• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv2010 Bangladeshi here

Hii I am a winner of dv2010 from Bangladesh, my case no:2010AS00011***. I've already sent my 1st letter to kcc and they confirmed receiving that 30 june. Now I am waiting for the 2nd letter. Can anyone tell me how much time it usually take to get the 2nd letter after kcc receiving the first one?... thanks :)

hi arifeen,
See u will get ur 2nd letter before 1 month(4 to 6 weeks) of ur interview date.

I've a question for u............

How did kcc confirmed receiving ur letter? U got E-mail from them or ur courier
confirmed the delivery to kcc?

All the best.cheers.

hi arifeen,
See u will get ur 2nd letter before 1 month(4 to 6 weeks) of ur interview date.

I've a question for u............

How did kcc confirmed receiving ur letter? U got E-mail from them or ur courier
confirmed the delivery to kcc?

All the best.cheers.

thanx buddy... yup! I mailed the letter by fedex and they notify me by sending an email that has a copy of the delivery confirmation paper along with the receivers signature on it.

Dear Metroloy,
As you know I am Dv2010 winner from Bangladesh. Before applying for DV I was trying to go abroad from previous few years. Thats why I collected all of my papers in english version ( e.g. academic certificates, marriage certificate, nikahnama, birth certificate, citizenship certificate) before 2009. Do I need all this english papers to a notary public? Whats are the translation do I need now?

hi If u r in US already & if u want to do AOS Then only U have to do that.If u r in BD and willing to do cp in US embassy Dhaka then u have to submit that at the time of interview .

All the best . cheers.

thanks a lot for the info, i am no way in USA now.

the best thing of this forum is that, you always get the right solution of ur problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Metroloy,
As you know I am Dv2010 winner from Bangladesh. Before applying for DV I was trying to go abroad from previous few years. Thats why I collected all of my papers in english version ( e.g. academic certificates, marriage certificate, nikahnama, birth certificate, citizenship certificate) before 2009. Do I need all this english papers to a notary public? Whats are the translation do I need now?

Hi Torikul,

1.U don't need translation for academic certificates,
SSC+HSC registration cards. Embassy 'll ask for only the original of those.

2. Now u can get ur birth cert in English from the pourashava.
so u can keep them as it is.

3. Most probably they don't ask for nikahnama.

4. U'll get a precise idea about what & how u have to do things in Ur 2nd NL(In case they come up with some new ideas this year).
So for the time being u can stay cool & just chill.

Ne way as u got ur papers translated that's good for u. Just make sure ur translations are standard enough to face US Embassy, That's all.

Thanks & cheers. All the best . Keep in touch.

I mailed the letter by fedex and they notify me by sending an email that has a copy of the delivery confirmation paper along with the receivers signature on it.

That's great. SO how much that cost u ?

I think I made a mistake I've used EMS of the GPO(Govt.)

Whenever I check it in their website it gives me a massage
"Dispatched to USA"

for the last 40 days.
I don't know what to do. Holly govt post office shit.

Hi how many people from BD got 1st NL who r students or just finished their studies or searching for jobs or yet to get into any profession please list here.Lets see how much we can help one another.

Thanks and cheers.

how many people from BD got 1st NL who r students or just finished their studies or searching for jobs or yet to get into any profession please list here.Lets see how much we can help one another.

I am one, almost finish study, haven't started searching job yet.

Hi all. Visa bulletin August 2009 has been published. But I cant analyse that. From Bangladesh it has selected 6001 applicants for DV2010. Can anyone guess that how many participants will get visa for DV 2010 from Bangladesh?

Any one have idea about how many people got 1st NL in Bangladesh till today?

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4539.html

according to this bulletin 6001 people from bangladesh have won DV2010

this bulletin also says "Once the total 50,000 visa numbers have been used,
the program for fiscal year 2010 will end."
this is a problem for bangladeshi people as it requires more than one month for the NLs to reach here. people in europe or other places gets one month ahead starting.

NL dated :11 may, 2009
NL received : 8 june, 2009
case no. : 2010AS00008xxx
Forms sent to KCC : 18 june, 2009
Forms received by KCC: 22 june, 2009 (fedex tracking)

Hi all. Visa bulletin August 2009 has been published. But I cant analyse that. From Bangladesh it has selected 6001 applicants for DV2010. Can anyone guess that how many participants will get visa for DV 2010 from Bangladesh?

That depends upon their case no. u cant really predict.But strange thing we have only 7/8 people in this forum out of 6001.

That's great. SO how much that cost u ?

I think I made a mistake I've used EMS of the GPO(Govt.)

Whenever I check it in their website it gives me a massage
"Dispatched to USA"

for the last 40 days.
I don't know what to do. Holly govt post office shit.

They charged BDT 1,980tk for priority envelop service which guarantee the delivery within 72hrs approximate.

don't worry bro...nothing wrong with it, lots of people have send their mail through EMS,definitely your mail has delivered. :)

2nd letter from KCC

Did any one from Bangladesh receive the 2nd letter from KCC? Metoroly you are suppose to recevie by early Aug-09 since your Interview will be in Oct-09. Is your case number less than 300. my one is 2XX but my wife's one is 7xxx.

Did any one from Bangladesh receive the 2nd letter from KCC? Metoroly you are suppose to recevie by early Aug-09 since your Interview will be in Oct-09. Is your case number less than 300. my one is 2XX but my wife's one is 7xxx.

dude, nothing till now. yap my case#2xx.today I send a mail to kcc about that.Waitng for their answer.all the best.

Hi my birth place is barisal. bt my family left barisal when my age was 2 or 3. in my passport my birth place is barisal. Last year when the Govt made birth cert compulsory I got my birth cert from my current residence and there my birth place is mentioned Barisal. Now my question is: is This birth certificate is ok or I have to get my birth cert from barisal itself ?

Friends if u have any idea about this kindly give me some feedback please.
Thanks& cheers.

Hi metroloy, Your birth certificate is correct. As the birth registration rules you can registry your birth in any register's office all over bangladesh where you currently living. But you have to mention your original birth place. In birth certificate you can see that it has birth place and permanent address. These two can be different or same. Thats not a matter to worry. Wish you best of luck.

Hi metroloy, Your birth certificate is correct. As the birth registration rules you can registry your birth in any register's office all over bangladesh where you currently living. But you have to mention your original birth place. In birth certificate you can see that it has birth place and permanent address. These two can be different or same. Thats not a matter to worry. Wish you best of luck.

Many many thanks friend. R u sure about the information u provided? if so then its a great relief for me. Else I'll have to run for another birth cert.

And another thing is birth registration rules u r talking about do the US embassy follow the same or they have any other issue? Do u know any particular case like me that has got DV visa?

Thanks again for ur information buddy.
All the best.

Metroloy,
Sorry friend I dont know anyone who got DV with such kind of birth certificate or I dont have any idea that USA consulate office accept it or not. But I am telling according to the birth registration rules of Bangladesh. I have a rules book. If you want then I can mail you the pages you need of that book. Please tell me your mailing address or email thats why I can send you the pages of the birth registration book. Hope that will help you.

Metroloy,
Please tell me your mailing address or email thats why I can send you the pages of the birth registration book. Hope that will help you.

That will be a great help friend.Here is my e-mai: metroloy@rediffmail.com,
Thanks&cheers.