• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV fees - Info needed

nocturno

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,

I need your help.

Many talk about fee of USD 375. What does it stands for?
Also what I-485 form uses for?

When I received my 1st NL, I filed all forms needed according to instructions and sent them back to KCC along with my photo and bar code.

Now I should wait for 2nd NL, right?

But what about that fee and I-485? Should I do that also?

Thanks a lot for info!!!!

Cheers!!!

15.06.2009. Forms delivered to KCC
28.07.2009. KCC confirmed forms received

bentlebee thanx for assisting! As I could see, I-485 to be filed by person who is currently in USA wanting to apply for citizenship/permanent resident status and /or to adjust its status in the US. It is not for foreigner being selected for further steps in DV lottery, am I right?

As about AOS, do I have choice to do it or not?
If I do it, isn't it something my US sponsor should prepare or there is still something for me to do by my side and pay fees for?

Maybe I'm asking something which is self explanatory and thanks once again for help :)

Cheers!!!

I-485 is for the DV-lotery as well. Just read it a few times over...I did it myself and it is like you see and understand things better the more you carefully read it.

You don't have to do AOS, you can choose to do CP. AOS is higher in fees but if you add the tickets for flying back it will be cheaper...depending on where your flight will be going.

You should prepare everthing your self but if you have a sponsor he need to fill out the sponsore form part. You are responsible for every mistake in your papers even if you have a lawyer or you have some one else prepare it so check many times or let some one else look over them. My friend had one form filled out and thrown away 3 times.
According to the civil surgeon..she suggested that every paper that can be filled out on a computer is better than by hand to avoid writing/reading difficulties/errors.

In form I-485 are other forms mentioned that you need to fill out and don't forget to make copies so you know what you filled out and put them in a file.

You also have to incl. your medical sealed enveloppe when you decide to do AOS.

I-485 is for the DV-lotery as well. Just read it a few times over...I did it myself and it is like you see and understand things better the more you carefully read it.

You don't have to do AOS, you can choose to do CP. AOS is higher in fees but if you add the tickets for flying back it will be cheaper...depending on where your flight will be going.

You should prepare everthing your self but if you have a sponsor he need to fill out the sponsore form part. You are responsible for every mistake in your papers even if you have a lawyer or you have some one else prepare it so check many times or let some one else look over them. My friend had one form filled out and thrown away 3 times.
According to the civil surgeon..she suggested that every paper that can be filled out on a computer is better than by hand to avoid writing/reading difficulties/errors.

In form I-485 are other forms mentioned that you need to fill out and don't forget to make copies so you know what you filled out and put them in a file.

You also have to incl. your medical sealed enveloppe when you decide to do AOS.

You need to put across what you want to do before someone can offer any suggestions. Don't confuse yourself with Adjustment of Status (AOS) and Affidavit of Support (AOS). Adjustment of Status are for those who already resides in the US and wants to convert their immigration status to permanent resident through the dv lottery. The opposite is the Consular Processing (CP) where the winner choose to do the interview in their country of origin. On the other hand, Affidavit of Support are normally used by those who decides to do their interview in their home countries. The form I-134 are used for this process, and it serves as a financial guarantee that the assigned will offer financial support to the dv winner(s) when they migrate to the US (in order not to be a public charge).