• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2016 interview experience & 2NL

@EmilyW i actually booked the medical today for the 23/09 without receiving my 2NL. Here is what happened, I was on my way to work in the city and as I was walking out of Wynyard train station I saw the medical centre that does the exam so I thought I will step in and try my luck. We are a big family 2 adults and 3 kids, it's very hard to find an appointment for all of us at one time but I was lucky and booked my exam which is great..

London is the only center I am aware of that routinely books medicals without a 2NL. They are shameless about it too, there are people who didn't realise the medical expires that have actually had them expire before interview...

I wonder why Dalia's experience is different to what other OCers have described? Every other case other than London I have heard of, people have reported requiring the 2NL to book the medical. Because the main business of these doctors is often visa related, it's normally not an issue to find family bookings, it's not like each person has to have a completely separate exam slot/room as would be the case for 4 or 5 strangers.

Some doctors will book the medical without the 2NL - it might take a bit of persuasion though, and is not normally a good idea. We did have a Sydney applicant do exactly that - so there are ways around the 2NL prerequisite.

I guess they agreed to book it only because it's for 5 people and I knew that when I called a week ago, they said it's very hard to find a spot for 5 people in one day and that's what made me drop there in person and book my appointment rather than leaving it to the last minute. I went to the medical centre on the 20/8 and the first availability was 23/9 for 5 people so I guess that's why they agreed to book me in :)
If it's just for 2 or 3 people there is a big chance to book it quickly but more than that I strongly advice that you try to find a spot as soon as possible don't leave it to the last minute.

Hi all
What is the different between "Court and Prison Records" and "Police Records" in Egypt?
If my "Police Records" is clear should i make "Court and Prison Records"?

Hi all
What is the different between "Court and Prison Records" and "Police Records" in Egypt?
If my "Police Records" is clear should i make "Court and Prison Records"?
No you don't, figure prints police check is what they ask for in Egypt and if it's clear then you don't need anything else:)

It's definitely a curious departure. And, of course is, the date the medical is done is when the six months starts ticking....

It's definitely a curious departure. And, of course is, the date the medical is done is when the six months starts ticking....
Yes Emily, the clock starts ticking.. I guess its a good thing cause I just wanna go to see my family. If I get the visa I will organise everything and just go, I haven't seen my family in 4 years and I am just counting the days to be there:)

Dalia, a month will be enough for preparing documents or more than one month? I am waiting 2 NL so I haven't started yet.
I started preparing my docs as soon as I found out that I won. My advice start preparing your documents now, you will never know what might go wrong.. Be safe than sorry.
Where and when are you getting your interview??

Thanks for your advice. In Tashkent, Uzbekistan, but I don't know when the interview will be. I have received 2NL about the date of interview. Do you know when your interview is?

Thanks for your advice. In Tashkent, Uzbekistan, but I don't know when the interview will be. I have received 2NL about the date of interview. Do you know when your interview is?
When is your interview?? I didn't receive mine yet :(