• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV winners, please read this first ! General Info

Hello!

I'm a newbie here and got lucky to be selected among 100.000 others for the DV2008.

I have a question to the DS-230 specifically questions 10, 11 and 33 on the form and hope you can help me.

Question 10 asks for the "Permanent address in the United States where you intend to live, if known (Street address including zipcode). Include the name of a person who currently lives there.

Question 11 asks for the "Address in the United States where you want your Permanent Resident Card (GC) mailed, if different from address in item #10 (include the name of a person who currently lives there)

Question 33a asks "Do you want the Social Security Administration to assign you an SSN (and issue a card) and to answer 'yes' in 33b "Consent to disclosure: I authorize disclosure of Information from this form to the Department of Homeland Security, the SSA, such other U.S. Government agencies as may be required for the purpose of assigning me an SSN and issuing me a SSC and I authorize the SSA to share my SSN with the INS.

*ugh, too many acronyms*

Anyway, my questions are

a) Do I need to have a permanent address in the US to be eligible for the Diversity GC and if yes, do I need to be officially registered as living at said address?

b) Do I need a permanent address in the U.S. to be issued an SSN by the SSA?

If anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful.

oh and ...uhm...is a casenumber with lots of zeros after the AreaLetters good or bad?

Very Impressive and needs some help

Hello

i have read through your post, is very helpful. My wife is Dv2007 winner(Bangladesh) case no AS.. <400 i.e less than 400. We had an interview on 15th of January,2007. After finished interview immigratiion officer gave her one white letter.On the "White Sheet" it was stated that our immigrant visa was successful and our visa has been conditionally approved......................". and still Administrative processing.

i am now studing in UK and so living in UK(3 years).
On February month we found that my wife is pregrant and due date is mid september.

My questions are

Do i have to inform embassy about pregnancy matter?
How long it does take to get visa after completed the interview?(now is nearly 3 months)
Is it possible if we get visa can we fly from UK?
Is it possible can they sending visa to US embassy in Uk?

Hopefully you will give me some advice?

Thanks
Sohel

hey Sohel,
U have to have an address where your plastic resident card will be sent to yaupon arrival in the States.Atleast you should have a place you will be staying for a while when u get to the states before you decide on how soon you wanna move and i think u also have to change your address with USCIS to let them know of your new address.

About SSN, U still have to have an address on your Application form when u apply for a SSN so,u have to come up with an address of where u'll be staying ASAP as thats where all ur mails will be sent to

Case number AS000093xx, CP or AOS?

Thanks everybody, I have already learned a lot in this forum. I just received the congratulations letter with case number AS000093xx. Is there any hope to get the GC? Is the number too high? I am currently in US under F1 visa and soon will move to H1b (they have already filed my application), should I consider AOS or CP considering my number is not good. :confused:

Hi guys! Thanks for the wealth of information on this thread. I could not find the answer to a few questions though.

1. I am currently waiting for H-1B lottery results. Should I wait till I get my H-1B decision before sending the DS-230 and DSP-122 to KCC? I have heard that if H-1B processing coincides with Green Card processing, one of them will be dropped.

2. I am thinking of processing the Green Card through CP rather than AOS because it seems like CP is faster. My number is not too good. It's AS89XX. I wanted to confirm that there is no risk in flying back for the interview while on H-1B.

3. On Form DS-230, box 10 and 11 they ask you put down the name and the address of where I want to live in US and the place where I want my GC to be mailed. For the first one, does the person need to be a GC holder or a citizen? And can I change either of those addresses later?

Thanks!

Hello everybody,

I would like first to thanks all the participants for the contributions they are making in order to help new winners like me to better understand all the steps which will follow and how to fill the forms correctly. I have a couple of questions and I would appreciate if somebody would help me….

I have a Masters degree and I am studying at the moment an MPhil leading to a PhD.

1)- Form DSP-122 Question 6

* - Do I have to tick only advanced degree or all the levels completed

* - On part B of the same question; I have attended 4 Universities and two different high schools. Is it an obligation to write all the schools and colleges ?...in other words do I have to mentioned as well middle school and primary school knowing that they are only six boxes on the form. In addition I am not too sure about the name of the primary school as it was 22 years ago. Will I be disqualified if I will write only the Universities I have attended till the name of the high school in which I had my Baccalaureate.

2)- Form DS-230 Part 1 Question 22: Work experience

List all the employment for the last ten years..

I answered No to question 7 (form DSP-122) as it does not apply to me, however at the moment I am working Part time at the University and I wonder if I will have to mentioned it on question 22 (Form DS-230) taking into account that it is only a part time job (Office assistant).

Thanks in advance,

To Chabet

HI CHABET. FOR YOUR QUESTIONS:
1-A) I THINK YOU NEED TO CHOOSE THE LATEST EDUCATION DEGREE. I CAN'T GET TO MY DOCUMENTS RIGHT NOW SO I NEED TO LOOK THAT LATER.
1-B) YOU NEED TO WRITE ALL OF YOUR SCHOOLS. IF THERE ARE NO SPACES LEFT YOU NEED TO CONTINUE ON A CLEAN SHEET AND NAME YOUR ANSWERS ACCORDING TO THE QUESTIONS. LIKE " 1-A" OR ETC. JUST WRITE THE SAME QUESTION NUMBER. WRITE YOUR CASE NUMBER ON THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF THE SHEET AND WRITE THE FORM NUMBER ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER AS IT'S DONE ON THE FORMS. WE DID JUST LIKE THIS ON OUR FORMS TOO.

2. MY HUSBAND HAD WORKED AS AN ASSISTANT AT HIS UNIVERSITY WHILE HE'S STUDYING HIS MASTER'S. IT IS A REAL JOB AS YOU GET SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND ETC. SO YOU NEED TO WRITE THAT ASSISTANT JOB IN THAT QUESTION. IN OUR CASE, MY HUSBAND HAS WORKED IN A COMPUTER SHOP WHEN HE WAS IN OUR COUNTRY SEVERAL YEARS AGO. WE WROTE THAT DOWN ALSO. IF YOU'VE WORKED IN ANY JOB IN THE LAST 10 YEARS, WHETHER IN USA OR IN YOUR COUNTRY, YOU SHOULD WRITE THAT DOWN IN YOUR ANSWERS.

HOPE THAT HELPS. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF DV-2007 AND DV-2008 WINNERS.

Hello everybody,

I would like first to thanks all the participants for the contributions they are making in order to help new winners like me to better understand all the steps which will follow and how to fill the forms correctly. I have a couple of questions and I would appreciate if somebody would help me….

I have a Masters degree and I am studying at the moment an MPhil leading to a PhD.

1)- Form DSP-122 Question 6

* - Do I have to tick only advanced degree or all the levels completed

* - On part B of the same question; I have attended 4 Universities and two different high schools. Is it an obligation to write all the schools and colleges ?...in other words do I have to mentioned as well middle school and primary school knowing that they are only six boxes on the form. In addition I am not too sure about the name of the primary school as it was 22 years ago. Will I be disqualified if I will write only the Universities I have attended till the name of the high school in which I had my Baccalaureate.

2)- Form DS-230 Part 1 Question 22: Work experience

List all the employment for the last ten years..

I answered No to question 7 (form DSP-122) as it does not apply to me, however at the moment I am working Part time at the University and I wonder if I will have to mentioned it on question 22 (Form DS-230) taking into account that it is only a part time job (Office assistant).

Thanks in advance,

To Siomery...

Hi All.
I Just Want To Say To Siomery That What He's Doing Is Just Absurd.
All The Information A Dv Lottery Winner Is Here On This Forum And On So Many Other Forums For "free" !!!!!!!
I Really Don't Think That Anyone Will Pay For Your Travel Package.
And As A Muslim Myself, I Don't Like That You're Using This Free Information For Your Benefit And Try To Sell It.
I Say Everyone Just Ignore That Man's Message Please.

Have A Nice Week Everyone. Bye.