• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Hello everyone.

I made a request on WAEC's official website over two weeks ago and paid the related fee for them to send my SSCE Result Confirmation to the Consular Section of the US Embassy but to date, the online status still shows "THE REQUEST IS BEING REVIEWED".

Please does anyone know how to trace/follow WAEC Result Confirmation request to confirm the document has indeed been delivered to the embassy on my behalf?
Y didn't u apply for attestation of result so that u could have picked it in person??
Or yours is ssce not wassce because the attestation of result is attributed to those who completed wassce alone

Can anybody tell if the embassy at Accra (Ghana) demands the BECE certificate too...... I can't find mine, but I've the shs certificate

So does it mean have to do vaccinations before u can go for the interview

Yes, it's part of the Medical Report process. "It is your responsibility to schedule a medical exam at one of the clinics listed before your visa interview appointment at the U.S.Embassy. " A quote from an official document released by the US Embassy in Accra this month.

Click on the following link to view/download the full guidelines published by the US Embassy, Accra this month.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/ACC -Accra.pdf

Y didn't u apply for attestation of result so that u could have picked it in person??
Or yours is ssce not wassce because the attestation of result is attributed to those who completed wassce alone

SSCE. My issue has been resolved by WAEC already.

All my certificates and important documents are laminated...something I do to protect them. Has anyone read somewhere if someone had an issue with submitting laminated documents to the embassy for interview? So I know if there's a need to remove the protective covers prior the interview.

All my certificates and important documents are laminated...something I do to protect them. Has anyone read somewhere if someone had an issue with submitting laminated documents to the embassy for interview? So I know if there's a need to remove the protective covers prior the interview.

If it’s laminating the way I understand it, you’ll damage or make unreadable the documents if you try remove the covers.
I’m sure this has been mentioned before, do a search in last year’s thread?

If it’s laminating the way I understand it, you’ll damage or make unreadable the documents if you try remove the covers.
I’m sure this has been mentioned before, do a search in last year’s thread?

Thanks @SusieQQQ. I just searched previous threads and found an answer in the 2015 thread. A successful applicant went for the interview with all docs laminated but he says it didn't raise any issue at all.

The lamination I do for my docs is not the sticky type...the plastic doesn't stick to the paper doc. It's only the edges where the front and back plastic covers meet that are "melted"/sealed.

Thanks once again, I feel more relaxed about it now.

Hello Guys,
I have a little issue requiring some attention. My family status changed with the birth of my son, however, my interview is slated for Nov 20 and require both birth certificate and a passport to take him along to the interview. According to @Britsimon, I need both document but my son is so young (two week old) he barely opens his eyes after two straight visits to the passport office. I'm current stuck with an endorsed passport form which I cannot process further without his picture. How will this affect my case? AP, denial or would they have another document they could issues to cover my son without a passport?

Hello Guys,
I have a little issue requiring some attention. My family status changed with the birth of my son, however, my interview is slated for Nov 20 and require both birth certificate and a passport to take him along to the interview. According to @Britsimon, I need both document but my son is so young (two week old) he barely opens his eyes after two straight visits to the passport office. I'm current stuck with an endorsed passport form which I cannot process further without his picture. How will this affect my case? AP, denial or would they have another document they could issues to cover my son without a passport?

Your case will be delayed until you provide the photo. So - have the camera and a white sheet ready. When the baby is awake, stand above the baby on the white sheet and either wait for his eyes to open or attract his attention. Then take the photo. It can be done. They won't be too picky about the photo.

Your case will be delayed until you provide the photo. So - have the camera and a white sheet ready. When the baby is awake, stand above the baby on the white sheet and either wait for his eyes to open or attract his attention. Then take the photo. It can be done. They won't be too picky about the photo.
It doesn't work that way in Ghana, passport photo for the passport can only be taken by Ghana Immigration Service at the issuing office and they never accept pictures from outside their system. You go to the office and have them taken a picture for you themselves.

It doesn't work that way in Ghana, passport photo for the passport can only be taken by Ghana Immigration Service at the issuing office and they never accept pictures from outside their system. You go to the office and have them taken a picture for you themselves.

If they won’t accept your photo_Then I think the immigration Officer should come to your home and take the picture him/herself..... simple

Hmm I understand this problem. It's even hard to get a spot in the queue as the Accra passport office is really disorganized. The baby is probably not 'outdoored', taking the photo at home is not an option either, and your interview is close. I cant tell if the baby doesnt open eyes at all or just opens periodically? If it's the latter, you might be better off spending some hours in the photo section of the passport office after all.

An agent contacted me that I've won the dv lottery but only promised to give me the confirmation number only if I either agree to a sham marriage or pay a huge sum of money to him

Fortunately my browser recalls data so I was able to get access to the confirmation number and filled my ds260 forms behind his back.

I've been scheduled for an interview late December. My agent found out 2 days ago and have threatened to destroy the whole process by going to the embassy to contest my win if I don't pay the money by a set period.

I want to know if really he can do something to affect my case or its just an empty threat?

An agent contacted me that I've won the dv lottery but only promised to give me the confirmation number only if I either agree to a sham marriage or pay a huge sum of money to him

Fortunately my browser recalls data so I was able to get access to the confirmation number and filled my ds260 forms behind his back.

I've been scheduled for an interview late December. My agent found out 2 days ago and have threatened to destroy the whole process by going to the embassy to contest my win if I don't pay the money by a set period.

I want to know if really he can do something to affect my case or its just an empty threat?
I think he cannot do anything at this point because your case is scheduled already. Forget about that agent. He cannot do anything at the embassy. It is is just an empty threat.