• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2010 winner - Apply for DV2011

Hi all. I am the DV2010 winner. My wife is my accompany but not a winner. Is there any harm for my case if she enters application for DV2011?

Both, you and your wife can participate in the DV2011 and there is no harm for your case.

Hey you guys my case number is 2010EU00005XXX;
born in europe but i come from east africa. when i was young i used to hear people back home saying that in case of visa denial they stamp something on your passport so that you don't apply the coming years for an immigrant visa.
urban legend????????????????????

Hey you guys my case number is 2010EU00005XXX;
born in europe but i come from east africa. when i was young i used to hear people back home saying that in case of visa denial they stamp something on your passport so that you don't apply the coming years for an immigrant visa.
urban legend????????????????????

I don't know any one that has ever been denied, so maybe they stamp your passport or not, I can't tell you, but for sure it will be in the USCIS computer system and maybe your countries embassy computer as well...so if your question would be to konw if you will have a chance to obtain a DV lottery visa/GC....I would say it depends why the person has been denied.

If a person has been denied due to overstay of their visa there is a time frame for which you aren't allowed into the country, when that time frame has passed you can apply again, but they will know what you previous have done.
If you were denied due to a conviction or lying to authorities...I guess your chances are slim to none!

Hi All,

I am also going to throw my concern. My CN AS28XXX. I know this is quite high CN but I was reading through this blog and it seemed everyone from Asia who got selected got visa. Like for DV 2009, I think even a person with AS30000 got successful AOS done. So the question is: What are odds and possibilities you guys speculate whether we will be getting visa this year? BTW, I am doing AOS. Because if the CN is too high and if chances are slim then I may to apply for DV 2011. Just wanted to get educated predictions...:confused:

Hi All,

I am also going to throw my concern. My CN AS28XXX. I know this is quite high CN but I was reading through this blog and it seemed everyone from Asia who got selected got visa. Like for DV 2009, I think even a person with AS30000 got successful AOS done. So the question is: What are odds and possibilities you guys speculate whether we will be getting visa this year? BTW, I am doing AOS. Because if the CN is too high and if chances are slim then I may to apply for DV 2011. Just wanted to get educated predictions...:confused:

Nobody has a chrystal bowl, so predictions are hard to make, but I can tell you with the economy is what it is in the US right now and unemployment in Fl. now in our area up to 12% and foreclosures rising, the economy is not very good. That means that many people are looking for a job right now.

People who try to get a job while being abroad, might run into a difficult issue with many competitors on the market.

The way the economy is and the way people can get fired over here and not having the security that some other countries have (like Europe) might scare people off to give up a study job and start over here with no security what so ever....that could mean less people will go foward in the visa process than before when the unemployment was half or less....

To me the chances (if your papers are looking good) are very good this year for every one who has a number that became current in previous years....based on what I stated before. The other thing is that USCIS might check more if people have a chance to obtain a job with their educational level (which only has to be HS, to be eligible) if they have the funding/sponsor/savings....

From what I read on this forum, some people who had their interview were asked about their sponsor form...money could be a key if you haven't got a job yet...which is totally allowed to be asked by USCIS since it is in the lottery rules.
People who come over here won't be able to obtain a loan since they don't have a credit history and banks are hardly lending anyway....

I know some disagree with me about the funding issue, but from what I heard from immigration lawyers...it does matter, more than before!

It's all about COMMON SESNSE

I don't think it will affect anyone. 100.000 people are extracted and from those 50.000 will get the visa. If a DV2010 winner is selected again(very unlikely), and he already got his visa, he will not be scheduled for an interview, but someone from those extra 50.000 will be selected.
You can not blame a 2010 winner for applying again if his number is high. You do not have a guarantee that you make it to the interview and your dream might not come true, and if you do not apply you lose a year.

Marioana, you are just tooooooo right about your response to this issue. It is simply well known to most of us that selection does not guarantee visa issuance.

In the very first instance, KCC selected about 100,000 winners. They know that different circumstances will certainly prevent some people from pursuing their applications to conclusion, therefore, despite the fact that they wanted to issue visas to 50,000 people only, they sent letters to 100,000 people. Is that not common sense?

Certainly among the 100,000 people selected many will have very high case numbers. Some numbers are so high that they never get current since the inception of visa lottery going by the history of the visa bulletin. So if winners with high case numbers and others with varying disturbing circumstances re-apply is simply an application of common sense. KCC need not tell anyone to reapply or not, you have your brain in your head, so use it.

In 2005, a Nigerian applied and due to high case number he was not called up for interview. He re-applied and was just tooooooooo lucky to win again and this time with a low case number, and right now he is in the United States. What will you say to that ? It's all about COMMON SENSE.

help..
Hello There,
i am a dv lottery winner for the program 2010
i check my visa bulletin from travel.state.gov but i can't understand the schedules located there.
I not received the 2nd letter form KCC in Egypt until now ..?
I'm born in Saudi Arabia ….But I Egyptian
my CN: under 2010AS00027xxx

thank you in advance for your assistance