• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery Re-draw Oct

Today I submitted DV2014 entry for me and my Spouse same day.Waiting for 22nd october redraw(DV-2013).
Wishing everyone Good Luck!

Well indeed my friend... Why then would they remove this date from their front page. It was there and we all know that.The question is if there would be one, why would they eventually delete this phrase from the site front page.i have no arguments, jus a debate on this situation.

Well indeed my friend mdawoodm... But Why then would they remove this date from their front page. It was there and we all know that.The question is if there would be one, why would they eventually delete this phrase from the site front page.i have no arguments, jus a debate on this situation.

Well indeed my friend mdawoodm... But Why then would they remove this date from their front page. It was there and we all know that.The question is if there would be one, why would they eventually delete this phrase from the site front page.i have no arguments, jus a debate on this situation.

You are right! no information pertaining to DV-2013 is on the main page anymore.....

I don't understand. When I go to their front page I see this phrase:

DV 2013 Entrants: Please keep your confirmation number until at least September 2013, even if you were not selected on May 1, 2012. The Department of State may select more DV 2013 entries on October 22, 2012 at noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4).

They clearly state they MAY select more entries next week. From what I understand these won't be "hidden" winners but new selections. And also notice that they say to keep your confirmation numbers til next year. It'd be wise to do that, even if you don't come up lucky next week. You never know.

I'm sure some selectees decide not to go through with it, i.e., after getting selected, they reckon the economic situation in the US is too risky for them, or personal circumstances change and they decide not to pursue the opportunity. I know, and know of, several people like that. Even our family and friends have questioned us as to whether we're wise to move to the US, given its shaky financials. I've also heard of several instances of people who just applied on a whim, for fun, to see what would happen and they have no intention of pursuing it even after being selected.

KCC probably has started to get a good idea of the number of serious contenders at this point because I'm sure the bulk of us have at least sent in their forms by this point.

Then they have to take into account that a certain percentage of people who do go ahead with the process fail to qualify for some reason. I'm sure they're churning these numbers around at this point and will make the decision to choose more, or not next week.

Good luck to everyone!

DV 2013 Entrants: Please keep your confirmation number until at least September 2013, even if you were not selected on May 1, 2012. The Department of State may select more DV 2013 entries on October 22, 2012 at noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4).

They clearly state they MAY select more entries next week. From what I understand these won't be "hidden" winners but new selections. And also notice that they say to keep your confirmation numbers til next year. It'd be wise to do that, even if you don't come up lucky next week. You never know.

I'm sure some selectees decide not to go through with it, i.e., after getting selected, they reckon the economic situation in the US is too risky for them, or personal circumstances change and they decide not to pursue the opportunity. I know, and know of, several people like that. Even our family and friends have questioned us as to whether we're wise to move to the US, given its shaky financials. I've also heard of several instances of people who just applied on a whim, for fun, to see what would happen and they have no intention of pursuing it even after being selected.

KCC probably has started to get a good idea of the number of serious contenders at this point because I'm sure the bulk of us have at least sent in their forms by this point.

Then they have to take into account that a certain percentage of people who do go ahead with the process fail to qualify for some reason. I'm sure they're churning these numbers around at this point and will make the decision to choose more, or not next week.

Good luck to everyone!

While this makes sense to me, and I think of this as well. I think that ever since they stopped mailing notification letters, a lot of people don't even know they have won, besides those who do not pursue this opportunity. It's easy to have lost your confirmation number. So assuming this, they've received probably less forms than in previous years, so they want to select more winners in order to issue all the 50k visas.

One question though...

Why such slow processing then for October, November and December? Won't you want to issue visas for the people who have already submitted the forms ASAP, and THEN handle the new winners? At this rate, even some people selected on May 1st may not get a shot due to a high case number...

As we get closer to the 'possible' second draw, and just because we are in the middle of the next lottery application process, I thought I would post once again! my favourite inspiring "welcome to the USA" video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWQzvhE5enw

Best if you have sound to listen as well.

All the best everyone

Q

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm....how interesting.

I checked my status this morning and all reference to another possible draw in October is now gone. It was there previous to today.

Q

I just checked my status now, still says "More entries will be selected in early October 2012, so please keep your confirmation information until at least that time." Odd if yours has changed. I cleared my browser cache and still saw the same sentence.

Yep - I saw the message next time around. It hasn't changed. Still good!

Thanks slash-dot

:)

Gawd, Qewty, I just watched it and I'm in tears!!! It was pretty neat to see places I've lived and visited!

Sukie

Gawd, Qewty, I just watched it and I'm in tears!!! It was pretty neat to see places I've lived and visited!

Sukie

I know that clip is deemed by some as pretty cheesy, but I absolutely love it. There are about three like this, one just called "I am America" I think, but I love this one the most. I also identify some of the places in it, and it just lifts my spirits some days :)

As much as there are a lot of things needing help in America, there is also a lot right about it - and I think this clip shows some of that; the people and the places.

Fingers are crossed for you and yours on Oct 22.

Q

Last edited by a moderator:

Good luck to everyone!

They clearly state they MAY select more entries next week. From what I understand these won't be "hidden" winners but new selections.
There very well might be "hidden" winners since what criteria would the use to select new "winners" not to mention the additional workload of verifying if the new selectees do not have disqualifying factors which is akin to a redraw.The easier bet would be to always have hidden winners.

While this makes sense to me, and I think of this as well. I think that ever since they stopped mailing notification letters, a lot of people don't even know they have won, besides those who do not pursue this opportunity. It's easy to have lost your confirmation number. So assuming this, they've received probably less forms than in previous years, so they want to select more winners in order to issue all the 50k visas.

One question though...

Why such slow processing then for October, November and December? Won't you want to issue visas for the people who have already submitted the forms ASAP, and THEN handle the new winners? At this rate, even some people selected on May 1st may not get a shot due to a high case number...

So assuming this, they've received probably less forms than in previous years, so they want to select more winners in order to issue all the 50k visas.
I dont concur reason being the slow movement of CNs in the bulletin.If the response by selectees were poor,the numbers would move faster but as we can see,that's not the case thus the the slow advancement of cases.

One question though...

Why such slow processing then for October, November and December? Won't you want to issue visas for the people who have already submitted the forms ASAP, and THEN handle the new winners? At this rate, even some people selected on May 1st may not get a shot due to a high case number..
yep,& I'm one of them but I 'm optimistic I'll get my shot @ the visa:D:D

few minutes ago the lottery website was down but it got back again,what i have noticed is this :

DV-2013 entrants (those who entered the DV lottery between October 3, 2011 and November 5, 2011) have until September 30, 2012 to check the status of their entry through this website. The DV-2013 registration period was from October 3, 2011, until November 5, 2011.

if you can notice they state september 30,2012 while it was september 30,2013 before,so what's really going on with this website?!

I noticed this last week.

Someone once said (don't remember who exactly) - Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do... :)

By the way, those who submit their form for the DV14 program got the message that they should keep their confirmation code until Sep 14

There very well might be "hidden" winners since what criteria would the use to select new "winners" not to mention the additional workload of verifying if the new selectees do not have disqualifying factors which is akin to a redraw.The easier bet would be to always have hidden winners.

I say that they will be new selections based on a Washington briefing I came across a while back. There were various people asking questions and one was this:

QUESTION: And one unrelated question: There was a notation on the DV website that the DV-2013 entrants should keep their confirmation numbers, as it is possible that more entries may be selected, October 1st – which is today – 2012, at noon as we speak. So can you comment on that?

MS. KING: For DV-2013?

QUESTION: Mm-hmm.

MS. KING: Okay. Yeah. If there are not enough qualified entrants – we always – we select more winners than the 50,000, because we know that not everybody is going to qualify, not everybody is even going to pursue the visa. And we hope that we select enough more that we get about what we need. But if we get to a point where we think we may not meet the 50,000, then we will go back and again randomly select more.​

Note the last sentence - they will go back and again randomly select more. I don't know, take it for what you will. Maybe she's just saying that because it's simpler to explain, than talk about "hidden" winners which would probably have the media & others asking too many questions. If they were really "hidden" winners, a better description would be "spares" or "substitutes" or something like that.

Source: http://fpc.state.gov/198409.htm

Thanks for the link !

From what Ms THURMOND said the following is still possible:
They already selected 105k but did not inform them all. In the past they just sent a letter. This year is the first time that people have to go back and check

"
So it is a practice we’ve done in the past, but this is the first time that people have to check back in to find out if they were selected as part of the second group.
"