• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery Website Down??

dodge2005

Registered Users (C)
Hiiii

I am trying to lodge a lottery submission but upon entering the details on the first page and when i click on "continue", i get IE displaying error "Internet Explorer Cannot display the webpage"

This also happens when i try to do the photo validation. I tried from my other laptop and did same thing....All other webpages work fine for me. I can even get the first page of www.dvlottery.state.gov fine but cant lodge submission after that. I also tried firefox and both SSL method and non SSL method

Is the DV Lottery Website down??? Please advise

Thanks

You have left it too late. This is why you should do your entries as soon as possible. The last day is almost impossible to get into the website, as there are thousands of people trying to do the same and the website can only accommodate a certain number of entries at any given time. At times the website goes down due to the 'overload'.

You have left it too late. This is why you should do your entries as soon as possible. The last day is almost impossible to get into the website, as there are thousands of people trying to do the same and the website can only accommodate a certain number of entries at any given time. At times the website goes down due to the 'overload'.

Finally i managed to lodge the applications....Pheww

The reason why it got left so late was coz i just came back to my country (US) literally today..from another country. And i had like 5 Postal mails waiting from my relatives wanting me to lodge it for them.

As i suspected it was probably IE 7.0 o my PC or a combination of my firewall (even though i disabled it).

So i rushed to Work and of course it worked just fine with no sign of overloading the server whatsoever!

BUT the Photo validation link is not working, it just times out.

Anyways Entry went thru 10 Hrs before deadline ...Pheww

Cheers

I had the same thing. I'm not very techno-savvy but when I tried to apply on our wireless connected laptop I kept getting that same message, over and over again, various times of the day. I tried it on our desktop which is connected directly to the modem and it was fine. Photo Validator worked great. The application worked great. Went back to the laptop to try the 2nd application (husband's) and same thing, that error message. In fact, just tried it again, from my laptop - error message.

Same IE on both, but the desktop has the firewall disabled. Maybe that's it? I dunno, I find PC problems such a pain. You could spend hours trying to figure out why.

Good luck everyone.

I had the same thing. I'm not very techno-savvy but when I tried to apply on our wireless connected laptop I kept getting that same message, over and over again, various times of the day. I tried it on our desktop which is connected directly to the modem and it was fine. Photo Validator worked great. The application worked great. Went back to the laptop to try the 2nd application (husband's) and same thing, that error message. In fact, just tried it again, from my laptop - error message.

Same IE on both, but the desktop has the firewall disabled. Maybe that's it? I dunno, I find PC problems such a pain. You could spend hours trying to figure out why.

Good luck everyone.

I finally had to disable my whole Internet Security Suite - kaspersky
and then it seemed to work fine even though Photo Validation was intermittently not working. Although last year everything was smoothly working with my same PC.

I would say their website definitely has been revamped and their new implementation no doubt has caused problems.

Oh well what i am EXTREMELY happy about is the reference numbers given and that you can check back to see if you won or not. No more waiting in vain n hoping mail didnt get lost in Postal System.