• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2021 Passport Requirements Guidance

Hi all
I have just submited my lottery info and I wrote my passport mount instead of day and vise versa, is it a big deal and what should i do? :(

Dear Mom,
For advance diploma in business management what selection do i tick on the question of the highest level of education achieved? and what is the difference btw high school no degree and high school with degree?

Dear Mom,
For advance diploma in business management what selection do i tick on the question of the highest level of education achieved? and what is the difference btw high school no degree and high school with degree?

1. High school Diploma.
2. High school completed (or started and not completed), with no diploma issued. High school completed, diploma issued.

Hi, am getting this error "site can not be reached" every time I submit my application. Internate is good but I get this error message .have tried many times at different times. How can I solve this.

Thanks.

Hello to everyone, I am from Ecuador, when I try to put my PASSPORT NUMBER at the field of the form, It does not work. My Passport Number has ten numbers but the form only admit nine numbers. Please, what can I do?
I believe your passport number is made up of certain format.Eg E1234567890.If an alphabet is a prefix,Drop the alphabet and put in only the numbers. When you get selected, then you explain to them during your interview.

Hey @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ plus @Britsimon

Now that I found this thread, let me ask something my cousin asked but I didn't know how to answer but she used that method and has been worried

She applied for DV2021 using a temporary passport which is a paper for travel across borders to our neighbouring countries
She applied for the ordinary passport but with the deadline approaching she hadn't received it. She decided to apply for a temporary passport and entered its passport numbers

Is this right and allowed?

Now that I found this thread, let me ask something my cousin asked but I didn't know how to answer but she used that method and has been worried

She applied for DV2021 using a temporary passport which is a paper for travel across borders to our neighbouring countries
She applied for the ordinary passport but with the deadline approaching she hadn't received it. She decided to apply for a temporary passport and entered its passport numbers

I have looked all over online for information about the situation and just came across one American blogger of Tanzanian descent who was advising people that the type of passport wasn't specified. So any passport even a temporary passport is usable as it can be used across borders.
I was of the opinion that it should be a passport that can be used for travel to the US

I have looked all over online for information about the situation and just came across one American blogger of Tanzanian descent who was advising people that the type of passport wasn't specified. So any passport even a temporary passport is usable as it can be used across borders.
I was of the opinion that it should be a passport that can be used for travel to the US

Last edited by a moderator:

I would discourage posting arbitrary YouTube videos. Many of them are wrong.

Please refer to the instructions on the DV lottery site as referenced in the first post. If she gets selected she can show that the temporary passport was an actual valid passport for travel, ideally she will still have it to bring to interview as well, but I hope she at least has a photocopy of it as instructed. I have no idea if the fact that there are travel restrictions (if I understand you correctly) on it will be a problem, as this is the first year of this condition there is no precedent to go by, but it is not a false, invalid etc number so at the least it should not be automatic disqualification.

I would discourage posting arbitrary YouTube videos. Many of them are wrong.

Please refer to the instructions on the DV lottery site as referenced in the first post. If she gets selected she can show that the temporary passport was an actual valid passport for travel, ideally she will still have it to bring to interview as well, but I hope she at least has a photocopy of it as instructed. I have no idea if the fact that there are travel restrictions (if I understand you correctly) on it will be a problem, as this is the first year of this condition there is no precedent to go by, but it is not a false, invalid etc number so at the least it should not be automatic disqualification.
Thanks @SusieQQQ
Let me clarify(restrictions), the temporary passport can only be used to travel within the East African countries.
It's printed on A4 paper and has a passport number, name, date of birth and expiry date, so she can carry this copy to the interview plus the ordinary passport when she finally receives it
Please Admin, kindly delete the YouTube link of the blog post. Apologies

As we all know Trump has included Tanzania, Sudan and Eritrea in his extended travel ban, what I want to know is, are they going to select people from these 3 nations? Or they'll select but can't proceed with application?

As we all know Trump has included Tanzania, Sudan and Eritrea in his extended travel ban, what I want to know is, are they going to select people from these 3 nations? Or they'll select but can't proceed with application?

They will still select them. Some will be able to proceed. Most won't.