• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2009 - Changing from AOS to Consular Processing

ckkhoo

Registered Users (C)
HELP! : DV2009 - Changing from AOS to Consular Processing

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. However it has been very informative to me. After reading all the threads and the Visa Bulletin only posted first 2900 candidate for the month of Oct in Asia, now I'm really concern that using AOS is not a good option if one has really high Case Number. FYI, both my sister and I got picked for DV2009. This is amazing and what's the odd of that! :)

me CN: AS28+++
my sis CN: AS13+++

My question now is whether is it possible for me to switch to Consular Processing? If yes, how should I do it? I sent an email to KCC but never got a reply. Bummer... Your reply will be very helpful to me. Thanks in advance.

-CK

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can change from AoS to CP. I did it couple months ago. I called KCC and they told me to send a new DSP-122 form.

All I did was filled out the new DSP-122 form and sent it to KCC. I include a cover letter to explain the changes that I made.

I agree with Gerindo.

I also changed from AOS to CP in july and was asked to fill out another DSP-122.

aadepetun
CN# 2009AF000005XX

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. However it has been very informative to me. After reading all the threads and the Visa Bulletin only posted first 2900 candidate for the month of Oct in Asia, now I'm really concern that using AOS is not a good option if one has really high Case Number. FYI, both my sister and I got picked for DV2009. This is amazing and what's the odd of that! :)

me CN: AS28+++
my sis CN: AS13+++

My question now is whether is it possible for me to switch to Consular Processing? If yes, how should I do it? I sent an email to KCC but never got a reply. Bummer... Your reply will be very helpful to me. Thanks in advance.

-CK

There really is no need to do anything just yet. Why don't you just chill out for now see what happens in the next couple of months. You are not loosing anything. Many mistakes are bourn of haste.

I did it also.

Initially said I'd go for AOS, then changed my mind.

Called and told them my intentions. They told me to send an email with my request.

I called back about a month later and they confirmed I was going through CP.

Yes, you can change from AoS to CP. I did it couple months ago. I called KCC and they told me to send a new DSP-122 form.

All I did was filled out the new DSP-122 form and sent it to KCC. I include a cover letter to explain the changes that I made.

Could you pls send me your copy of the coverletter at ckkhoo98@hotmail.com? Thank you very much.

Could you pls send me your copy of the coverletter at ckkhoo98@hotmail.com? Thank you very much.

Here is the content of the cover letter that I sent:

To: The Kentucky Consular Center

I submitted my DS-230 and DSP-122 forms couple of weeks ago. Recently I decided to change the interview place from USCIS to the U.S. Embassy in my home country.

With this letter, I attached my new DSP-122 form that contains the new change from the previous DSP-122 form that I submitted couple of weeks ago.

The change is:

No 4: Name of United States Consular Office Where would like to process your application: From “USCIS” to “U.S Embassy in Jakarta – Indonesia”

Please note the change and update the DSP-122 in my record. Thank you

Here is the content of the cover letter that I sent:

To: The Kentucky Consular Center

I submitted my DS-230 and DSP-122 forms couple of weeks ago. Recently I decided to change the interview place from USCIS to the U.S. Embassy in my home country.

With this letter, I attached my new DSP-122 form that contains the new change from the previous DSP-122 form that I submitted couple of weeks ago.

The change is:

No 4: Name of United States Consular Office Where would like to process your application: From “USCIS” to “U.S Embassy in Jakarta – Indonesia”

Please note the change and update the DSP-122 in my record. Thank you

Great! Thanks alot. I'm from Malaysia.

Great! Thanks alot. I'm from Malaysia.

You're welcome and Good luck with the DV Process. I wish I can say it in Malay..Umm.. Selamat Maju? I don't know if I say it right. :p
Indonesian and Malay language are very similar but everytime I hear someone speak Malay, it sounds strange to me eventhough I can understand what it means. :D

LOL... I definitely know what you are talking about. I can't help you, my malay sucks big time... :p

Guys,

This is the reply that I got from KCC. "If you are not currently living in the US or not eligible to apply for the adjustment of status, you must submit a written request stating that you want to process at the embassy." Looking at this, should I include a reason on the written request? If yes, what should I say?

Thank you for your inquiry.

According to the documentation provided to KCC, the principal applicant for the above case has elected to adjust status in the US. Adjusting Status in the US requires the applicant whom is already living legally in the US to complete the processing of the DV program with US CIS as per the applicant’s request and eligibility. If you are not currently living in the US or not eligible to apply for the adjustment of status, you must submit a written request stating that you want to process at the embassy. Please include the following with your request:
*Photograph
*Signature
*Date of birth
If your case number becomes available for processing, KCC will send you a notification letter in the mail.

KCC/ny
Public Inquiry
SI International/Kentucky Consular Center
Williamsburg, Kentucky
(606) 526-7500
KCCDV@state.gov

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 9:27 PM
To: KCC DV
Subject: DV2009-Change Adjustment of Status to Consular Processing

Hi,

I'm the DV2009 winner. I've have send out the Notification Letters and a got reply from KCC. However, looking at my high case number, it is wiser to have my interview in my country. Is it possible for me to change from Adjustment of Status to Consular Processing? If yes how can I make it happen? Thanks.

Sincerely, CK Kho

This is the reply that I got from KCC. "If you are not currently living in the US or not eligible to apply for the adjustment of status, you must submit a written request stating that you want to process at the embassy."
That is a new DSP-122 with your signature that is the written request required.
Looking at this, should I include a reason on the written request?
Nope. Just your wish is required, even with no reason at all is OK.

One of the reason I hate the e-mail inquiry from KCC is that the message sometimes can be a bit confusing. I guess it depends on the operator who is replying the e-mail.

When I wanted to change from AOS to CP couple of months ago, I called KCC instead of e-mailing them. I got a great response. Simple and to the point. The lady that I talked to said that all I need to do is to send a new DSP-122 form.

Then, a month later, I called KCC again to confirm if the new DSP-122 form has been recieved. The lady told me that they haven't update my record and it should take 4-6 weeks to make any changes to my record. She said to call back again in 4 weeks and if it still hasn't been updated, she recomended me to fax the form. She also added that you can change from AOS to CP anytime.

Two weeks ago, I tried sending e-mail to KCC and ask them if they recieved the form and updated my file, and here is what they said:

Thank you for your inquiry.

The information you provided will be included in your case file.

KCC/slm
KCCDV@state.gov
(606) 526-7500

-----Original Message-----
To: KCC DV
Subject: Change from AoS to CP

Name:
Case Number:
Date of Birth:

To Kentucky Consular Center,

About 3 months ago, I sent a new DSP-122 form that contained an updated
information about my intention to switch from Adjustment of Status to
Consular Processing.

I was wondering if the form has been sucsessfuly recieved and my
information updated from Adjsutment of Status to Consular Processing at
the U.S Embassy in Jakarta-Indonesia.

Thank you very much for your help.

I personally don't like how they answer the e-mail. Eventhough it seems that they got my message, it doesn't completely answered my e-mail. I prefer a simple "Yes, your new DSP-122 form has been recieved and your info has been updated." Then again..they must recieved hundreds or even thousands of e-mails every day, and I guess they have these e-mail answering templates where they can just cut and paste the answer and send it for faster response (Lol, i used to work as a tech support).