• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv2008 age-out

navid

Registered Users (C)
Hello

MY father won dv2008.Due to our case number which is as14xx our interview would be in oct or nov.the problem is i would turn 21 by 8-may 2008.do u think i would lose eligibility to immigrate with him if i turn 21 before my visa issuance?

Hello

MY father won dv2008.Due to our case number which is as14xx our interview would be in oct or nov.the problem is i would turn 21 by 8-may 2008.do u think i would lose eligibility to immigrate with him if i turn 21 before my visa issuance?

Dear Navid
first of all r u Iranian? any way ...
as much as i know in 2002 a related ACT apperoved called : " CHILD STATUS PROTECTION ACT ". According to this act all the children who have been under 21 years of age before applying for immigration are included and they will be under the protection of not losing their chance to get the visa.
i hope it includes dv lottery winners too but unfortunately i'm not sure:( :confused: just do a search about it(u can go through GOOGLE by the term of CHILD STATUS PROTECTION ACT ) and let me know the result if possible.
hope it helps
good luck

there is a special provision in CSPA on DV.

if your interview is Oct-Nov 2007, I wouldn't worry too much about turning 21 in May 2008.