• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2020

tilenger83

my friend recently failed his DV2020 interview for not disclosing his 2year old daughter on his original application by mistake. is he barred from applying for DV again or does he still have a chance?

He can apply again but he needs to make sure he follows the rules correctly this time

does he have a chance for an appeal or inadmissible waiver, etc?

No, both the rules and the instructions for selectees are very clear that you will be disqualified if you leave a dependent off the entry, no appeal.
there is no need for an inadmissibility waiver, he has not been found inadmissible (That means banned from entering the US). He can apply again next year.

what's is the reason for disqualification though, if the error is not intentional...why wouldn't he get another chance to prove he's the father. like by submitting DNA result?

what's is the reason for disqualification though, if the error is not intentional...why wouldn't he get another chance to prove he's the father. like by submitting DNA result?
Your original post said he was disqualified for not adding her on his DV entry, so he was rightly disqualified. It doesnt matter if it was "intentional" or not to leave her off his application, the rules are VERY clear

Failure to list all children who are eligible or, listing someone who is not your child, will result in disqualification of the principal applicant and refusal of all visa applications in the case at the time of the visa interview.

You can find that information in the instruction sheet - https://travel.state.gov/content/da...ranslations/DV-2021- Instructions-English.pdf

The denial has nothing to do with his relationship with his daughter, so DNA has no role in the decision process. You already know why he was disqualified.

And I have to say I find it interesting you’re showing so much concern over this friend of yours’ situation by the way.