• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2014 - Ethiopian selectees

Thanks Jonahyoyi. I just took a quick look at that data, and it seems the highest CN scheduled in Ethiopia is AF43418, then it all of a sudden ends, while other embassies still have interviews up to CN 56xxx scheduled. I think that may mean that we have maxed out (all Ethiopians will be done). This can be great for other African countries.

I'll try to do a breakdown by status if I have time.

It could also be that the embassy in Addis hasn't updated its data with CEAC...

I guess it could be, but I have a feeling it's pretty correct. Even looking at Ethiopian applicants on this forum where we've had pretty good distribution of numbers similar to the CEAC data (with a sprinkling of low CN, a bulge during April-May), everyone will be done by early July.

It is Amazing in July two person only have intervew, I see this in CEAC-6-03-2014 spreedsheet, wow it's Amazing.

Actually, after a second look I think Jonge is correct that the embassy has not yet updated the data. There are no Ethiopian CN between 45,600 (June cut-off) and 56,300 (July), yet we know for a fact there are two forumers with interviews on July 1. So the July CNs have not been added yet. Still, Ethiopia seems to be close to the finish line.

Jonhayoyi, where did you find that info? I am looking at the spreadsheet now and can't see it.

Actually, after a second look I think Jonge is correct that the embassy has not yet updated the data. There are no Ethiopian CN between 45,600 (June cut-off) and 56,300 (July), yet we know for a fact there are two forumers with interviews on July 1. So the July CNs have not been added yet. Still, Ethiopia seems to be close to the finish line.

Jonhayoyi, where did you find that info? I am looking at the spreadsheet now and can't see it.
Lokk at the dv lated usefull thread I posted the link there :)
Anyway like tew said I believe that ethiopia has maxed out and the biggest proof is that they are no more on special cutoff as we know !
Good luck to my ethiopians bthers that still has to go to interview ;)

Good afternoon Good friends!

Here is PART TWO of my interview….

Previously on my interview,

…..After all the document preparation we appeared for the interview we met the CO on May 14/2014. The CO asked only 1 question each to my wife and me. Then he recommended us to come back after the birth of our second child (As my wife was 9 month pregnant).

The 2 ½ weeks after the Interview.

On May 16 (After just under 48 hrs we met the CO) my wife delivered a beautiful baby girl. On 26th May I applied for birth certificate and finished same day. On the next day (27 May) we applied for her passport and it was issued 29th afternoon. On Friday 30 May we went to the embassy not knowing that our appointment was Mon-Thurs @1:00 pm.

The second interview

June 2nd 2014 we went and reached to the embassy exactly 1:10 pm. As usual we were given priority as we have kids along. We entered the compound after the normal security checking, there the receptionists were a little surprised that we came with a 17th day old child. They directed us to submit the newborn’s documents on window 4. I submitted 2 (5*5) photographs, bio data (DS-230 form), passport with copy, birth certificate with copy. She asked if we have done medical to the baby and I said no we didn’t. Then i was told to seat and wait for my name. After 3 minutes my name was called on window 10. I was expecting the former CO but surprised to appear to a young lady on window 10.

CO: Are you Mr. Ormania?

ME: Yes mom,

CO: Raise your hand and swear that all the information is true

ME: I swear it is true

CO: Please sign here (on my second child’s bio data)

CO: Can you pay for your family now? (wife and two children)

ME: Yes, but I have paid mine last time.

CO: Yes yes, for the rest of the family

ME: Ok

CO: But have you done medical for the newborn?

ME: (I felt like the biggest fool, how can I forget that?) No.

CO: Ok go, pay and come back

Me: (I went paid and came back)

CO: Mr. Ormania do you want me to issue the visa together after the newborn’s medical is done or issue your visa (My wife’s, firstborn’s and mine) now and the newborn’s latter?

ME: Issue ours, and the newborn’s latter

CO: Take this passport of the newborn, after the medical come along with it and the appointment letter.

ME: Thank you mom,

CO: This is sheet guide you how to pay for your green card on the USCIS website. You should pay before your departure, scan and send it to your sponsor to pay it for you.

ME: Ok mom,

CO: You have to register for DHL

ME: I already did

CO: Ok, good. Bye

ME: Thank you, bye.

After the interview

Today (June 3) we went to IOM for the newborn’s medical, thanks to my friend, we did all the process without any appointment and finished. By God’s grace I will go back to the embassy next Monday and give them my second child’s passport as per their request.

It is over now, God is great!

Thank you all my dear friends! Mercy, Hinicho, jonahyoyi, piugiu, sadat,relose29, Tew,sm1smom, britsimon, SusiQQQ, momo, s1mon, Family,aimanda……is just to mention some. Thank you all again. CHEERS!

Dear Ormania
Congrat, very much happy to hear that you have done it. My friend was also granted the Visa on the same date. It went well and easy for him. As per his description it was so easy for most of DV winners. He was also telling me about a person with new born baby. You must be the one .

Lokk at the dv lated usefull thread I posted the link there :)
Anyway like tew said I believe that ethiopia has maxed out and the biggest proof is that they are no more on special cutoff as we know !
Good luck to my ethiopians bthers that still has to go to interview ;)

Well I did look at the spreadsheet. I have downloaded it and sorted it. There's one number that's for July, AF 46,318. That's it. It seems weird there's just one number? Where's the second one? The next closest I've seen is AF44,962, which is a June number. I'm confused.

Anyway, I did a quick clean up of the data for the ADD consulate.

Summary:
Between Sept-March, 1386 CN were current. 951 were issued, 201 were refused, 62 are AP, 172 are stuck at ready.
In April, 279 CN were current, 189 issued, 29 refused, 15 AP, 46 ready.
In May, 420 CN current, 242 issued, 47 refused, 27 AP, 104 ready. Keep in mind some of the AP are those approved but not yet issued. I was interviewed on May 29, but my visa is under issued on June 2 in the spreadsheet. So those interviewed Friday 30 were probably still at AP when this data was extracted.

By end of May, 2085 CN had been current, 1382 issued, 277 refused, 104 AP, 322 stuck at ready.

In June, 287 CN current, and on Monday, 13 were interviewed and are all on AP (pending issuance for most, I presume), 1 was refused.

None of the figures above include derivatives.

I wonder why May is where the big bulge was, and I wonder if that's the case for all other regions.

Good afternoon Good friends!

Here is PART TWO of my interview….

Previously on my interview,

…..After all the document preparation we appeared for the interview we met the CO on May 14/2014. The CO asked only 1 question each to my wife and me. Then he recommended us to come back after the birth of our second child (As my wife was 9 month pregnant).

The 2 ½ weeks after the Interview.

On May 16 (After just under 48 hrs we met the CO) my wife delivered a beautiful baby girl. On 26th May I applied for birth certificate and finished same day. On the next day (27 May) we applied for her passport and it was issued 29th afternoon. On Friday 30 May we went to the embassy not knowing that our appointment was Mon-Thurs @1:00 pm.

The second interview

June 2nd 2014 we went and reached to the embassy exactly 1:10 pm. As usual we were given priority as we have kids along. We entered the compound after the normal security checking, there the receptionists were a little surprised that we came with a 17th day old child. They directed us to submit the newborn’s documents on window 4. I submitted 2 (5*5) photographs, bio data (DS-230 form), passport with copy, birth certificate with copy. She asked if we have done medical to the baby and I said no we didn’t. Then i was told to seat and wait for my name. After 3 minutes my name was called on window 10. I was expecting the former CO but surprised to appear to a young lady on window 10.

CO: Are you Mr. Ormania?

ME: Yes mom,

CO: Raise your hand and swear that all the information is true

ME: I swear it is true

CO: Please sign here (on my second child’s bio data)

CO: Can you pay for your family now? (wife and two children)

ME: Yes, but I have paid mine last time.

CO: Yes yes, for the rest of the family

ME: Ok

CO: But have you done medical for the newborn?

ME: (I felt like the biggest fool, how can I forget that?) No.

CO: Ok go, pay and come back

Me: (I went paid and came back)

CO: Mr. Ormania do you want me to issue the visa together after the newborn’s medical is done or issue your visa (My wife’s, firstborn’s and mine) now and the newborn’s latter?

ME: Issue ours, and the newborn’s latter

CO: Take this passport of the newborn, after the medical come along with it and the appointment letter.

ME: Thank you mom,

CO: This is sheet guide you how to pay for your green card on the USCIS website. You should pay before your departure, scan and send it to your sponsor to pay it for you.

ME: Ok mom,

CO: You have to register for DHL

ME: I already did

CO: Ok, good. Bye

ME: Thank you, bye.

After the interview

Today (June 3) we went to IOM for the newborn’s medical, thanks to my friend, we did all the process without any appointment and finished. By God’s grace I will go back to the embassy next Monday and give them my second child’s passport as per their request.

It is over now, God is great!

Thank you all my dear friends! Mercy, Hinicho, jonahyoyi, piugiu, sadat,relose29, Tew,sm1smom, britsimon, SusiQQQ, momo, s1mon, Family,aimanda……is just to mention some. Thank you all again. CHEERS!
Congrats Ormaina first for the mew baby girl and sec for the visa aprova may gode save your family have a blessed live in USA

Well I did look at the spreadsheet. I have downloaded it and sorted it. There's one number that's for July, AF 46,318. That's it. It seems weird there's just one number? Where's the second one? The next closest I've seen is AF44,962, which is a June number. I'm confused.

Anyway, I did a quick clean up of the data for the ADD consulate.

Summary:
Between Sept-March, 1386 CN were current. 951 were issued, 201 were refused, 62 are AP, 172 are stuck at ready.
In April, 279 CN were current, 189 issued, 29 refused, 15 AP, 46 ready.
In May, 420 CN current, 242 issued, 47 refused, 27 AP, 104 ready. Keep in mind some of the AP are those approved but not yet issued. I was interviewed on May 29, but my visa is under issued on June 2 in the spreadsheet. So those interviewed Friday 30 were probably still at AP when this data was extracted.

By end of May, 2085 CN had been current, 1382 issued, 277 refused, 104 AP, 322 stuck at ready.

In June, 287 CN current, and on Monday, 13 were interviewed and are all on AP (pending issuance for most, I presume), 1 was refused.

None of the figures above include derivatives.

I wonder why May is where the big bulge was, and I wonder if that's the case for all other regions.

The figures in that spreadsheet include derivatives. I still think that the data is not up to date. However if you say yours was updated then it is possible that this data is pretty up-to-date for Addis Embassy.

Dear friends, hope all is well wz you & your family.

For those of you relocating soon from Addis, Qatar Airways has a special offer for the period July till December wz a blackout from 24 July till 7 September. It is very attractive but ticket has to be purchased from now till 15 June. Pls check it out on http://www.qatarairways/global/en/homepage/page/ and select Book a flight and feed your departure point and destination point then will give u the available price. If your destination in the US is where Qatar flies you can get very good deal.

Good luck all.

Relose and Johanjoy, pray you get your visa before September.

Congratulations Ormania!
Wow, your new baby will only ever have memories of growing up in the US....

Where are you headed?
Dear SusieQQQ, thank you very much. yeah the little one will have that experience i think. We are heading to Denver Colorado.

Congrats Ormania....surely God has done it for you....you see there was nothing to worry about after the first interview...You had gotten it the first round!!!! Wishing you and the family all the best as you go back for your childs visa, as well as the reolocation process to the land of milk and honey!!!
Thank you very much uta! yea you told me so :). Cheers!

Dear Ormania
Congrat, very much happy to hear that you have done it. My friend was also granted the Visa on the same date. It went well and easy for him. As per his description it was so easy for most of DV winners. He was also telling me about a person with new born baby. You must be the one .
Hello dear ofegi! long time no see. Congrats to the success story of your friend. He might have seen me, coz we were the only with newborn baby that day. I have met one guy in the cashier place who is graduated from Dire Dawa University, i just asked if he is DV case and wished him good luck, a young guy looks like from wollo area.

Thank you.

Dear SusieQQQ, thank you very much. yeah the little one will have that experience i think. We are heading to Denver Colorado.

We were in Denver in January. It is colder (in winter) than anything you can imagine :D but everything is set up for the cold. The people there are really friendly and nice. Good luck with the move!

Hi Guys,
Congra and good luck to all who got the visa and to those waiting to get one!!
I've checked the CEAC spreadsheet and I found it to be up-to-date. The reason you don't see my CN (51XXX) is that because, I 'm not doing my interview in Addis Ababa. It seems Ethiopia's CN has maxed out which means more jump for AF region in August. Good Luck to all Af brothers waiting.

Last edited:
When it comes to flights, also check Turkish and Saudi Arabian Airlines. They tend to have the cheapest fares. I flew on Turkish on my way back from NY last year and it was a good airline. If you've flown on Ethiopian Airlines before, you can use your Shebamiles to buy Turkish Airlines tickets as well since they're both in Star Alliance.

I've never been on Saudi Arabian Airlines so I can't say anything about them. I did check their schedules a few years ago, and I found out that I had to have a 12 hr transit in the airport, and as a woman, I had to wear the Islamic dress. I obviously didn't want to do that so I ended up taking KLM.

Dear Tew you thanks for the ticket info.

You are right Saudi Arabian Airline has the cheapest flight from Addis to DC but with 29hrs duration. Ethiopian is the shortest with 17 hrs but a bit expensive.

Hi all,
For online ticket info and purchase check this site : http://www.trabber.it/
It gives u an idea about the costs from range of airlines.
Cheers,

P.S.
In case if the translation helps.....
Partenza (Departure)
Destinazione (Destination)
Andata (outward date)
Ritorno (Return date)

Last edited: