• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV lottery winners who are married meet here

i think you should send 2 photo+ds230 part 1,2 only if u are derivative
Ur wife 2 photo+ dsp122+ds 230 part 1 , 2 +barcode sheet if she is a principal

But I have one question for you I have seen that u were dv 2011 winner but u gave up because there were error on the online entry , could you please specify what was the error??

I was married and by mistake I wrote I am single

Tradatonal wedding

after reading your interview as a married man and your experience im very worried because i wrote that i was married on 18th dec 2010 as a husband and wife with my wife and that's the date we married but unfortunately it was a very small time ceremony and we never even bothered to take the photos,but later after i won the lottery i i had a civil wedding in the state law office and even have the photos and marriage certificate,i was wondering how will i do to prove our traditional wedding yet we never had any photos??advise please...
yours thirsty for America young Kenyan!!!

Please forgive me for sharing my experience a bit late.

My wife, my daughter and I got to embassy earlier than 7 am, the appointment time. We were called in and we made the payment of two hundred and seventeen thousand eight hundred naira ($440 x 3 x 165 naira) only.

The below documents were collected:

Medical document;
Police certificate;
Marriage certificate;
Degree Certificate and WAEC;
And Birth certificate.

NOTE: All these documents were carefully arranged and separated into different envelope by me before getting to the embassy such that when the guy requesting for each one, I called the envelope out and give him the requested one. This made the guy astonished and impressed.

The above stated documents were collected from me and my wife excluding the degree certificate from my wife because she has some month to finish her MBBS. While DS – 230 form for my child was also submitted.

I went with different back-up documents such as Traditional and White (Church) wedding album, wedding invitation, church wedding program’s booklet, my daughter’s naming ceremony album, pictures of my wife when she was pregnant, My wife’s affidavit of change of names, Copy of my wife’s publication of change of names in two newspaper, Affidavit of marriage, My Bachelor of Engineering graduation’s pictures and my NYSC certificate with the picture album.

We sat down and later, we were called to one of the window.

The Interview:

CO : Good morning
I : Good morning
CO : You are “ my full name”
I : Yes
CO : Passed all our original document to us except the international passports and asked us to keep it.
I : Thanks!
CO : Do u know what to do for me?
I : No!
CO : Shown me and my wife, the part to sign on our DS-230

My wife & I : We signed

CO : Asked who is to sign for my daughter on her DS-230
I : Signed
CO : Instructed me and my wife to do fingerprint.

My wife and I : We did fingerprint.

CO : Asked my wife to go and sit down

My wife : Sat very close to the window where I was interviewed.

CO : What is your highest qualification?
I : I have BEng. In ……………. Engineering and I graduated in year …………..
CO : Your document read that you have experience in your field of study, What do u do now?
I : I stated where ‘am working, the job title, mentioned my job responsibilities and inputted all my past job experience.

NOTE : I was first frightened because I prepared to answer question on education. Later I remembered that I filled the experience part of my DSP-122 and DS-230. Meanwhile, I did not give him chance to scrutinize me while I was saying everything about my work experience.

CO : OK ! ! ! That’s all right
I : Thanks!
CO : You registered for the lottery as married while your marriage certificate read a date after the registration. What transpired?

I : It is well understood in my culture that traditional marriage precede the court or the church marriage. In the light of this, our traditional marriage had taken place before the registration of marriage in the registry as law requested and also before church marriage as our doctrine preaches. Therefore, my wife and I have been blessed as couple traditionally before the lottery registration. I have evidence to buttress my points, Sir.

CO : What is it?
I : Our traditional marriage album and our white wedding album.
CO : Let me see it.

I : I brought out a big picture album that has our traditional wedding pictures shows my wife and I in native attire and in the presence of both parents. I started flipping the album to show different pictures and telling the CO about the people in the album. I opened about five pages of interesting traditional pictures in front and I skipped into white wedding’s pictures at the middle of the album. I continued telling him about the people in the picture.
NOTE: I was in a lighter mood, very audible and I made sure that I commanded the audience around me. Suddenly I noticed that the CO was typing something on his computer.

CO : OK! Who is to pick the visa?
I : Answered
CO : Showed me the address on the white sheet
I : A white sheet collected.

I am using this opportunity to thanks all the concerned forumites.

ADVICE : My gentle words goes to the forumites who are preparing for visa interview, please be courageous and be firm in your speeches during the interview.
Ensure your documents are intact and probe yourself before the main interview.

For married applicants, relate to each other as couple at the interview venue not as distant relatives. Who knows the official watching?

I noticed that some applicants in this forum that failed the visa interview are derivatives. They are not the principal applicant. Please permit me if I made wrong justification on this perception. However, it is highly advisable for the beneficiary of this forum to invite his or her primary applicant to be active in the forum. I read a lot of forum’s trends and I posted my concerns for forumites to help.

Thanks and best regards,

Tonnyblue

after reading your interview as a married man and your experience im very worried because i wrote that i was married on 18th dec 2010 as a husband and wife with my wife and that's the date we married but unfortunately it was a very small time ceremony and we never even bothered to take the photos,but later after i won the lottery i i had a civil wedding in the state law office and even have the photos and marriage certificate,i was wondering how will i do to prove our traditional wedding yet we never had any photos??advise please...
yours thirsty for America young Kenyan!!!

DV-2013 winners who are going to marry during the visa process meet here

Dear friends,
i am new one for this usefull forum, I am a one of DV-2013 selectee and my Case no is 2013AS00003xxx, I have confused about some regulation about this visa process in future because of my marital status will change on September because of my wedding so that i have some doubt about this visa process in future please clearify the following doubts...

(1)
When i was enter this DV-2013 programme i was a single as well as i have filled in entrance form that i was a single and i have sent both DSP forms to KCC on 16/05/2012 also KCC has confirmed my DSP forms delivery on 18/06/2012, but i am going to marry on 7th September therefore after the marriage could i include my wife to this visa process as well?????,

(2)
My case no is very low (2013AS00003xxx) therefore my visa interveiw should be October based on Visa bullatin, suppose to be if i get 2nd notification letter on August interveiw may be on October, my doubt is after get the 2nd notification letter (interview letter) could i uptate my status change as well as could i postponed my interveiw date by a month????

I highly appreciate your use full reply...., thanking you

:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
DV-2013 winners who are going to marry during the visa process

Dear friends,
i am new one for this usefull forum, I am a one of DV-2013 selectee and my Case no is 2013AS00003xxx, I have confused about some regulation about this visa process in future because of my marital status will change on September so that i have some doubt about this visa process in future please clearify the following doubts...

(1)
When i was enter this DV-2013 programme i was a single as well as i have filled in entrance form that i was a single and i have sent both DSP forms to KCC on 16/05/2012 also KCC has confirmed my DSP forms delivery on 18/06/2012, but i am going to marry on 7th September therefore after the marriage could i include my wife to this visa process as well?????,

(2)
My case no is very low (2013AS00003xxx) therefore my visa interveiw should be October based on Visa bullatin, suppose to be if i get 2nd notification letter on August interveiw may be on October, my doubt is after get the 2nd notification letter (interview letter) could i uptate my status change as well as could i postponed my interveiw date by a month????

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear friends,
i am new one for this usefull forum, I am a one of DV-2013 selectee and my Case no is 2013AS00003xxx, I have confused about some regulation about this visa process in future because of my marital status will change on September so that i have some doubt about this visa process in future please clearify the following doubts...

(1)

(2)

@sujath2012;congrats on ur selection;

1:this is tricky since by 7th Sept,u r most likely to have received ur 2nd NL!!!If u can,move up the marriage date,do it & resend new forms including ur wife(that should be prior to 15th August since the bulletin is published on that day).

2:u could write to KCC asking them to hold ur case given ur situation & wait after ur wedding for the processing of ur documents.I do agree that after getting ur 2nd NL,will u be able to add any beneficiaries unless its a child(newborn).

Bottom line,inform KCC ASAP preferably by both calling & mail;calling for immediate feedback & mail for documentary evidence.

All the best.

Dear friends,

(1)

(2)

I read somewhere that you can send the 122 and 230 again with the new additions (you need to consult further though). However, I think you should also write an email this month informing them that you intend to get married in September so that the email is put in your file before it leaves for the Embassy. I imagine you can send the forms after your marriage and also carry another set to the embassy. Chances are that the new forms might reach KCC when your file has already left for the Embassy considering your case number.

You will need alot of proof to show that your marriage is geniune because you seem to have made the decision too late (after sending forms the second time to KCC) and according to them, you did so in order for an unauthorized person to benefit from your DV win. The normal practise is to include new people in your second application. Yours will be a third application and I do not know about this. Also include a letter making the explanation in the third application. Tell them you already sent your forms back but you got married (in any case they say if your family situation has changed, you need to inform them).

I read somewhere that you can send the 122 and 230 again with the new additions (you need to consult further though). However, I think you should also write an email this month informing them that you intend to get married in September so that the email is put in your file before it leaves for the Embassy. I imagine you can send the forms after your marriage and also carry another set to the embassy. Chances are that the new forms might reach KCC when your file has already left for the Embassy considering your case number.

You will need alot of proof to show that your marriage is geniune because you seem to have made the decision too late (after sending forms the second time to KCC) and according to them, you did so in order for an unauthorized person to benefit from your DV win. The normal practise is to include new people in your second application. Yours will be a third application and I do not know about this. Also include a letter making the explanation in the third application. Tell them you already sent your forms back but you got married (in any case they say if your family situation has changed, you need to inform them).

thanking you both of them for the quick useful reply

DV-2013 winners who are going to marry during the visa process

Dear friend,

I have met a local DV related consular yesterday he told me that in my case its too delay to update status change now because my wedding have fixed on 07th september and inetrview letter may be receive on August therefore after receive the interview letter(2nd notification letter) it is impossible to update status change between August to Otober but however in interview, consular will ask about my wedding during the visa process period, if I have married during the visa process period they will ask some evidents to proof my marriage, then if it will ok...... they will provide special forms to fill up for status change and alian registration(DSP) for my wife as well...................but in this case visa process for both me and my wife normally delay 3 to 4 month.................... friends, if you known as much as in this case , guide me please.................... thanking you all of in this usefull forum

My wife did a mistake on filling Form DS-230 part 1 #2 (state your alias name---If married state your maiden name) First name she filled ma middle name then mid and last she filled her's instead of filling her name before married. Can this be a problem since I think is too late to consult KCC as my number is too low and by 15th this month I will get ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER. If I consult KCC will this delay my interview?

My wife did a mistake on filling Form DS-230 part 1 #2 (state your alias name---If married state your maiden name) First name she filled ma middle name then mid and last she filled her's instead of filling her name before married. Can this be a problem since I think is too late to consult KCC as my number is too low and by 15th this month I will get ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER. If I consult KCC will this delay my interview?

It would be best to fill in new forms & email the package to KCC together with a cover letter explaining ur predicament.

Its not too late since u r not guaranteed to be current come August 15 & in addition,even if u r current,it does not mean the interview must be in Oct.

As to whether ur interview will be delayed on consulting with KCC,I have no idea.

The thing is,it would be best to correct ur mistakes beforehand;atleast the CO will be aware of it pre-interview rather than starting to explain urself there & then.

The fastest way to confirm would be to call immediately_right now its 0747hrs_just as they r settling in to begin their day.

Good luck.

How genuine is yua marriage? For genuine married couples, pliz let not take chances; If yu have adopted a child or children yu should go for adoption certificate(s)>>>>take yua time to revise everything; yua documents, questions expected n don lie. Whether yu av got kids or not. Be confident, don panic, be sure and be friendly wid everyone at the embassy.
Believe we can. Yes we can.

RE-ENTRY PERMIT for ME and MY WIFE

Hi all,
My question is about re-entry permit. Does getting only 1 re-entry permit (for wife or husband) covers all family?

for example, my wife is principal green card winner. We want to stay in our homeland for a couple of years for my work. Is it enough for me to show my "work status" and get a re-entry permit that covers my wife, too (during arriving the USA for the first time)?

in other words,
I and My wife should SEPERATELY present a valid reason for abandoning the USA for 2 years?? or only one reason is enough? for eample, I work in homeland and my wife is with me. So since she is the principal green card winner, my reason covers her too?

We will apply re-entry permit when we first enter to the USA.

I hope I am clear.
waiting for your replies,
Thanks,

Forumite,

My best friend wife won visa lottery as single , and they are both legally married since 2010.

The woman in question included her husband data and their wedding date in DS-230. And the husband is a beneficiary in the notification of interview letter. They have no child.

Both of them secretly went to court to wed but the real traditional wedding which is recognized by the parents and their tradition was done after dvisa registration.

My own interview experience was that " I registered as married while my marriage certificate read a date after registration. During my interview I told CO that I had married traditionally which is the major marriage in my culture and living with my wife, but went and formalize it after the registration.
My traditional and court wedding pictures were shown to the CO and we were given the Visa.

Dear forumite, what is the best answer to their expected question concerning their marriage.

Best regards,