• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV LOTTERY

Lag

Hello,
I am going to be applying for the DV lottery this year but the country in which I was born is not eligible. I will be using the 'chargeability' onto the country that my parents were born because they are from a country that IS eligible.
However, if I am selected for an interview I will need to provide evidence that both my parents were born in another country BUT my parents don't have their birth certificate anymore...will I be allowed to use their passports as proof that they were born in a different country?

Thank you,
X

Hello,
I am going to be applying for the DV lottery this year but the country in which I was born is not eligible. I will be using the 'chargeability' onto the country that my parents were born because they are from a country that IS eligible.
However, if I am selected for an interview I will need to provide evidence that both my parents were born in another country BUT my parents don't have their birth certificate anymore...will I be allowed to use their passports as proof that they were born in a different country?

Thank you,
X

Why we're they in the country of your birth when you were born?

Your parents passports' alone will not be enough as proof of being born in an eligible country considering the fact that people acquire other citizenship all the time and all they need to prove their new citizenship is the passport.

In addition, how long where they in your country of birth for and why where they there?

They were in the country of my birth because they had moved here to London permanently. They had been here in the UK for about 3 years and had become UK citizens by the time I was born in the UK. But they were both NOT born in the UK. If I can obtain their birth certificate do you think I can still apply for the lottery and use their chargeability from where they were born/originally from?

They were in the country of my birth because they had moved here to London permanently. They had been here in the UK for about 3 years and had become UK citizens by the time I was born in the UK. But they were both NOT born in the UK. If I can obtain their birth certificate do you think I can still apply for the lottery and use their chargeability from where they were born/originally from?

No. You could only charge to their country if they had been in the UK temporarily. If you marry a non Brit and their country is eligible you could apply through that route.

Like Simon said, you CANNOT charge to your parents' country of birth since they not staying in London temporarily at the time of your birth. So being able to get their B/C is irrelevant at this point.

Good day forumites.

My family will be applying for the DV 2016 lottery. However, in filling our forms I have some questions to raise.
My wife is claiming nativity based on her country of birth even though she is not a citizen of her country of birth - Is this okay?
I am claiming my wife's nativity country as my country of nativity - Is this one also in order.

I will appreciate your honest opinion on this

Good day forumites.

My family will be applying for the DV 2016 lottery. However, in filling our forms I have some questions to raise.
My wife is claiming nativity based on her country of birth even though she is not a citizen of her country of birth - Is this okay?
I am claiming my wife's nativity country as my country of nativity - Is this one also in order.

your wife is following the instructions perfectly. They don't care what anyone's citizenship is. And yes you can use your wife's country to cross-charge. I would suggest, you read the rules :)

Good day forumites.

As Susie says your wife is doing it right. Now, about you. Is your country of birth ineligible - if so, then yes charge to her country.

Yes my country of birth is ineligible. So from these explanations, I think we are good to go. Thank you Simon and Susie QQ. I am most grateful

Yes my country of birth is ineligible. So from these explanations, I think we are good to go. Thank you Simon and Susie QQ. I am most grateful

Yes you are all set - my wife and I were in that same position - I am British and was and to enter charging to her country. If she wins, it is very simple, only she needs to be qualified on education/work experience. If you win, you both need to be qualified on educatikon/work experience. Good luck!