• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

My case is showing “ready” on ceac. How long does it take for embassy to notify you of the interview?
I am not sure about your case but mine is also "ready" and I never got any appointment information from KCC and the ESC page still show the initial selection letter, I would advise to proactively contact the embassy after you notice it ready for a few business days and ask for the appointment info.
My CN is EU though, EU2XXX

Now all that the Sydney OC selectees can do is sit back & watch Jesse do his thing, I thought it might be a good time to ask some advice on my situation.

I’m based in Sydney, but my country of chargability is NZ. I also have passports to the UK & Canada - is it feasible that I could be interviewed elsewhere if Sydney doesn’t come through?

I understand that the Covid situation could dictate whether this is even possible - currently I’m not sure anyone would let Aussies into their country anyway. We do have time for things to develop though - my wife is OC15xx & I’m OC24xx (we both got selected this year), so it’s not like we’re going current anytime soon.

I’m wondering if anyone has any advice regarding changing locations, how long the process takes and when should I time it? Also, which of the above options would most likely have capacity do you think - Auckland, London or Montreal? Are all the consulates functioning? I've heard stories about Auckland being closed because of Covid…

Yes contact KCC and the embassy to get your scheduled appointment details (Date and time)
Thank you Simon. I think to wait for few days as we near month end. Who knows 2nl will be issued in the end of month batch. Thank you for the insight. Stay safe and take care everyone. Keep sharing as this is a very great platform for selectees to prepare for their interviews. Cheers and Vinaka!!!

Now all that the Sydney OC selectees can do is sit back & watch Jesse do his thing, I thought it might be a good time to ask some advice on my situation.

I’m based in Sydney, but my country of chargability is NZ. I also have passports to the UK & Canada - is it feasible that I could be interviewed elsewhere if Sydney doesn’t come through?

I understand that the Covid situation could dictate whether this is even possible - currently I’m not sure anyone would let Aussies into their country anyway. We do have time for things to develop though - my wife is OC15xx & I’m OC24xx (we both got selected this year), so it’s not like we’re going current anytime soon.

I’m wondering if anyone has any advice regarding changing locations, how long the process takes and when should I time it? Also, which of the above options would most likely have capacity do you think - Auckland, London or Montreal? Are all the consulates functioning? I've heard stories about Auckland being closed because of Covid…
Not sure as to whats the best bet. But there has been lots of talk of the Auckland one closing down for a few months due to covid while Omicron goes through (and who knows what new variant by the time thats done). From others posting here over the past few months though it seems like London has been scheduling most of the aussies (even someone who wasnt actually current yet (though I think they have to contact the embassy to reschedule)). So London might be a good bet if you are planning to transfer. As for timing, not sure on this but I'd say at least before May since once DV23 kicks off, KCC will probably be back to taking weeks/months to reply.

Thank you Simon. I think to wait for few days as we near month end. Who knows 2nl will be issued in the end of month batch. Thank you for the insight. Stay safe and take care everyone. Keep sharing as this is a very great platform for selectees to prepare for their interviews. Cheers and Vinaka!!!
When u submitted ur ds260

Have a look at the posts last year by the user @brah99 in the “DV 2021 Oceania Selectees” discussion.

They were in a similar situation to you, ended up transferring case from Sydney to London and within days quit their job, sold their car, ended their lease and went over for the interview medical. Their hard work paid off and they got their visa. This was also during the time you needed permission to leave Australia.

UK is also dropping most of its restrictions for people arriving into the country, plus being a UK citizen that won’t be a problem for you anyway.

Good luck whatever you decide.

When u submitted ur ds260
Bula RFiji. Have you contacted the Suva embassy via email or phone to enquire about your case? I think that is the best thing to do as they are the ones scheduling and conducting the interviews. All the best. Vinaka.

Bula RFiji. Have you contacted the Suva embassy via email or phone to enquire about your case? I think that is the best thing to do as they are the ones scheduling and conducting the interviews. All the best. Vinaka.
No I havent as early in the morning I checked it says Ready but now it says At NVC

Thanks for your input Bris & OC2USA. I'll take a look at brah99's posts. London would be my last ditch option - a quick hop over to NZ would be so much easier, especially with scheduling medicals prior to interview. I'll have to do some research as to the timing of that process if it comes to it - I don't want to be away for more than a week or 2 tbh...

***Edit - wow looks like brah 99 pulled it off in a little over a month, from requesting a change, to getting the visa! London must be pretty efficient to schedule them in with just a couple of weeks notice.

Last edited: