• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv2006

coqui

Hi All,
Im from Peru, my number is AS000004xx and the docs were sent to KCC last week.
Do you know what are my chances? and When could received any news about it (CP appointment)? :)

Thanks LucyMO.
Do you know about steps of this process? for example KCC will send to me an appointment letter or local embassy or consular will notice or contact me?.

just received notification letter!

I was told I just received a notification letter about the DV lottery. But, I'm not at home now - I'm brazilian - and I haven't even seen it yet. I don't even know my number!!! I asked a friend about what to do, the dates etc e he said I don't need to hurry up, because I just need to reply the NL in october (when the fiscal for the DV 2006 year will begin).
Well, then I'm looking for information at this forum, and coqui from Peru wrote he already sent documents to KCC last week... And people saying the faster you reply the bigger are my chances to get the visa. I'm not sure I really understand it.
I don't know what to do! I'm just happy, but what's the next step?
Thanks!

South American,

Whether you need to hurry up or not depends on your number. The lower it is, the sooner your interview will be, starting in October.

If you are applying for consular processing, you can mail them at any time. Then, depending on your number and when you sent in your application, your interview will be scheduled. For example, someone with a number EU00015000 sends their application in July. Someone else has a number EU00014999, and send their docs in September. It is logical to assume that if the numbers become current in the same month, then Person A will get his interview scheduled a couple of days sooner.

Now, if a person (A) with a very low number EU00000050 sends their application in September, while a person (B) sends their application in June. Person A will still get his interview sooner, because their number will be current long before Person's B. However, if person A waits until January to send his documents in, chances are the interview will be scheduled much much later....

If you are in the States, and will be doing AOS (adjustment of status), then you don't have to worry about sending the docs in until October. And even then you can only send them in when your number becomes current.

Send the NL back in ASAP!

I have a very low number for DV-2005. It was current in October 2004 but I only sent it in November 2004, and my interview only got scheduled for June 2005. A huge delay, and a risk that they might run out of visa numbers for my country by the time I have my interview.....

Had I sent the NL back in July 2004, my interview would have been in October 2004, and there would be no concern of visa numbers running out then.

DO NOT DELAY!!