• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2021 Asia selectees

OK so thought to share some of my interview experience here. It will probably be useful to some DV22 folks. My wife was the primary applicant and she did not have AL so she went with job experience. Be sure that your job category has 7<8 SVP in onet. As you all know SL embassy cancelled interviews midway through. I hope covid wont interfere in next few years but even if it does don't loose your hope. You can count on the embassy, they will start interviews. So we were called for the interview for the 2nd time as the 1st one got cancelled. Be there on time. After security screening we had to wait around 30mins in a room because the interview area was full. When we were finally called my wife was asked to submit all documents including any diplomas/degrees and employment letters that she may have. If you are going with work experience it is very important that you prepare all these in a professional manner. My wife had nearly 10 years of experience and a associate degree in IT. If all your documents are in order they will give you a piece of paper and ask you to write the day to day tasks that you do in your office. After you give it to the counter they ill ask you to wait till you are called for the interview. After we were called to the interview booth the CO greeted us and after taking oath and finger prints he asked few technical questions from my wife related to her job. Don't worry these are very simple questions. He also asked few basic questions from us like sponsors name his occupation etc. The interview took only about 6 or 7 minutes. After he was satisfied he gave us yellow piece of paper that said they will call to come collect the passports and possible visa issuance. Then he said good luck. All the embassy staff were very friendly including CO. The whole process took about an hour. Visas were approved after 4 days and after about 1 1/2 weeks we were asked to come collect our passports.

Last edited: