• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv- Administratif proceessing at washington

medococo said:
hi

what is the missing documentation ?

yeah but the consular tols me that i need administrative processing & didnt tell me that my name gonna be checked ,,,,he said he dont know what kind of administrative process gonna be ....................

& did anyne try to cal lthis number of the department of state ??

The missing documentation is not related to administrative processing, it refers to a police certificate from another country where I lived.

As for name check, administrative processing, etc., they are all the same thing:

Administrative Processing = Name Check = Background Check = Security Clearance

Once a month, I would call the embassy and ask for a status update. That way, they won't forget about you. At least, that's what the consular officer told me to do.

i am sending emails to them ,,,,do u think this is enough or i should call them ?

there is also a no. for the department of state in d.c. "2026631225"

there is also email for inquries fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov

for visas inquiries ........

di anyone try any?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you received any replies to your e-mails? Where is your embassy/consulate? If you have a phone number for your embassy/consulate, I would call them and request a status update.

The number you gave, +1 (202)-663-1225, is just the visa information line at the Department of State. I called them and they referred me to KCC, who in turn referred me to the embassy I applied at. At this stage, your best point of contact is your embassy. They are the only ones who can request expedited processing of your case, according to an immigration attorney I spoke to.

hi

i contacted the fbi on 2023243000 ,,they said that they dont have an online status information & they asked me to contact the uscis

on 8003755283,,,i think the uscis will give some help

i really call them ,,,,did any on do it ?

I'm afraid you received incorrect information. US bureaucracy is no different than bureaucracy elsewhere! It is not surprising really, since the FBI is a different agency and many of their employees will know next to nothing about immigration laws.

The USCIS doesn't deal with lottery cases, except for those cases where the applicant is already in the US and chooses to go through adjustment of status. Since you were/are not in the US, your only choice was to apply at an embassy and, as I've said several times before, you need to contact your embassy for a status update.

hi friend

i dont know ,,,but the us department of state also asked me to contact the uscis if i wanna ask about immigration issues

try to call them ,,i will do the same

As I mentioned in a previous post, I already called the US Department of State, and they were of no help (no surprise here, most employees are not familiar with immigration laws). I suggest you stop wasting your time trying to contact some one in the US and try to get a status update from your embassy.

Have you attempted to contact your embassy about your case recently? You still haven't told us.

hi

i already contacted the embassy ,,,they keep saying ,,,we sent ur paper to d.c. but we still didnt get a response ,,,so my case is pending

but they dont say the meaning of administrative processing

medococo said:
hi

i already contacted the embassy ,,,they keep saying ,,,we sent ur paper to d.c. but we still didnt get a response ,,,so my case is pending

but they dont say the meaning of administrative processing
My advice would be to ask them for a status update every month or so. After 3 months, increase the frequency to every two weeks and explain that you have already waited 3 months and that you are concerned about meeting the 30 September 2007 deadline and if they can request expedited processing.

I have spoken to two different immigration attorneys here and they say that for cases like ours only the US Embassy (Department of State) can make a request for expedited processing. This agrees with information I found at the FBI website:

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/nationalnamecheck.htm
http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm

In my case, I received an e-mail reply from the embassy that they are still waiting for clearance from the Department of State. So, I am in the same situation as you. We have no other choice than to be patient and ask for regular updates.

hi friend

i will do this ........iam sending them emails ,,do u think its ok or i should make calls better ?

i'll keep in touch with u & all in this thread & the one who get any response should notify the others about it

medococo said:
hi friend

i will do this ........iam sending them emails ,,do u think its ok or i should make calls better ?

i'll keep in touch with u & all in this thread & the one who get any response should notify the others about it
At this stage I would think it better to e-mail than to call since calls take up more of their time.

As soon as I receive any news, I will post it to this thread.

Every body

medococo said:
hi casawi4ever

did u get any response from the embassy

u didnt write for long time

I think you should use an address, so that we can differentiate your country and know how to respond. it is also good to quote so that it will be a thread whihc the forum is and people can quite understand

For the guy whose passport was returned to him, I think you should call the US embassy in your country to find out, when they stamped application received, it may be a rejection, but pls call them to find out

hi bahadur007 & casawi4ever

i found some contacts to fbi agency

someone publiched them
FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000
FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625
FBI NNCP Public Inquiry Voice Line (202) 324 2399
FBI Name Check Inquiry Fax (202) 324-3367 (Mention Name/DOB/A#/Ph#/Addr#/Email/Fax)
FBI NNCP Analyst Diane Berger – (202) 324 0680 (Do not nag the analysts)
FBI NNCP Supervisor Renee Morton – Call the FBI main line and ask for this person.
FOIPA Contact Person Debbie Beatty (202) 324 6182
FOIPA Fax Inquiry (202)-324-3752
William Hooton – Asst Director RMD Office – (202)-324-7129 (Use as a last measure only)
.................................................................................
did u try to contact one of those ?

I called the US Embassy and asked for a status update. They said they did receive the outstanding police certificate, but they are still waiting for the clearance from Washington. They suggested I call back once a month to stay on top of things.