• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Visa, Family movement and Family problems.

AMERICAWAIT

I won and secured a DV visa and currently in the US. At the time I applied for the eDV my family were not with me and had little or no contact with them (lived abroad) so I entered single hence, during my interview, I was asked if married and have children and I answered no to both questions. This was to ensure consistency in all my application process. Now I have finally had contact with my family and want them to move to the US. Can I file a family visa application for them? How long do I have to wait before I can do that?

I won and secured a DV visa and currently in the US. At the time I applied for the eDV my family were not with me and had little or no contact with them (lived abroad) so I entered single hence, during my interview, I was asked if married and have children and I answered no to both questions. This was to ensure consistency in all my application process. Now I have finally had contact with my family and want them to move to the US. Can I file a family visa application for them? How long do I have to wait before I can do that?

I can give you the best suggestion that you need to marry to your wife again and you will get the new marriage certificate with new date and then you can apply for your wife. But if you want to use your old marriage certificate then your visa will be revoked for false statement that you gave before. Now what about your children? I dont have any idea about that.

hello Americawait

how are you ?

I played Dv2011 as single and finally i won.. my problem i submit my DS-230 and i list all my family information in the form and send it to KCC .. how to crrect these info .. my suitation like yours my brother ..describe me your experince with interview .. take care
Dv2011AF000777xx

ur case is solvable but you need to be more detailed for us to come in.pls let us know d number and ages of ur children

Solvable?

If he was not divorced and his kids were already born when he applied for DV, then he is at risk of losing his green card for knowingly giving false information on his DV entry, on the DS230 forms and to the consulate officer. As far as I can see there is no way he can get his family there without jeopardizing his status as a GC holder. Maybe someone else will be able to advise him on what to do.

If you declare now you have kids born before your application for the DV lottery, than you will lose your GC and have to leave the country.

You clearly were dishonest in your application and that will lead to revoking of your GC. So basically you can NEVER get your kids to the US as you as a sponsor when you become a citizen...As a GC holder you can't endorse anyone!...you could have entered them and they could be on your application which you didn't do...

You have to live with this for the rest of your life...that was the decision you made back then.....

Interesting case, that honestly I do not understand. When you enter the DV, you either have kids or you dont at the moment, the same regarding your wife. You definetly lied in you DV entry, in all your forms and in your interview and now after you get the card, suddenly you have a wife and kids. Very complicated and stupid mistake from your side.

This poster isn't the first one and probably won't be the last one who is winning and then will lose out!

A few month's ago there was a political person who run for a certain local office. When some others started to dig into her past they find out she had voted while being here ona GC and she lost her GC...

To me that was not as bad as denying you have kids....I don't understand how people can make such a mess about something which is so easy as to enter them as well, even though they aren't traveling with you..

Americanwait, sorry to say that there is nothing you can do to correct your 'mistake'. The DV lottery instructions specifically state that all applicants must list their children (under 21 years) and/or spouse (regardless of where they live). There are no exceptions. Please be reminded that the details on all applications are stored in their database, so if you try to sponsor them, they will cross reference the info. with the info. on the petition form....The only way you can possibly get away with it, if the error was overlooked. Even if you try to explain the error, they will say that you had a chance to correct it by notifying KCC and during the interview. What a missed opportunity!!