• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery and B1/B2 Visa

Braveheart123

I have a B1/B2 visa that expires early 2010, if I enter for DV 2011 lottery can it affect me when I go to renew my visa early next year? Please I really like to know before entering for the lottery. Thanks in advance

Submitting an application is not an immigration intent, because it can be done by anybody in your name. (You can submit it from any public IP address.) Problems can start when you win and then send some paperwork to the KCC. So do not worry, there is no risk here.

Don't Worry..!!!

Before my H1B I entered in the lottery twice. During my H1B, 6 times, and during the 7th (1y renewal) I won.!! :D
Don't worry, go ahead and god luck.!!! :D

After being Denied on DV lottery, whats the risk to visit US with B1/B2 visa?
Any aspect regarding Dual intend presumption?
THAnk You

Submitting ds230 form is usually a show of immigrant intent. That is exremely difficult to get a B visa within several years after that.

Well, my situation now after Dv refusal, is:
I had ben B visa holder for 10 years (one renewal), more than ten trips to US during that period,
Im suppose to have a business meeting next week IN NYC.
How high is the risk to get hard time with custom borders?
Thank You.

Russian citizens get B visa for 3 years, ukrainian citizens for 5 years. That is the longest for former ussr countries. If you have had it for 10 years, you need a renewal, because second visa had to expire. 99.9% you will not be able to have it renewed.

Thanks you for your comments,
In your opinion, could I successfully pass BPO arriving to NYC next week after DV denial ?

He already said he is Columbian. and it doesnt matter when he got his previous visas. he applied for a green card, got denied so there is a high chance he will be refused entry to US.

before you travel you should also check if your B1/B2 visa didnt get cancelled.

I'm Colombian
1 visa 2005 Colombia
2 visa 2009 Moscow

How can I check if my visa was cancelled?

Sorry, i have a bad connection on my vacation in peru. I do not look up the thread from the beginning. I do what i remember.
Visa cannot be cancelled without a visa interview. Colombians get visas for 10 years, true.
Your visa is valid but there is a chance they will deny you an entry. Difficult to estimate the chance quantitatively. If i were you i would try to enter, but answer all questions truthfully.

Hello, how can I check if my visa is cancelled?

Hi Sech,

It's at the discretion of the U.S. immigration inspector that you will see when you arrive, should you chose to go. They have wide discretion in granting entry to the U.S. Whether or not you will be admitted depends also very much on why you were denied a Diversity Visa, which raises the next question, why were you denied a visa? Was it for anything serious?

hah Raevsky. of course visa can be cancelled. at the interview CO can DENY you a visa.
if you overstay your visa, for example, and come back to your country your visa, even though not expired yet, gets cancelled. another example. if you are in US on let's say J1 visa and try to change your status which is later denied your visa, even if still valid, gets cancelled. those are only two simple examples.

you try to pretend you know everything which becomes funny. "Colombians get visa for 10 years, true". Lol. They can get visa valid UP to 10 yrs. Doesnt mean all of them are given for such a long period of time. And that applies to every other country. You can get your b1/b2 visa for a year, two, three, five... 10. everything depends on your individual situation.

Last edited by a moderator: