• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2023

I read the instructions and it seems fine but was wondering if anyone had seen or experienced this before: my passport expires in March 2022, so it will be valid for my application, but expired before the draw in May. It will be renewed before DS260/interview/etc, and I know that renewal of passports is ok, I'm just concerned if it expiring before the draw will make my entry ineligible? It appears that it only has to be valid as of the submission date?
This is explained in the instructions. FAQ 13.

I have a question. to participate in the dv 2023 program do children also need to passport?
Thanks

Hello is it allowed to apply when you’re not in your home country. Specifically, if you’re on holiday in the states…

Hello is it allowed to apply when you’re not in your home country. Specifically, if you’re on holiday in the states…
Answered in the instructions, faq 10.

Yes, an entrant may apply while in the United States or another country. An entrant may submit an entry from any location.

Please ensure you read the instructions properly before entering.

Hello, I have another question concerning my name again. In my current passport, my name is spelt as Htei Wai and when I renew my passport next year, it will be changed to Tai Wei, due to the spelling differing from the national language pronunciation. Do you think it will cause issues with the application process later on?
You do realize it is a lottery, right? You need to get selected first come May 2022. No point in trying to solve or address a situation that hasn’t even happened.

You do realize it is a lottery, right? You need to get selected first come May 2022. No point in trying to solve or address a situation that hasn’t even happened.
I realized that and deleted it two minutes after posting. I have no idea how you are still able to answer that lol.

I cannot believe that it's already 3rd time I'm entering the lottery since I won and my faith is still not decided.

Has any one had difficulty submitting their entries today? I've been trying to do it for the last 6hrs but I keep getting the message that "unable to reach the site" when I click to go to the second page after filling my biodata and passport details. I've tried using different browsers and different wifi options but I keep getting the same message.
I am still able to visit other websites with no issues.
Could anyone please tell me what might be the problem or solution to this issue.

Has any one had difficulty submitting their entries today? I've been trying to do it for the last 6hrs but I keep getting the message that "unable to reach the site" when I click to go to the second page after filling my biodata and passport details. I've tried using different browsers and different wifi options but I keep getting the same message.
I am still able to visit other websites with no issues.
Could anyone please tell me what might be the problem or solution to this issue.
@Katoto_ka_mama

I was having the same issue. I have seen it suggested in other threads to try using private/incognito mode. I tried it and was able to successfully submit my entry today.

All the best :)

And here we go again - maybe 18th time lucky? :D
AOebqaK.png

Good luck to all!

Just under 48h left - if you were thinking of applying, do it now before the website gets slow.