• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2014 >>> It's Open NOW !! WHY ??

No, I don't see it. Your link is to the Status Check page which mentions nothing of DV2014. And on the main DV page, it mentions the DV2014 as being open on October 2nd. Maybe there was a brief glitch just when you looked at that page? Glitches with their systems seem normal - just look at last year's mess!

PS: Site Owners: the Image Verification is a real pain in the ***! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked the site and its shows that the registration is open, photo validator etc.

Dear All,

I just noticed that on (https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/):-

Our State Department Web site for the 2014 Diversity Visa program (DV-2014) is now open.

and you can simply start the registration !!!

I'm I wrong ??

Regards
Hae to all ma learned friends, don waste yua time; check out this>>>http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html

DV 2014 Program-Online Registration

Online registration for the DV-2014 Program will begin on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and conclude on Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4). Instructions for the DV 2014 Program are not yet available, so please check back later.

A very bad thing happens.
Because you are not 100% sure whether the entry is going to be deleted or not,
- in case it is deleted, you would need to produce a new entry
- in case it is not deleted, the new entry will be considered a duplicate entry and all of them will be disqualified.

A very bad thing happens.
Because you are not 100% sure whether the entry is going to be deleted or not,
- in case it is deleted, you would need to produce a new entry
- in case it is not deleted, the new entry will be considered a duplicate entry and all of them will be disqualified.

++++1

form I-134

Kindly tell me what happens when you have no job offer from a US employer nor do you have a friend or a relative who can sign for you the Form I-134, but you have stable parents in your country of origin who aren't US residents??
Like for me, i have a stable online job that i make websites, write articles for blogs and earn from Google Adsense an average of $1,000 monthly. Can that be considered a stable source of income for the Visa purposes??

My other question is, when you are asked to provide for a postal address in the US where your greencard will be posted and you don't have one, what should you do.

Thanks in advance

Kindly tell me what happens when you have no job offer from a US employer nor do you have a friend or a relative who can sign for you the Form I-134, but you have stable parents in your country of origin who aren't US residents??
You don't need to submit an I-134 for a Diversity visa. The only forms you need to complete are DS-230 and DSP-122.

My other question is, when you are asked to provide for a postal address in the US where your greencard will be posted and you don't have one, what should you do.
You can write UNKOWN in that box as you will have an opportunity at your interview to provide one.

Like for me, i have a stable online job that i make websites, write articles for blogs and earn from Google Adsense an average of $1,000 monthly. Can that be considered a stable source of income for the Visa purposes??

Thanks in advance

For the DV, they want either a High School Diploma or 2 yrs experience out of the last 5 in an occupation that fits their criteria. Web Development doesn't meet that criteria. I hope you have a high school diploma at the very least. Not sure whether 'writing for blogs' meets their work experience criteria either. You may want to check that on their Department of Labor O*Net Online Database.

Hello,

On August 29, 2012, the E-DV registration portal was briefly activated as part of system testing for the upcoming DV-2014 Program. Any entries that may have been made during this brief period are not valid, as the registration period for DV-2014 has not yet begun. Online registration for the DV-2014 Program will begin on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and conclude on Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4). Instructions for the DV 2014 Program are not yet available, but will be posted at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...ypes_1318.html.

Privacy/PII
This email is UNCLASSIFIED.