• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2010 - AOS Only

Yaku

Registered Users (C)
As they did before, I'm initiating a new thread for 2010 winners who are ADJUSTING STATUS ONLY.

I'm just arriving to this forum and after some hours reading I think the most useful thread have been the 2009 AOS, and for his creator was the 2008 forum and so on... so why not to keep the tradition?

Good luck for everyone..!!!

Opss..... didn't see it

Sorry ProudT, didn't see that this thread was already created.

Will continue the discussion @ the your old thread.

hi i've got the NL of DV 2010 But got confused about few things . plz help me out solving these......

1.I'm single and received the white envelope on my name and I'm not residing in the USA.
so should I feel up only form DS -230 part1& 2 or both DS-230 and DSP-122?

2.I'm single and got the letter on my name so I've to feel-up a single copy of the forms (i e: only for me) or every members of my family(i e: 1 copy each for my mother,father & brother)?

3. Should I feel-up the forms by hand writing or I have to print the answers of each questions and then only put the signature by my hand?

4.should I send only my photo or each member of my family?

Please help me out brothers coz I've very little idea about the forms & English .And I'm staying in some part of the earth where I'll have none to help me. so please help.please write to :

metroloy@yahoo.com

hi i've got the NL of DV 2010 But got confused about few things . plz help me out solving these......

1.I'm single and received the white envelope on my name and I'm not residing in the USA.
so should I feel up only form DS -230 part1& 2 or both DS-230 and DSP-122?

2.I'm single and got the letter on my name so I've to feel-up a single copy of the forms (i e: only for me) or every members of my family(i e: 1 copy each for my mother,father & brother)?

3. Should I feel-up the forms by hand writing or I have to print the answers of each questions and then only put the signature by my hand?

4.should I send only my photo or each member of my family?

Please help me out brothers coz I've very little idea about the forms & English .And I'm staying in some part of the earth where I'll have none to help me. so please help.please write to :

metroloy@yahoo.com

From which region and where did you receive NL ?

congratulations:
your immediate family: your wife, and children only
Since you are single, the DV will only apply to you- the principle applicant unless you have children.
make extra copies of the form, fill one out in pencil, when you have correctly fill out all the information in pencil, trnasfer it in black ink on another copy of the forms, so now you will have your final application to send into KCC. Include a phot of yourself only.

fill out all forms and follow the instructions closelyy, you have nothing to loose if you do that.

ok, i thought this was the original 2010- AOS only created by jlaw.
oops! bye bye--u just confused me, there is a 2010 aos only thread already. I should just go there now.........

bye come join us

If anyone will do AOS please have a look at the following paper:

on page 2, number 5 of this url (please copy and paste it to you browser)

docstoc.com/docs/1067553/SEPTEMBER-25-2007-USCIS-AILA-LIAISON-COMMITTEE-AGENDA

Shortly , USCIS tells that you can send your AOS package 2 months prior your case number becomes current. For example; if your case number is 15000 , and in the current bulletin which will be released in April 15, 2010 (which is called MAY bulletin) the ADVANCE cut-off number is given 15001, you can send your AOS package on MAY 1, 2010.

Already received NL from KCC. My CN is 2010EU00012xxx. But i have a problem. A friend made the application for me and instead of putting my legal name she wrote the name everybody calls me but which is not in my legal docs. What can i do now? Do i send an email to KCC explaining my situation. Will they dismiss my case? Is this other name my Alias name- which i can write down when filling DS 230?

I'm in a terrible state of mind. Can somebody advise and share any similar experience.

Thanks

I got my 1st letter for dv 2010 and my CN is AS259** . I am going for AOS. and i have also paid the $375 fee to department of state. And I have hired the lawer for the case, however , now i am feeling confused about this matter while reading the post in this form because my lawyer wants me to fill all the form and do the medical and mail the AOS package now. What she tells me is that that way its gonna be on queue and i will have better change to get my EAD card and travel document. How ever i learned that I cannot mail them all document till my case is current otherwise its gonna be send back. Looking at the case number and the visa bulletin for last yr, it seems like my number might get current by may. So can you guys suggest me what should I do. Go with my lawyer or do something else.
Suggestions will be highly appretiated.

If your lawyer wants you to send it so early you could go by your lawyer or just don't use your lawyer....

It doesn't make sense to pay a lawyer if you don't want to go by their advise...and I have no clue if your lawyer has handled more DV cases or not.

If you sent it in right now you risk to get it rejected or not...you won't know until you have sent it in...the only risk you have is that you will get it back and have to sent it again...which isn't that bad since you have plenty of time. If you are facing the deadline you don't want to risk getting it back and get your case delayed...which isn't the case with you.

If you have a difficult case you need a lawyer, you also need one if you aren't feeling comfortable doing everything by your self...if you have time to read this great forum and get educated on this forum, and use common sense you might be able to do it on your own and save a lot of money...my friend was told that the lawyer would charge her $ 1750.- to do the DV case after winning. I advised her that she could start by her self and I would help her since her lawyer had her filling out everything (just as you stated, but her would have his secretary type everything on the forms that would be sent in), have her (of course) make sure that all papers needed are presented to him and he would than sent the enveloppe...since she has all papers available and nothing looks like her case is difficult she decided to try to do it on her own with my help and so far no difficulties...only she forgot to fill out one box and Chicago send her package back stating what was missing and it was send back again...now she got her biometrics appointment and even rescheduled without any issues just a short delay...

If needed she can hire a lawyer if something pops up...:)

I hope my explanation is of some help:)

I got my 1st letter for dv 2010 and my CN is AS259** . I am going for AOS. and i have also paid the $375 fee to department of state. And I have hired the lawer for the case, however , now i am feeling confused about this matter while reading the post in this form because my lawyer wants me to fill all the form and do the medical and mail the AOS package now. What she tells me is that that way its gonna be on queue and i will have better change to get my EAD card and travel document. How ever i learned that I cannot mail them all document till my case is current otherwise its gonna be send back. Looking at the case number and the visa bulletin for last yr, it seems like my number might get current by may. So can you guys suggest me what should I do. Go with my lawyer or do something else.
Suggestions will be highly appretiated.

My best advice for you is to wait till the number become available in the visa bulletin (most likely in early April or May, i.e # will be current in June or July)

If you decide to file early you may face the following scenarios;

(a) Chicago will return the packet right away with instructions to file later.
(b) (i) Chicago will accept, issue receipt and cash your check.
(ii) MSC will later reject for early filing and you will have to pay and refile.
(iii) MSC will process your EAD and AP and later when number become current will send it promptly to the local office.
Next....
(c) Sooner or later after your number become current Local office will send rejection letter for early filing, you will have to pay and refile.
(d) You will promptly get interview letter after the number is current, have a smooth interview get approved and later receive approval notice and GC (Best case scenario, this has happened before to DV ppl who filed early)
(e) (i) You will get to go for the interview sooner or later, officer will be doubtful at the interview, but you will get approval notice after sometime.
(ii) You will get rejection notice sometime after interview for early filing reason, but you will have time to refile or change to CP.
(iii) Officer will take his own looooong time to make a decision and send rejection closer to Sept. 30th jeopardizing your chances of refiling or change to CP. ( This is the Worst case scenario !!)

Know your odds and make a decision.

Good Luck !