• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV lottery winners who are married meet here

wow ranaty to God be the glory.with God all things are possible.ur experience is really wow thanks b 2 God.u know at our first interview we took our marriage certificate and pictures of e marriage.didnt discover this forum early but all e same am learnin a lot now.apart from the pictures u didnt take anything else.for e 2nd interview we would take our courtship emails nd an insurance policy we v and more pictures.what do u think ranaty.thanks for ur experience

that is a good idea. You can go with all the things u've mentioned just go with anything that shows that u've bn in relationship before winning the lottery.in our case my husband even took receipts of EMS that he sent to me when i was in school.just go wif anything dat shows dat u've been living 2geda.it shall by all means be fine.

Dear ALL,

Congratulations to all that have had their successful interviews and for the rest of us still awaiting interviews the good Lord in his infinite mercy grant us our heart desires and we shall succeed with visa granted in jesus name,AMEN!!!.

My Question goes thus;

We entered as married (online application) in October 2009 and we got MARRIED (ENGAGEMENT AND CHURCH MARRIAGE) in November 2009,thou we had our INTRODUCTION Ceremony in December 2008.I believe there is no issue with this?

May God bless u all and success in all we lay our hand upon in jesus name,AMEN!!!

i am a winner and will also be going with my husband in january.i will be prepared to give them details of our friendship and courtship.will go along with all pictures having both of us in it with relatives and friends,our marriage certificates,wedding photoes etc.

All the best!

A Great thank you

I am personally grateful for your contribution in this forum. In fact you have got a good mastery of situations in the embassy. I am even tempted to say that you work there. Once more thank you. Your contribution will help me and my wife.
However could also be of help to me. My case Number is AF 8035x, quite high and my fear is that we might not be called up or we might be called at the rush hour when things will be done so strictly. We got married in 2009 and actually played as a couple. Any advice from you plz.
1. When and where was your spouse born?
2. How did you and your spouse meet? Where?
3. Describe this 1st meeting.
4. Did you make arrangements to meet again?
5. Did you exchange phone numbers?
6. Where was your first date?
7. When and where did your spouse propose to you?
8. Where did you marry, at Church, the Courthouse? Did you have a wedding reception?
9. Why didn’t you have a honeymoon?
10. Why didn't you have a wedding?
11. What are the names of your in-laws?
12. Have you met them?
13. Name some of your spouse’s best friends?
14. Have you met them?
15. How many rooms are in the house?
16. Do you attend religious services together? What is the name of the religious establishment /pastor,
17. How many siblings does your spouse have?
18. Name the siblings of your spouse
19. Why did you decide to get married on your date of marriage?
20. What does your spouse do for living
21. Where does s/he work
22. What are your spouses hobbies
23. When did you decide to get married? Where were you at the time?
24. Did you live together before marriage?
25. When and where did you get married.
26. Who were the witnesses to the ceremony?
27. Where did you purchase the ring? Did you and your spouse purchase it together?
28. Did you have a reception after the ceremony?
29. Where was it held?
30. Do you have any photos of the ceremony and /or reception?
31. Describe the reception.
32. Did any of your, and your spouse's, family members attend? If so, who?
33. Did you go on a honeymoon?
34. Where did you live after the marriage?
35. Describe the place where you lived right after the marriage. Number of bedrooms and bathrooms; furnishings; color of walls, , appliances.
36. Where did you get the furniture? Was it already there, did you buy it, was it a gift, or did it come from your, or your spouse's, previous residence?
37. If brought to the house or apartment, describe how it was transported.
38. Describe your bedroom. Where do you keep your clothes? Where does your spouse keep his or her clothes? Where are the bathroom towels kept? Where do you keep the dirty clothes?
39. Where is the garbage kept in the kitchen?
40. On what day of the week is the garbage picked up?
41. Where do you shop for groceries? Do you go together with your spouse
42. What is your salary?
43. When was the last vacation you had from work?
44. Did you and your spouse go anywhere together at that time?
45. What is your spouse’s salary?
46. What is your spouse's telephone No
47. When was the last time your spouse got a vacation from work?
48. Do you or your wife have any scars or tattoos? If so, where on the body?
49. Do you know your spouse's family members? If so, which ones?
50. How much is your rent? When is it paid? How do you pay it?
51. Do you have a bank account together? Where? What kind of account? (Checking, savings).
52. Are both of you listed on the account? (Do you have a bank letter, cancelled checks, etc.?)
53. Do you own any property together?
54. Do you have an insurance policy listing your spouse as the beneficiary? If so, do you have a copy?
55. Have you taken any trips or vacations together?
56. What other documentation do you have to show that you are living together as husband and wife?
57. What did you do for Christmas, New Year's, your anniversary, or you or your spouse's last birthday? Did you exchange gifts? If so, what kind of gift?
58. Did you or your spouse go to work yesterday? If so, at what time did you and/or your spouse leave the house and return?
59. Who cooks the meals at the house?
60. What is your spouse's favorite food?
61. What is your favorite food?
62. Did you eat dinner together last night? Did anyone else have dinner with you? What did you have?
63. What time was dinner served? Who cooked it?
64. Did you watch TV after dinner? What did watch?
65. At what time did you go to bed? Who went to bed first?
66. Who woke up first this morning? Did an alarm clock go off?
67. Did you have breakfast? Where and what did you eat?
68. What is your spouses' favorite color, place to visit
69. Who is the owner of the house where you live?
70. How many children do you intend to have or How many children are yet to be born?

The CO also can ask questions relating to sleeping habits, underwear and clothing preference. Be prepared for any personal or private questions in addition to these.

I am personally grateful for your contribution in this forum. In fact you have got a good mastery of situations in the embassy. I am even tempted to say that you work there. Once more thank you. Your contribution will help me and my wife.
However could also be of help to me. My case Number is AF 8035x, quite high and my fear is that we might not be called up or we might be called at the rush hour when things will be done so strictly. We got married in 2009 and actually played as a couple. Any advice from you plz.

Ndifon, Don't worry and let's keep our fingers crossed. u will b called for Interview. if u r called, u'll definitely get it in Jesus name.It is good that u played as couple. just relax. every thing shall be fine.just keep visiting this forum to monitor what is going on

thanks

Ndifon, Don't worry and let's keep our fingers crossed. u will b called for Interview. if u r called, u'll definitely get it in Jesus name.It is good that u played as couple. just relax. every thing shall be fine.just keep visiting this forum to monitor what is going on

Thanks a Million. I am relieved from the stress a little. Do you know any couple that were called up for interview in the last month (sept). My prayer is that we don't go on administrative processing. Time Time ....
I thank God for your success story and wish God to do same for me. May God cont. to Bless you and your Family.

Thanks a Million. I am relieved from the stress a little. Do you know any couple that were called up for interview in the last month (sept). My prayer is that we don't go on administrative processing. Time Time ....
I thank God for your success story and wish God to do same for me. May God cont. to Bless you and your Family.

I know of a mother and Son who went for interview on 20 Sept 2010 and had It. God is on ur side. Which country r u from?if i may know.

Yes he is right.....hope for positive result......All the best!!!!!

Thanks for your concern once more.
I am from Cameroon
CN: 2011AF0008035x.

Ndifon,

I'm Kenyan and as you can see from my signature, my CN is even higher than yours. I was once worried like you that I wouldn't get an interview date. But after thorough research (getting views from former DV applicants as well as present applicants, Dept. of State statistics and bulletins) and plain faith in God, I have no doubt that I will get an interview date.

First you have to know that in almost every year, in the final month (Sept) all CNs become current in Africa including Cameroon (except for DV 2008). Going by the cut-off numbers issued by KCC so far, all remaining CNs are HIGHLY likely to be current after August. Hereto I have attached a document titled 'Trends for DV cut-off'.

You need not worry that your country will be over-subscribed (that visas will no longer be available) before your turn, because according to Dept. of State statistics, they rarely over-subscribe. In fact, they have never over-subscribed in Cameroon. You know that the limit to the number of DV that can be issued to a particular country is 7% of available DV globally; because every year 50,000 visas are made available globally, that translates to 3,500 per country. The most number of DV Cameroon has received in a single year is 1,530 (DV 2009). See attachment titled "FY09 Annual Report"; even countries that traditionally have the highest numbers of selectees like Nigeria, Ghana, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, rarely do they reach the 3,500 ceiling (however Ethiopia has on a number of occasions gone slightly beyond the ceiling). In my country Kenya, visa issuance rates have been in the region of 50% (only one in 2 applicants gets). It all boils down more to good preparation and relatively less to how low or high your CN is. Though as you mentioned, applicants with low CNs have a comparative advantage - they have more time to have their docs in order in case they are put on admin processing, while you have no margin for error.

Also note that between DV 2000 to DV 2009, only once did they surpass their global ceiling of 50,000, and that was for DV2003, when they issued 50,810 visas globally. These figures deeped as low as 40,076 globally in 2007; meaning that about 10,000 potential visas were not issued globally for one reason or another that year.

So my dear, your chances of getting an interview date are very high; what you need to concern yourself with is having all the required documents in order when the time comes, because your interview will come but more likely in the final week of Sept.

The person who will host me in the US got his visa on the 30th Sept 2008 the final day!:)

I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings

Hi Dear,
Thanks for your contributions. they are really very good. I have a feeling that you have good knowledge on what you are preparing to get into. I will b grateful if you furnish me from time to time with this kind of information. I now have hope thanks to your effort. At what level is your preparation and how are you going about it?
The only little problem we have now is financial but we hope to make it before August. Since we are both based in Cameroon, in my own opinion, we havn't got much to spend, all our certificates are authentic. I have little delay with my passport but my wife's is ready.
once more thanks
God bless you.

TIPS 2 SUCCEED IN VISA INTERVIEW
1. Be on time 4 ur interview
2. Dress formally and conservatively
3. Be well organized-listen carefully 2 d questions asked n respond appropriately.
4. Never guess on anything:instead of guessing @ an answa n getting it wrong,it's alwaz advisable 2 say "i do not know" or "i don't remember"
5. Be prepare with d proper documents
6. Reflect on d history of ur dating days

Last edited by a moderator:
3. Be well organized-listen carefully 2 d questions asked n respond appropriately.
4. Never guess on anything:instead of guessing @ an answa n getting it wrong,it's alwaz advisable 2 say "i do not know" or "i don't remember"

Congratulations once again ranaty2002.

Our interview (myself and my wife) comes up tomorrow and I pray for God's mercy and favour to fall upon Us and grant US VISA BREAKTHROUGH IN JESUS NAME,AMEN.

WE SHALL ALL CONTINUE TO TESTIFY TO THE GOODNESS OF GOD ON THIS FORUM IN JESUS NAME,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUCCESS IS OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decree into the lifes of ALL going for interviews this month and the coming months for God's favour and VISA BREAKTHROUGH IN JESUS NAME,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Appreciation

We are grateful for your contribution. I am sure this will help us (me and my wife). Remain Bless and keep updating us.

DEAR ALL,

Given glory to the Lord he reigns,given glory to the Lord he reigns,he reigns he reigns he reigns,given glory to the Lord he reigns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Dear people of God, we (myself and my wife) had a successful interview today.God really favoured us in the face of the consular officers.

Your prayers really work for us and we thank God for this victory.

Dear ALL,just be confident and bold when ure with the CO and always provide answers to any questions ure asked.

Remember,prayer is the key.We were in total praising and worship before we were called to window 11 for the interview and it really gave us confidence during the interview (Thou,the CO did not ask my wife any questions.

WE SHALL ALL CONTINUE TO CELEBRATE ON THIS FORUM,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will post my experience later.

Success awaits ALL going for interviews tomorrow,coming weeks,months in Jesus name,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!11

DEAR ALL,

Given glory to the Lord he reigns,given glory to the Lord he reigns,he reigns he reigns he reigns,given glory to the Lord he reigns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Dear people of God, we (myself and my wife) had a successful interview today.God really favoured us in the face of the consular officers.

Your prayers really work for us and we thank God for this victory.

Dear ALL,just be confident and bold when ure with the CO and always provide answers to any questions ure asked.

Remember,prayer is the key.We were in total praising and worship before we were called to window 11 for the interview and it really gave us confidence during the interview (Thou,the CO did not ask my wife any questions.

WE SHALL ALL CONTINUE TO CELEBRATE ON THIS FORUM,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will post my experience later.

Success awaits ALL going for interviews tomorrow,coming weeks,months in Jesus name,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!11

My Glorious and God favoured interview experience at last!
We got to the Embassy as early as 5:45am and we all waited till around 7am when they started calling people according to categories; Dv, and other Visa application cadres.
After the usual security check, payment and submission, we were called to window 11 by a young handsome good looking American guy 4 our interview.
Me and wife: gud morning sir!(with smile)
Co: gud morning(with a normal face, no smile)
Co: do u swear to tell the truth today?
Me & wife : We promise
Co: told my wife to do Fingerprint and latter asked her to go and stay behind window 8
My wife :she left to stay-by window 8 as instructed by the Co
Co: Told me to do fingerprint
Me: Fingerprint was taken
Co: u are here because u were selected 4 further processing
Me: yes
Co:Do u wish to qualify tru Experience or Education?
Me: Tru Education
Co: wats ur highest educational qualification?
Me: university degree
Co: wat school?
Me: FUTA
Co: when did u graduate?
Me: I told him
Co: wat course did u do?
Me: Electrical/Electronic engineering
Co:did u do a project?
Me:yes
Co:wat was it?
Me: Design and Construction of Laminating Machine
Co: tell me about it
Me: i did...................
Co: tell me the courses u did in ur final year?
Me: i did.....................
Co: tell me about Computer Architecture
Me: i did
Co: Did u serve (NYSC) where & what did u do during the service year??
Me: i did & explain better what I did
Co: started typing
Co: Asked me when and how I met my wife and when I proposed marriage to her and when we got married?
Me: i explained............
Co: Ask about the pictures and pointed to some pple in the pics
Me I explained whom they are to him?
Co:Asked me what I will do when I get to USA?
Me:I told him that I will work
Co:Asked me the nature of work
Me:I told him
Co: Asked me How my host got to USA and where she is staying in USA
Me: I explained to him
Co: ok
That was how it went my Dear colleagues (Brothers and sisters) and he gave me the pick up letter for our VISAS’.

I MUST SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS FOR THEIR PRAYERS FOR ME AND VISA BREAKTHROUGH THE GOOD LORD HAS GIVEN US.

I decree that the good Lord that did this in our life will do the same in the life of ALL pple awaiting interviews in IJN, AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOTE:ALWAYS REMEMBER TO PRAY,GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS.Pls when u get to the Embassy before the call check inn and other security checks and before the Co face to face, JUST BE PRAISNING AND WORSHIPING GOD FROM THE BOTTOM OF UR HEART, this is what we did truout our staying at the Embassy and the Lord favoured us mightily. God favoured me and I was able to answer all the questions the Co asked me widaout missing words.

My wife was not asked any questions at all, apart from the Fingerprint she did.

WE SHALL ALL CONTINUE TO CELEBRATE ON THIS FORUM IN JESUS NAME, AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU ALL, YOU ARE INDEED A GREAT FAMILY AND TO SEE IN THE STATE BY GODS GRACE, AMEN!!!!!!!!

Praise god

I am personally thankful to God for answering our prayers over you and your family. I and my wife were fixed with our eyes to the skies for your success. I have seen that our God is a good God and He has done it again on your life. All glory unto him. My greatest desire is that you cont.to pray for us as we prepare to face the Co come September 2011(CN. 80xxx) Cameroon. You Know we Shall be scheduled at a time where there will be no margin for errors. we sincerely need your prayers. I wish you a safe trip and better days ahead of you. Keep updating us and Remain blessed.

I really want to know for people who are married here. How did you meet your spouse? Was it easy to meet for the first time