• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2014 Selectee / In USA Doing AOS / H1B Expiring Dec-2013 / Might get extended

dvlottery2014

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I am selected for DV2014 lottery and my case no. is 2014AF00008XXX. As per previous years bulletin, I expect my case to become current in Oct-Nov timeframe at which time I will initiate my AOS with Chicago USCIS.

I am currently on H1B which is expiring on 31-Dec-2013 but there are high chances it will be extended as my co. has more work for me here.

My question is: based on DV dates getting current for me (during Oct-Nov) and H1B expiring in Dec; there are HIGH chances that BOTH processes (AOS & H1B extension) will be going in parallel. Is there any issue with this? As far as I can get my H1B extended well before Dec-2013 and be in status, I dont see any issues with these two being parallely processed. What do you think?

There is no problem with both types of application being processed in parallel. The H and L visas are "dual intent" types meaning you can apply for an immigrant visa without affecting your non immigrant temporary visa. Just make sure you stay in status for long enough for the aos to complete - it can take 90 - 120 days...

There is a 2014 and 2013 aos threads whcih will give you a lot of valuable information about the process.

There is no problem with both types of application being processed in parallel. The H and L visas are "dual intent" types meaning you can apply for an immigrant visa without affecting your non immigrant temporary visa. Just make sure you stay in status for long enough for the aos to complete - it can take 90 - 120 days...

There is a 2014 and 2013 aos threads whcih will give you a lot of valuable information about the process.

Thank you britsimon