• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Hi All,
Has anyone from fiji purchased tickets to US recently....what were the average rates???
Is it recommended to buy tickets online from booking.com as tickets are much cheaper or direct from airlines....thnx

Hi everyone!

My case number is OC24xx (current as of this month) and unlike most people I'm currently in the US on an E-3 visa.

My lawyers have informed me today that I cannot file for an Adjustment of Status as I had a work trip to Canada at the end of May and there is a 90 day window for when you enter the US and when you can file for an AoS. This obviously creates some conflict as I was hoping to process everything stateside. My question for the geniuses on this forum is:

1. Should I submit a DS-260 and go down the consular processing route or should I give up and stay on my E-3 visa?
2. If I do submit a DS-260, what are the chances that I get an appointment in Sydney and have my GC issues before 9/30?
3. Any ideas whether submitting the DS-260 would jeopardize my future E-3 renewals? I'm currently on the fourth E-3 so I've been in the US for a whole now.

Special thanks to @Britsimon and his resources.

Thanks everyone!

Hi everyone!

My case number is OC24xx (current as of this month) and unlike most people I'm currently in the US on an E-3 visa.

My lawyers have informed me today that I cannot file for an Adjustment of Status as I had a work trip to Canada at the end of May and there is a 90 day window for when you enter the US and when you can file for an AoS. This obviously creates some conflict as I was hoping to process everything stateside. My question for the geniuses on this forum is:

1. Should I submit a DS-260 and go down the consular processing route or should I give up and stay on my E-3 visa?
2. If I do submit a DS-260, what are the chances that I get an appointment in Sydney and have my GC issues before 9/30?
3. Any ideas whether submitting the DS-260 would jeopardize my future E-3 renewals? I'm currently on the fourth E-3 so I've been in the US for a whole now.

Thanks everyone!
Thr 90 day rule doesn’t actually exist. Suggest you examine the spreadsheet in the first post of the AOS thread if you’re serious about AOS. https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2022-aos-adjustment-of-status-only.344334/

Hi everyone!

Thanks everyone!
In addition to what Susie already said above, should you decide to process via AOS, highly recommend you do so without involving your lawyers whom I'm guessing are not familiar with DV based AOS process.

Thr 90 day rule doesn’t actually exist. Suggest you examine the spreadsheet in the first post of the AOS thread if you’re serious about AOS.

In addition to what Susie already said above, should you decide to process via AOS, highly recommend you do so without involving your lawyers whom I'm guessing are not familiar with DV based AOS process.

Thanks for the replies - you'd think that lawyers allegedly specializing in employment-based visas would have the necessary expertise!
Based on the timelines and the upcoming 9/30 deadline, what would be the best chances of obtaining a GC? AoS or Consular Processing? I've already sent the $330 fee to the US Dept of State of AoS so just waiting on that receipt to arrive back.

Thanks for the replies - you'd think that lawyers allegedly specializing in employment-based visas would have the necessary expertise!
Based on the timelines and the upcoming 9/30 deadline, what would be the best chances of obtaining a GC? AoS or Consular Processing? I've already sent the $330 fee to the US Dept of State of AoS so just waiting on that receipt to arrive back.
They most likely have the necessary expertise for employment based AOS, which is completely different from the expertise required for DV based AOS applications. Most immigration lawyers have no knowledge of DV based AOS application process because only about 5% or less of DV selectees process AOS, and majority of those 5% self process. So totally makes sense for most immigration lawyers to have no expertise in that area.

I cannot tell you what your chances are with AOS or CP, each of those two has it's own hiccup to contend with. Now, seeing as you've already made the administrative fee payment (in addition to not submitting the DS260 form, I believe), it seems to me you've decided to go the AOS route. That being the case, I recommend you spend some quality time going over the AOS Process Spreadsheet to enhance your understanding of the process, then post subsequent AOS related questions on the DV2022 AOS Only Thread, in addition to going over the thread itself. Once you have a decent grasp of the steps involved, start putting your documents/forms together, in readiness for mailing your AOS package. You should also review the DV2022 AOS Timelines Spreadsheet to get an idea of fellow AOSers timeline.

Hi, I did and once the NZ police had processed it I received an email with the following:
"Thank you for your email.
We confirm that your Visa vetting request has been processed.
Your Visa vetting results have been sent, via email, to the US Consulate General in Auckland AucklandIV@state.gov).
The US Consulate General in Auckland is then responsible for forwarding the results to the relevant embassy or consulate, or to the National Visa Centre as required."

you should receive the same once yours has been processed and then you will be able to email the Auckland embassy to make sure it is forwarded on to the correct embassy you need it at
Hey I'm just about to apply for the NZ Visa Vetting request. In the part where it asks which country/relevant consulate could I put Suva US Consulate. Email: SuvaIV@state.gov being that my interview will be in Suva, Fiji or will it automatically get sent to Auckland?

Hey I'm just about to apply for the NZ Visa Vetting request. In the part where it asks which country/relevant consulate could I put Suva US Consulate. Email: SuvaIV@state.gov being that my interview will be in Suva, Fiji or will it automatically get sent to Auckland?
I just did mine and nominated the Suva embassy, but they are all still sent to Auckland regardless.

Hi, for those of us who have had their visa approved does anyone have any insight on:
1. How long it typically takes for a GC to be recieved at supplied address - assuming the fee is paid for before arrival in US. I am trying to work out how much time I need to stay in the US to receive it before leaving to settle my affairs
2. Getting a SSN before entering the US. I have enquired with the Federal Benefits Unit in London if possible but I have not heard back yet on whether it is possible.
Thanks

Hi everyone!

Thanks everyone!

Mom is the expert on AOS, so take her advice over a lawyer every day of the week.

As for whether there is time to process CP. Basically no. The final interviews for September are scheduled in mid July - two or three weeks from now. It is highly unlikely that your DS260 would be process in time, and even if it did, the embassy queues are ordered by case number, so since your CN is almost the highest you would be at the back of the bus.

Hi, for those of us who have had their visa approved does anyone have any insight on:
1. How long it typically takes for a GC to be recieved at supplied address - assuming the fee is paid for before arrival in US. I am trying to work out how much time I need to stay in the US to receive it before leaving to settle my affairs
2. Getting a SSN before entering the US. I have enquired with the Federal Benefits Unit in London if possible but I have not heard back yet on whether it is possible.
Thanks
1. It varies. Could be anywhere between a couple of weeks to a couple of months.
2. Most definitely will not happen. You will not be issued with a SSN before you’ve become a LPR. And you’re not a LPR if you’ve not yet entered the US with your IV.

Thanks
To add to the answer above, re 1 you don’t need to get the physical green card before leaving (assuming you can trust whoever is at the receiving address to keep it for you or courier it to you). Your immigrant visa, once stamped (“endorsed”) on entry, becomes a temporary green card valid for one year. You can use it for any US purpose you need a green card for, including re-entry.

1. It varies. Could be anywhere between a couple of weeks to a couple of months.
2. Most definitely will not happen. You will not be issued with a SSN before you’ve become a LPR. And you’re not a LPR if you’ve not yet entered the US with your IV.
Thanks for this information. Appreciate it.

To add to the answer above, re 1 you don’t need to get the physical green card before leaving (assuming you can trust whoever is at the receiving address to keep it for you or courier it to you). Your immigrant visa, once stamped (“endorsed”) on entry, becomes a temporary green card valid for one year. You can use it for any US purpose you need a green card for, including re-entry.
Great, good to have confirmed. Thank you.

Hi guys, @kplo @Groovy times
For nz police report I inquire to auckland embassy and i received the Auto mail which says that they will forward to nvc or specific embassy, but how do we know if they have forwarded to our relevant consulate.
This nz police certificate is literally giving me anxiety.

Attachments

• FB74D866-8FEE-4158-8984-F7B022129BF5.jpeg
    FB74D866-8FEE-4158-8984-F7B022129BF5.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 6