that was not mine” as some form of explanation. Now to answer your question, failure to list the other name will not lead to an automatic denial (provided the name variant was not used in an attempt to game the system by submitting multiple entries). It however may lead to a slight delay in approval, as new background checks will need to be conducted with the new name variant you will be disclosing at your interview. And yes, attend your interview with both passports.

I completely understand your point of view.
Indeed I would have put the other name in the section "other names used".
But as indicated, since I thought it was normal and I was told that it was the same thing, I did not put other names.

Even if my case will take a long time to be approved, I would rather be approved with a delay than to be refused.

I did not play with multiple names to fool the system. This is also my first time playing the DV lottery.

As long as it's not a problem to be approved, I will be relieved.

Thank you for your answers.

Hello,

I will ask for the changements of informations for the new passport on the ds260 on the day of the interview.

Concerning the changes at the interview, I would like to modify other information on the ds260, like my current job, what I want to do in the USA, the last 5 visits to the USA and the address in the USA.

Is it possible to modify all this information on the spot during the interview without any problem, or is it better not to ask too much?

Thanks

If you have any inaccurate information on your DS260 form which you wish to correct, you inform them when you go in for your interview. They will let you know if it is possible to correct/modify the form or not.

If you have any inaccurate information on your DS260 form which you wish to correct, you inform them when you go in for your interview. They will let you know if it is possible to correct/modify the form or not.
Just another question about this. Do you think it is possible to contact my ambassy for them to change my informations before the interview ? Or not possible ? Thank you

The embassy will not change your information for you, this is something you'll need to do by yourself. You however can email to see if they will unlock the form or not in other for you to make the changes you wish to make.

Hlw everyone, I am a winner of DV 2023. The problem is I won with the passport that has wrong date of birth which is 24/10/1993 where as all my documents birth certificate and academic certificates has 24/10/1995. I filled the details from passport at original entry and ds 260 form. What should I do to have my visa approved? Please suggest