• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV lottery winners who are married meet here

I'll be going for the interview with my wife and my two children (girl - 4 years old and son 7 month old ) in February 2011.

Hi Ranaty2002,
i will be going for interview on 24th January.its already a victory.i will tell my story .How is the baby doing ,i pray for a safe delivery.cheers,God Bless

@ojaydan
Thank u very much my dear. the baby is doing well and expecting her Next week by God's Grace. Your interview is already a success just show ur physical body and that's all.Shalom!!

I'll be going for the interview with my wife and my two children (girl - 4 years old and son 7 month old ) in February 2011.

Good luck to you my dear. I will also go for mine in Feb. By the grace of God we'll b back in this forum to share our successful stories. shalom!!

Sample dv questions for married applicants

1. When and where was your spouse born?
2. How did you and your spouse meet? Where?
3. Describe this 1st meeting.
4. Did you make arrangements to meet again?
5. Did you exchange phone numbers?
6. Where was your first date?
7. When and where did your spouse propose to you?
8. Where did you marry, at Church, the Courthouse? Did you have a wedding reception?
9. Why didn’t you have a honeymoon?
10. Why didn't you have a wedding?
11. What are the names of your in-laws?
12. Have you met them?
13. Name some of your spouse’s best friends?
14. Have you met them?
15. How many rooms are in the house?
16. Do you attend religious services together? What is the name of the religious establishment /pastor,
17. How many siblings does your spouse have?
18. Name the siblings of your spouse
19. Why did you decide to get married on your date of marriage?
20. What does your spouse do for living
21. Where does s/he work
22. What are your spouses hobbies
23. When did you decide to get married? Where were you at the time?
24. Did you live together before marriage?
25. When and where did you get married.
26. Who were the witnesses to the ceremony?
27. Where did you purchase the ring? Did you and your spouse purchase it together?
28. Did you have a reception after the ceremony?
29. Where was it held?
30. Do you have any photos of the ceremony and /or reception?
31. Describe the reception.
32. Did any of your, and your spouse's, family members attend? If so, who?
33. Did you go on a honeymoon?
34. Where did you live after the marriage?
35. Describe the place where you lived right after the marriage. Number of bedrooms and bathrooms; furnishings; color of walls, , appliances.
36. Where did you get the furniture? Was it already there, did you buy it, was it a gift, or did it come from your, or your spouse's, previous residence?
37. If brought to the house or apartment, describe how it was transported.
38. Describe your bedroom. Where do you keep your clothes? Where does your spouse keep his or her clothes? Where are the bathroom towels kept? Where do you keep the dirty clothes?
39. Where is the garbage kept in the kitchen?
40. On what day of the week is the garbage picked up?
41. Where do you shop for groceries? Do you go together with your spouse
42. What is your salary?
43. When was the last vacation you had from work?
44. Did you and your spouse go anywhere together at that time?
45. What is your spouse’s salary?
46. What is your spouse's telephone No
47. When was the last time your spouse got a vacation from work?
48. Do you or your wife have any scars or tattoos? If so, where on the body?
49. Do you know your spouse's family members? If so, which ones?
50. How much is your rent? When is it paid? How do you pay it?
51. Do you have a bank account together? Where? What kind of account? (Checking, savings).
52. Are both of you listed on the account? (Do you have a bank letter, cancelled checks, etc.?)
53. Do you own any property together?
54. Do you have an insurance policy listing your spouse as the beneficiary? If so, do you have a copy?
55. Have you taken any trips or vacations together?
56. What other documentation do you have to show that you are living together as husband and wife?
57. What did you do for Christmas, New Year's, your anniversary, or you or your spouse's last birthday? Did you exchange gifts? If so, what kind of gift?
58. Did you or your spouse go to work yesterday? If so, at what time did you and/or your spouse leave the house and return?
59. Who cooks the meals at the house?
60. What is your spouse's favorite food?
61. What is your favorite food?
62. Did you eat dinner together last night? Did anyone else have dinner with you? What did you have?
63. What time was dinner served? Who cooked it?
64. Did you watch TV after dinner? What did watch?
65. At what time did you go to bed? Who went to bed first?
66. Who woke up first this morning? Did an alarm clock go off?
67. Did you have breakfast? Where and what did you eat?
68. What is your spouses' favorite color, place to visit
69. Who is the owner of the house where you live?
70. How many children do you intend to have or How many children are yet to be born?

The CO also can ask questions relating to sleeping habits, underwear and clothing preference. Be prepared for any personal or private questions in addition to these.

Reactions: YTM
1. When and where was your spouse born?
2. How did you and your spouse meet? Where?
3. Describe this 1st meeting.
4. Did you make arrangements to meet again?
5. Did you exchange phone numbers?
6. Where was your first date?
7. When and where did your spouse propose to you?
8. Where did you marry, at Church, the Courthouse? Did you have a wedding reception?
9. Why didn’t you have a honeymoon?
10. Why didn't you have a wedding?
11. What are the names of your in-laws?
12. Have you met them?
13. Name some of your spouse’s best friends?
14. Have you met them?
15. How many rooms are in the house?
16. Do you attend religious services together? What is the name of the religious establishment /pastor,
17. How many siblings does your spouse have?
18. Name the siblings of your spouse
19. Why did you decide to get married on your date of marriage?
20. What does your spouse do for living
21. Where does s/he work
22. What are your spouses hobbies
23. When did you decide to get married? Where were you at the time?
24. Did you live together before marriage?
25. When and where did you get married.
26. Who were the witnesses to the ceremony?
27. Where did you purchase the ring? Did you and your spouse purchase it together?
28. Did you have a reception after the ceremony?
29. Where was it held?
30. Do you have any photos of the ceremony and /or reception?
31. Describe the reception.
32. Did any of your, and your spouse's, family members attend? If so, who?
33. Did you go on a honeymoon?
34. Where did you live after the marriage?
35. Describe the place where you lived right after the marriage. Number of bedrooms and bathrooms; furnishings; color of walls, , appliances.
36. Where did you get the furniture? Was it already there, did you buy it, was it a gift, or did it come from your, or your spouse's, previous residence?
37. If brought to the house or apartment, describe how it was transported.
38. Describe your bedroom. Where do you keep your clothes? Where does your spouse keep his or her clothes? Where are the bathroom towels kept? Where do you keep the dirty clothes?
39. Where is the garbage kept in the kitchen?
40. On what day of the week is the garbage picked up?
41. Where do you shop for groceries? Do you go together with your spouse
42. What is your salary?
43. When was the last vacation you had from work?
44. Did you and your spouse go anywhere together at that time?
45. What is your spouse’s salary?
46. What is your spouse's telephone No
47. When was the last time your spouse got a vacation from work?
48. Do you or your wife have any scars or tattoos? If so, where on the body?
49. Do you know your spouse's family members? If so, which ones?
50. How much is your rent? When is it paid? How do you pay it?
51. Do you have a bank account together? Where? What kind of account? (Checking, savings).
52. Are both of you listed on the account? (Do you have a bank letter, cancelled checks, etc.?)
53. Do you own any property together?
54. Do you have an insurance policy listing your spouse as the beneficiary? If so, do you have a copy?
55. Have you taken any trips or vacations together?
56. What other documentation do you have to show that you are living together as husband and wife?
57. What did you do for Christmas, New Year's, your anniversary, or you or your spouse's last birthday? Did you exchange gifts? If so, what kind of gift?
58. Did you or your spouse go to work yesterday? If so, at what time did you and/or your spouse leave the house and return?
59. Who cooks the meals at the house?
60. What is your spouse's favorite food?
61. What is your favorite food?
62. Did you eat dinner together last night? Did anyone else have dinner with you? What did you have?
63. What time was dinner served? Who cooked it?
64. Did you watch TV after dinner? What did watch?
65. At what time did you go to bed? Who went to bed first?
66. Who woke up first this morning? Did an alarm clock go off?
67. Did you have breakfast? Where and what did you eat?
68. What is your spouses' favorite color, place to visit
69. Who is the owner of the house where you live?
70. How many children do you intend to have or How many children are yet to be born?

The CO also can ask questions relating to sleeping habits, underwear and clothing preference. Be prepared for any personal or private questions in addition to these.

Thank you....

I'm just being curious. It's abt my date of birth(DOB). My bro entered d lottery 4 me. Incase my bro entered wrong DOB, What will b d danger? But any time i communicated wif KCC, I gave my true DOB would KCC have notified me if my true DOB n d 1 my bro entered didn't match? So folks, if my bro entered wrong DOB, what will happen during my interview? Has any1 bn faced with dis issue b4, n how did it go?

A big,big,big,big, thank u 2
d almighty God n all
forum members.my
interview was sooooooo
simple. Watch out for
details soon.

@ ranaty2002

A big,big,big,big, thank u 2
d almighty God n all
forum members.my
interview was sooooooo
simple. Watch out for
details soon.

my dear sister, it is the Lord's doing and it's marvelous in our sight. To God be the glory! Our case shall not be different! The Lord that did your will equally do it for the rest of us on this forum. Congrat to you and your family. Gudluck in the next step and God bless!

please assist me

i will like to file for my wife, but i am having problem with some questions in form DS230
where they asked the signature of the applicant, am i the one to sign or my wife, please assist me thanks

@ moji8888

i will like to file for my wife, but i am having problem with some questions in form DS230
where they asked the signature of the applicant, am i the one to sign or my wife, please assist me thanks

hi moji, if you are the primary applicant, the only form you can sign is the dsp 122. The ds 230 would be signed by each person. This means that you and your wife will sign his and her form individually, while you can only sign for your under age child(ren). But the signing will be done on your interview day, in front of CO. Hope this helps! Gudluck and God bless!

this forum is so informative.i think more people need to join.my husband and i went for e interview.it was cuul but we v bn given the blue sheet and e interviewer circled further evidence of relationship.what more evidence can we take.we took just the marriage certificate and pictures of our marriage we will take pictures before our marriage ,an insurance policy together and emails during courtship.wil dat b enough

wil like to know if couples who added their spouse after winning the dv lottery have been granted visas

Ranaty2002’s Experience
My interview was schedule for 8am. I got to the embassy around 6:30am. Since work at d embassy had not started, we waited under a tree where other Visa applicants were. My husband rushed to a breakfast joint to get me hot cocoa drink and bread.
About 7:30am, the guards at the embassy called us to form a queue. We were about 56th and 57th in the queue. One of the security men started inspecting our appointment letters. When he got to me, I told him I had a new baby so he allowed me to jump the queue. so I was the first DV applicant to enter the embassy’s compound but my husband was asked to stay behind to go through security checks. Finally, my husband joined me in the main compound. We waited till when all the DV applicants entered. For about 25min waiting, a white American and a Ghanaian came to talk to the DV applicants. The white man spoke to us about the instructions, how one could postpone the interview, the consequences of presenting fake documents and how one is qualified i.e. either by education or by job experience.
He made us aware that the easiest way to qualify is by education and that we needed 5 passes (E) including English and Mathematics in SSSCE/WASSCE (WAEC). He said few people have been able to qualify with job. After all the talks, we were given two forms, one is to just thick the appropriate fields (married before the online registration, married after online entry, whether you have children or not, qualifying with education or job)and another to is fill in your name and number of people you want to pay for the visa.
My baby started crying as soon as the officers started talking to us. So the man said to me, because of the cry of my baby he would treat me special. So I was the first to be handed the forms and they called one of the guards to find us a place in the interview hall to sit and fill the form whilst others were asked to stay outside and fill the forms. They asked my husband to fill it on my behalf. My husband filled the form and went and paid $819x2($1,638) in cedis (GH¢2,457).Members don’t be disappointed, because we couldn’t raise enough cash to pay for my baby because we paid huge hospital bills the previous week and did not want to postpone the interview.
After the payment, we were asked to sit. All this while, no DV applicant had entered the interview hall apart from my husband and I. having waited for about 25mins, The Ghanaian who came with the white man to talk to us outside, called my husband (beneficiary) to present our documents. When the documents were given to the man, he gave my husband back most of the documents(copy of the police certificates, all my educational certificates except my SSSCE(WAEC),all my husband’s certificates, photocopy of my husband’s passport etc).
When my husband was presenting the document, this is what transpired between the man (not a consular officer) and my husband.
Man: are u ready to answer questions on behalf of your wife?
Husband: Yes
Man: When did u marry?
Husband: ## Jan 20##
Man: Where do you live?
Husband: #########
Man: Do you have pictures of your marriage ceremony?
My husband came and picked our album full of pictures of our traditional marriage, pre marital pictures and post marital pictures.
Man: Opened two or three pages. Go and sit down and help stop your baby from crying. The consular officer will call your wife for the actual interview.
Husband: Thank you.
We sat for sometime and were called again to come and take the finger prints. We did, and came to sit again.
We sat for about 30min (at this point the baby had stopped crying). Then, I heard my name to report at window 5.
The baby started crying
CO: Good morning.
US: Good Morning Sir,
CO: Give the baby to your husband and put your middle finger on that machine
Me: I did
CO: Gentleman, give the baby to your wife and put your middle finger on the machine
Husband: did it.
He took finger prints of our middle fingers
CO: Before I start the interview I want to ask this question, would like to go with the baby or leave her behind?
Me: I would like to go with her but I don’t have the fee. So I will go, settle down and come for her.
CO: Note that your can only come her after 5 years.
Me: Ok
CO: Give the baby to your husband
He asked my husband to sit
CO: So, u r a …………?
Me: Yes
CO: do you give vaccinations?
CO: What vaccinations?
Me:######, #######, ######
CO: how long have you been doing this job?
Me: 2 years
CO: When did you marry?
Me:## Jan 20##
CO: Is the man who was here the father of your child?
He smiled
CO: Do you have a picture of you when you were pregnant?
(He had already opened that picture in the album)
CO: so r u the one standing there?
CO: Congratulations, You’ve passed; give me your phone number.
Me: Thank u, Thank u, and Thank u.
He gave a blue sheet with my name, collection date and time on it
Though I got married after entering the lottery, he did not ask my husband any questions.
I collected the visa collection sheet, took my bag, started smiling and moved towards my husband. Other applicant started congratulating me.
Now a big shout, America here we come. Oooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
My prayer
My lord, the way you did for me, I pray that you do same unto my forum members.
Let the forum members who are yet to go for their interview, to have it much easier than mine, In Jesus Name.
Amen.

Ranaty2002’s Experience
My interview was schedule for 8am. I got to the embassy around 6:30am. Since work at d embassy had not started, we waited under a tree where other Visa applicants were. My husband rushed to a breakfast joint to get me hot cocoa drink and bread.
About 7:30am, the guards at the embassy called us to form a queue. We were about 56th and 57th in the queue. One of the security men started inspecting our appointment letters. When he got to me, I told him I had a new baby so he allowed me to jump the queue. so I was the first DV applicant to enter the embassy’s compound but my husband was asked to stay behind to go through security checks. Finally, my husband joined me in the main compound. We waited till when all the DV applicants entered. For about 25min waiting, a white American and a Ghanaian came to talk to the DV applicants. The white man spoke to us about the instructions, how one could postpone the interview, the consequences of presenting fake documents and how one is qualified i.e. either by education or by job experience.
He made us aware that the easiest way to qualify is by education and that we needed 5 passes (E) including English and Mathematics in SSSCE/WASSCE (WAEC). He said few people have been able to qualify with job. After all the talks, we were given two forms, one is to just thick the appropriate fields (married before the online registration, married after online entry, whether you have children or not, qualifying with education or job)and another to is fill in your name and number of people you want to pay for the visa.
My baby started crying as soon as the officers started talking to us. So the man said to me, because of the cry of my baby he would treat me special. So I was the first to be handed the forms and they called one of the guards to find us a place in the interview hall to sit and fill the form whilst others were asked to stay outside and fill the forms. They asked my husband to fill it on my behalf. My husband filled the form and went and paid $819x2($1,638) in cedis (GH¢2,457).Members don’t be disappointed, because we couldn’t raise enough cash to pay for my baby because we paid huge hospital bills the previous week and did not want to postpone the interview.
After the payment, we were asked to sit. All this while, no DV applicant had entered the interview hall apart from my husband and I. having waited for about 25mins, The Ghanaian who came with the white man to talk to us outside, called my husband (beneficiary) to present our documents. When the documents were given to the man, he gave my husband back most of the documents(copy of the police certificates, all my educational certificates except my SSSCE(WAEC),all my husband’s certificates, photocopy of my husband’s passport etc).
When my husband was presenting the document, this is what transpired between the man (not a consular officer) and my husband.
Man: are u ready to answer questions on behalf of your wife?
Man: When did u marry?
Husband: ## Jan 20##
Man: Where do you live?
Husband: #########
Man: Do you have pictures of your marriage ceremony?
My husband came and picked our album full of pictures of our traditional marriage, pre marital pictures and post marital pictures.
Man: Opened two or three pages. Go and sit down and help stop your baby from crying. The consular officer will call your wife for the actual interview.
Husband: Thank you.
We sat for sometime and were called again to come and take the finger prints. We did, and came to sit again.
We sat for about 30min (at this point the baby had stopped crying). Then, I heard my name to report at window 5.
The baby started crying
CO: Good morning.
US: Good Morning Sir,
CO: Give the baby to your husband and put your middle finger on that machine
Me: I did
CO: Gentleman, give the baby to your wife and put your middle finger on the machine
Husband: did it.
He took finger prints of our middle fingers
CO: Before I start the interview I want to ask this question, would like to go with the baby or leave her behind?
Me: I would like to go with her but I don’t have the fee. So I will go, settle down and come for her.
CO: Note that your can only come her after 5 years.
Me: Ok
CO: Give the baby to your husband
He asked my husband to sit
CO: So, u r a …………?
CO: do you give vaccinations?
CO: What vaccinations?
Me:######, #######, ######
CO: how long have you been doing this job?
Me: 2 years
CO: When did you marry?
Me:## Jan 20##
CO: Is the man who was here the father of your child?
He smiled
CO: Do you have a picture of you when you were pregnant?
(He had already opened that picture in the album)
CO: so r u the one standing there?
CO: Congratulations, You’ve passed; give me your phone number.
Me: Thank u, Thank u, and Thank u.
He gave a blue sheet with my name, collection date and time on it
Though I got married after entering the lottery, he did not ask my husband any questions.
I collected the visa collection sheet, took my bag, started smiling and moved towards my husband. Other applicant started congratulating me.
Now a big shout, America here we come. Oooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
My prayer
My lord, the way you did for me, I pray that you do same unto my forum members.
Let the forum members who are yet to go for their interview, to have it much easier than mine, In Jesus Name.
Amen.Amen

Last edited by a moderator:
my dear sister, it is the Lord's doing and it's marvelous in our sight. To God be the glory! Our case shall not be different! The Lord that did your will equally do it for the rest of us on this forum. Congrat to you and your family. Gudluck in the next step and God bless!

heavenborn
pls can you fill the form for your wife then she signs orshe must fill the form herself, i.e the form ds-230

hi moji, if you are the primary applicant, the only form you can sign is the dsp 122. The ds 230 would be signed by each person. This means that you and your wife will sign his and her form individually, while you can only sign for your under age child(ren). But the signing will be done on your interview day, in front of CO. Hope this helps! Gudluck and God bless!

heavenborn, ve always enjoyed ur contribution on the forum,
pls can u answer this question urgently
if I file for my wife must she fill the form herself or can i fill it for her then
she signs.pls did your wife fill her form herself.or u filled it for her, i mean in her handwriting........, as in
did u fill the forms seperately in ur individual handwriting.

wow ranaty to God be the glory.with God all things are possible.ur experience is really wow thanks b 2 God.u know at our first interview we took our marriage certificate and pictures of e marriage.didnt discover this forum early but all e same am learnin a lot now.apart from the pictures u didnt take anything else.for e 2nd interview we would take our courtship emails nd an insurance policy we v and more pictures.what do u think ranaty.thanks for ur experience

@ deepope. Hi, the Ds 230 form is filled electronically, i.e print or type. You are not allowed to use hand written. But if you need to print/type on the form, anyone can fill. The forms are to be signed at your interview day. Gudluck and God bless!