• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Hey guys! Congratulations on your interviews/visas! My interview is in Sydney next week and I'm so anxious I've missed a document or something. Do you happen to have a list of all the documents they asked for? I completed my medical on Thursday and they had "forgotten" to let me know they needed a few documents which sent me into a spiral of worrying about next week.

Thanks & congrats again!
miki x

@SusieQQQ thanks I've already gone through this with a fine tooth comb, I was more so asking if there was anything outside this list the Syd Consulate may have asked for that I could be prepared for. Thanks for responding though

@SusieQQQ thanks I've already gone through this with a fine tooth comb, I was more so asking if there was anything outside this list the Syd Consulate may have asked for that I could be prepared for. Thanks for responding though
The person you asked went to Suva not Sydney :p (I was also Suva). But assuming theyre the same (all should be pretty much) its basically everything listed like Susie said.

Academic stuff (year 12/uni + transcripts), Passport, Police Certs, Birth cert, Medical report, US Passport style photos. This is all the main ones, and then anything extra you want to take in case they ask like bank statements to prove finances etc.

Very easy. Took the U.S residents line and the immigration officer opened the envelopes, checked everything was in order and said "You're good to go - welcome to the United States". As long as nothing is flagged in previous history it's a 5 minute pass through.
Amazing!!! I booked my flight via Hawaii today!!! ❤️

Hi everyone - quick question - do we need to pay the UCSIS fee after getting our passport? Or is it part of the fees we pay at the interview?

Hey guys! Congratulations on your interviews/visas! My interview is in Sydney next week and I'm so anxious I've missed a document or something. Do you happen to have a list of all the documents they asked for? I completed my medical on Thursday and they had "forgotten" to let me know they needed a few documents which sent me into a spiral of worrying about next week.

Thanks & congrats again!
miki x
Hey Miki,

Our interview was in Sydney in June the documents we were asked for were:

- Passport
- Birth Certificate
- High School Certificate (husband also had uni degree)
- Police Certificate/s
- Marriage Certificate
We had all orginals plus 1 photocopy of each

- US Passport Photo x2
- Medical
- 1 large express post satchel pre addressed

They allowed us to enter 15 mins before our appointment time and we were there for a total of 1 hour. After the first lady collected the documents and we paid the fee, the CO only took our fingerprints and asked us if we had been in trouble with the law before advising us we were approved.

Good luck and hope that helps!

Maddi

I have an important question.

What happens with Medicare?

If we travel to Hawaii for a short trip (2-3 weeks) to activate our visa, when we return to Australia are we no longer eligible for Medicare?

Having Australian citizenship, are we still considered residents of Australia until we make the big final move? Or does the fact DV is an immigrant visa with permanent residency mean we all automatically lose eligibility to certain things and residency status in Australia the instant it’s activated, regardless of if we’re technically still living in Australia for the next 11 months.

I’m quite confused.

Popping up to say - Suva apparently still has interview spots for anyone who's not been scheduled by Sydney and wants to make a last-ditch effort!

I was able to get in for August 29th and they've been phenomenal (as per usual) with response times and clear communication.

I have an important question.

What happens with Medicare?

If we travel to Hawaii for a short trip (2-3 weeks) to activate our visa, when we return to Australia are we no longer eligible for Medicare?

Having Australian citizenship, are we still considered residents of Australia until we make the big final move? Or does the fact DV is an immigrant visa with permanent residency mean we all automatically lose eligibility to certain things and residency status in Australia the instant it’s activated, regardless of if we’re technically still living in Australia for the next 11 months.

I’m quite confused.
Yes you are still covered when you get back from your short trip. As far as I remember you are eligible for Medicare for 5 years after moving overseas (as long as you have a valid Medicare card) and may re enrol upon returning to living in Australia. I’ve been living in the US for almost three years and used Medicare on a recent trip back. We are so lucky in Australia

Hey Miki,

Our interview was in Sydney in June the documents we were asked for were:

- Passport
- Birth Certificate
- High School Certificate (husband also had uni degree)
- Police Certificate/s
- Marriage Certificate
We had all orginals plus 1 photocopy of each

- US Passport Photo x2
- Medical
- 1 large express post satchel pre addressed

They allowed us to enter 15 mins before our appointment time and we were there for a total of 1 hour. After the first lady collected the documents and we paid the fee, the CO only took our fingerprints and asked us if we had been in trouble with the law before advising us we were approved.

Good luck and hope that helps!

Maddi
This is amazing!! Thanks Maddi <3

Just an FYI, spent the morning calling around trying to book my medical and the panel physicians in both Victoria and NSW don't have any appointments available before the sept 30 cut-off so I've had to book mine in Perth (I'm from Melbourne). They have quite a few appointments available at the moment for September but that's likely to change soon so get in asap if you are trying to book your medical.

Yes you are still covered when you get back from your short trip. As far as I remember you are eligible for Medicare for 5 years after moving overseas (as long as you have a valid Medicare card) and may re enrol upon returning to living in Australia. I’ve been living in the US for almost three years and used Medicare on a recent trip back. We are so lucky in Australia
Thank you. Great to know! Very lucky indeed.

So it sounds like we should all be renewing our Medicare cards before heading over to the US, to ensure they stay valid for the full 5 years. My current Medicare card expiry is only to 2024.

Thank you. Great to know! Very lucky indeed.

So it sounds like we should all be renewing our Medicare cards before heading over to the US, to ensure they stay valid for the full 5 years. My current Medicare card expiry is only to 2024.
Are you able to do this? After looking into it this morning as well it seems they only send you a new one 4-8 weeks before your current one expires. It says you can replace your card if is lost/stolen but I assume theyd send you one with the same expiration date. Not sure if there is a way we can request a new one to restart the 5 years (I assume you can't explain to them its because you're moving given the point of medicare is for residents so it would be abusing the system a bit). If you find out though please update us! Mine expires in early 2025 so would love to renew it before moving as well.

Are you able to do this? After looking into it this morning as well it seems they only send you a new one 4-8 weeks before your current one expires. It says you can replace your card if is lost/stolen but I assume theyd send you one with the same expiration date. Not sure if there is a way we can request a new one to restart the 5 years (I assume you can't explain to them its because you're moving given the point of medicare is for residents so it would be abusing the system a bit). If you find out though please update us! Mine expires in early 2025 so would love to renew it before moving as well.
Could you change your renewal/Medicare address to one where you have a relative etc that can receive your card?

CEAC visa status got updated to ISSUED today! Not long now till I have my passport and visa in hand :D

It's been a long and sometimes nerve-wracking journey from start to (nearly at the) finish and I want to thank everyone on this forum that took time out of their day to read and reply to my posts, as well as provide information for others which helped me out overall. It's also been a pleasure to read up about all your experiences of the process as well - it definitely makes me feel like we are all in this together! A big thank you to @Britsimon @SusieQQQ and @Sm1smom for their expertise and assistance not only for DV22, but previous and subsequent years too. You are invaluable to this forum and all lottery winners past, present and future.

I'm planning on sticking around to see how it all goes for the rest of you lovely people in DV22 and will probably be nosy when it comes to DV23 as well! Best of luck to all winners who have their upcoming interviews/medicals etc!

Q: Are there any facebook groups/telegram groups for OC winners who are in the US? Would be nice to connect with some of the other DV22 winners, especially as I won't know anyone in the US when I make the move!

Thanks y'all!

CEAC visa status got updated to ISSUED today! Not long now till I have my passport and visa in hand :D

It's been a long and sometimes nerve-wracking journey from start to (nearly at the) finish and I want to thank everyone on this forum that took time out of their day to read and reply to my posts, as well as provide information for others which helped me out overall. It's also been a pleasure to read up about all your experiences of the process as well - it definitely makes me feel like we are all in this together! A big thank you to @Britsimon @SusieQQQ and @Sm1smom for their expertise and assistance not only for DV22, but previous and subsequent years too. You are invaluable to this forum and all lottery winners past, present and future.

I'm planning on sticking around to see how it all goes for the rest of you lovely people in DV22 and will probably be nosy when it comes to DV23 as well! Best of luck to all winners who have their upcoming interviews/medicals etc!

Q: Are there any facebook groups/telegram groups for OC winners who are in the US? Would be nice to connect with some of the other DV22 winners, especially as I won't know anyone in the US when I make the move!

Thanks y'all!
Congratulations.

Could you change your renewal/Medicare address to one where you have a relative etc that can receive your card?
Unfortunately not in my case, my family is very... honest, they would never let someone put their address as their residential address if they weren't living there :p Ill do some more research on the weekend and see if I can find a way and will update if I find anything. When it comes to renewal time how do they know to not just auto send out a new one?

I don't think there's any specifically for OC winners but there are a few for different areas based on where you are living. Aussies in LA, Aussies In NY etc if you are looking for a way to meet other Aussies over there in general (of course within those groups you'll find some DV winners). Where were you planning on moving to and when? Best bet would just be figuring out who else is going to be in your area and connecting via DMs/WhatsApp :) Im heading to LA in October (Majority of us that I met are like a 50/50 split between LA/NY).

Unfortunately not in my case, my family is very... honest, they would never let someone put their address as their residential address if they weren't living there :p Ill do some more research on the weekend and see if I can find a way and will update if I find anything. When it comes to renewal time how do they know to not just auto send out a new one?

I don't think there's any specifically for OC winners but there are a few for different areas based on where you are living. Aussies in LA, Aussies In NY etc if you are looking for a way to meet other Aussies over there in general (of course within those groups you'll find some DV winners). Where were you planning on moving to and when? Best bet would just be figuring out who else is going to be in your area and connecting via DMs/WhatsApp :) Im heading to LA in October (Majority of us that I met are like a 50/50 split between LA/NY).
Interesting take. I didn’t see it as an issue of honesty. I changed all of my mail/acounts Including Medicare and the ATO to go to my parents house when I moved over to the US. That way mail wouldn’t go to my last place of residence as I was going to receive some mail correspondence after I moved away. Tax time etc in the year after I left. The fact that I changed Medicare address may work in my favor if they automatically send my replacement card next year :p We will see.