• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV - tax !

mun47

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends,

I am a GC holder Via DV. Currently I am out of US and have a Re-entry permit valid till Aug, 2011. I was first entered in US last Aug, 2009. I applied a SSN but it never arrived my frields address (perhaps I didn't put apartment # on the address !!! Big mistake).

Now my question is, do I have to file any tax ? I don't have my SSN which is most need to file tax as I have read on some thread. I will not be in US till Aug, 2011, am I still liable to pay any kind of tax ? please help.

You might not have to pay anything but as far as I know you have to file your taxes....April 19th if I'm correct.

Eventhough, I am not physically in US during the period ? Can I file a tax without SSN ? What if I am not working at all ?

Status maintain garna lai bharnu parcha. America le tax bhane pachi chadaina. US Citizens ko aru desh ma kama ko paisa pani tax garcha, pakkai GC hune haru ko pani baira desh ma kama paisa tax garcha.

you cant file the tax without SS#

you may try to call SSA office to get one.

I know that US citizen is repsonible for global income for tax purpose even if you are working in other country, you income is taxable by US government
but i am not too sure how this law apply to Green card holder

I will see if i can follow up with you for this one...

Once you become a LPR (even on December 31, 2009) your are required by US law to fill in your FY-2009 Taxes on your world wide income to IRS before April 15, 2010.

Last edited by a moderator: