• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Evidence of Support

MarkTea

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a GC interview in about about a week (US Embassy in Ireland), and don't have anybody to provide a statement of support in the US. I do, however, have about $20,000 in cash and stocks, and will remain in my current job for another few months before leaving to earn more money.

Does anyone have a view if this is enough to meet their requirements? The GC is just for me, and I have no dependent relatives.

Thanks!

It says that you need to provide a statement on how you will transfer these funds to the US. How should that be phrased?

Pumpkin_Head said:
It says that you need to provide a statement on how you will transfer these funds to the US. How should that be phrased?

what says that????????

MarkTea said:
Hi,

I have a GC interview in about about a week (US Embassy in Ireland), and don't have anybody to provide a statement of support in the US. I do, however, have about $20,000 in cash and stocks, and will remain in my current job for another few months before leaving to earn more money.

Does anyone have a view if this is enough to meet their requirements? The GC is just for me, and I have no dependent relatives.

Thanks!

since you speak English, and have a job, and your skills are most likely transferable, and you have $20K, you should be just fine. If you didn't have any of the above, then you'd have to find somebody to sign an affidavit of support for you. In any case, if a consular officer asks for an affidavit during an interview, you can always bring it later and then get you visa.

money and support

Hello.I from IRAN . I won 2006 lottery green card and my case number is : AS000047XX . I have mailed the forms 230 and 122 to KCC afew days before.
But I still have some problems .
I think that I can have about 5 or 6000$ . is it enough ?. if not will they reject me on interview date?
And can I show my another wealth like car , house and etc?
In my notification letter there is one thing that I must bring whit me on interview date and that says:

"Original Notarized Affidavit Of Support I-134
Completed carefully and Notarized , With All The Supporting
Documents . Please Read Instructions Very carefully On
Form I-134 . Or Personal Funds in The Forms OF Bank
Statements in U.S. Dollars Or U.A.E. Dirhams."

I don’t know that I must transfer this money to the united states or not? And would my money be blocked or not?
my another question is about "evidence of support" . do I must have this?

Please , please help and explain to me?
Thank you .
Bye.