DV GC from 2016 -- Can I apply for citizenship now? What's the process?

CrunchyChurro

I'm on a DV green card right now. Got it in April of 2016. I remember reading that you need 5 years of green card before you can get citizenship but that you can apply within the fourth year. Does this mean I can apply for citizenship this month? Can someone briefly walk me through the process or point me in the direction of some resources? Not sure what paperwork I need to fill out or when I should be doing this. Thanks in advance and apologies if I'm posting in the wrong area.

You can apply 90 days before reaching the 5-year mark. So, assuming you have not interrupted continuous residence, you can apply starting some time in January 2021.

You can file 90 days before the 5-year anniversary of the “resident since” date on your green card.
The details (forms, instructions etc) are here https://www.uscis.gov/n-400
If you file online the form kind of checks that you have everything you need, and flags any potential problems (such as physical presence requirements). Suggest you file a day or two after you technically can, some people have reported filing on first day possible but system shows it as day before = denial.