• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv2015 apply questions

Xasser

Im applying to dv2015 and i got some questions ,

1- i was born in libya , but im from Egypt so im using chargbilty country Libya . But my birth certificat issued from egypt and stats in it that i was born in Libya. Will this be problem ?

2- i dont know my city of birth and it isnt avilable in any official document i had now , should i state birth city unknown ?

3- my wife born in Egypt , can i apply for her based on my country of birth Libya to increase our chances ?

Thanks for kind reply

1. Yes, you can claim Libya as long as the birth certificate says so.
2. Yes, you can choose 'unknown'.
3. Yes, she can choose your country for chargeability.

Dv 2015

Hey am new here and this is my first time applying for the GC now i went to the page https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ and followed the procedure however the form was tooo short and not as i expected but it said successful when i submitted. just to confirm is this the right site and is the form suppossed to be that short? kindly advice

Hey am new here and this is my first time applying for the GC now i went to the page https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ and followed the procedure however the form was tooo short and not as i expected but it said successful when i submitted. just to confirm is this the right site and is the form suppossed to be that short? kindly advice

Yes that is the right site and yes it is a very simple form.

Birth certificate has to be issued by official custodian of records of birth in the country of birth. Egyptian birth certificate stating you were born in Libya could cause problems. It might be better to obtain Libyan birth certificate, unless it is a very common situation in Egypt/Libya

1- i was born in libya , but im from Egypt so im using chargbilty country Libya . But my birth certificat issued from egypt and stats in it that i was born in Libya. Will this be problem ?

No problem at all. I'm an Egyptian born in Saudi and the Egyptian certificate worked just fine for my application.

2- i dont know my city of birth and it isnt avilable in any official document i had now , should i state birth city unknown ?

yes, choose unknown.

3- my wife born in Egypt , can i apply for her based on my country of birth Libya to increase our chances ?

Yes, she can. Just make sure that there is a real statistical advantage for doing so. I don't know if chances are better for people chargeable to Egypt or those to Libya. I chose to be chargeable to Egypt (parents' country) but never studied the numbers to see which has an advantage.

اتمني لك التوفيق يا عزيزى :)

Last edited by a moderator: