• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Honestly this doesn't look good for anyone over 1450....so did the calculation as such....so according to this forum the highest CN=24×× so I am taking 2500 highest cn.....so lets do the calculation....
Selectee no#=2469
Highest CN= 2500

2469÷1.60=1544
OR
2469÷1.65=1497
So
1544÷2500=62% real cases
OR
1487÷2500=60% real cases

So now if the year goes well with no covid and all(which will not be the case) den the cut off would be
Scenario 1(2469÷1.6)
Cut off=1370
Scenario 2(2469÷165)
Cut off=1416
So let me kmow if I am wrong...
Just a correction....I wanted to add on let's take it that we have a 50% respond rate....and 40% holes and so we can say we have 10%(refused, ready( but did not process) and those that did not process at all)....then the cut off can be 1700....

Honestly this doesn't look good for anyone over 1450....so did the calculation as such....so according to this forum the highest CN=24×× so I am taking 2500 highest cn.....so lets do the calculation....
Selectee no#=2469
Highest CN= 2500

2469÷1.60=1544
OR
2469÷1.65=1497
So
1544÷2500=62% real cases
OR
1487÷2500=60% real cases

So now if the year goes well with no covid and all(which will not be the case) den the cut off would be
Scenario 1(2469÷1.6)
Cut off=1370
Scenario 2(2469÷165)
Cut off=1416
So let me kmow if I am wrong...
You are wrong.

You aren't taking into account response rate, refusal rate, Covid impacts lawsuits and many other things. To be honest I think you are misunderstanding pretty much everything - you seem to think that 2469 is the quota. It isn't.

Just a correction....I wanted to add on let's take it that we have a 50% respond rate....and 40% holes and so we can say we have 10%(refused, ready( but did not process) and those that did not process at all)....then the cut off can be 1700....

Still very confused.

Following up on my question in May... I am worried about the Sydney embassy being closed all of next year and quarantine etc. with a family of 4. Can I select to have my interview in London? or do we have to have the GC processed in Australia? I lived in Australia 5 years before moving to the US, so the UK was not my last country of residence. Not sure what the rules are.

Following up on my question in May... I am worried about the Sydney embassy being closed all of next year and quarantine etc. with a family of 4. Can I select to have my interview in London? or do we have to have the GC processed in Australia? I lived in Australia 5 years before moving to the US, so the UK was not my last country of residence. Not sure what the rules are.
Do you have uk nationality? if so you can use London. If not you will need to be resident there to use it.

Hi Susie, yes I was born in UK I am a Aus citizen and I won the GC using my husband as chargeability as he is Aus and born in Aus. He does not have a British passport though. Would we still be able to use London?

Hi Susie, yes I was born in UK I am a Aus citizen and I won the GC using my husband as chargeability as he is Aus and born in Aus. He does not have a British passport though. Would we still be able to use London?
Out of interest, have you decided against renewing your E3 and doing AOS?

I think it only needs to be the selectee - even though in this case you are both principals.

Although, I think surely you are too pessimistic on the prospects for the vaccine rollout in Aus? Do you really think lockdowns for another year? (The reason in my understanding they’re still happening is because vaccinations are at a low level, surely that will improve markedly over the next few months?) anyway - you can certainly watch the next few months and see what looks best

Do you have uk nationality? if so you can use London. If not you will need to be resident there to use it.
You can do your application anywhere, could do it in Ghana if you wanted to. As long as you select the consulate where you want to submit your application before you submit your Ds-260 and the consulate processes Diversity visas…

You can do your application anywhere, could do it in Ghana if you wanted to. As long as you select the consulate where you want to submit your application before you submit your Ds-260 and the consulate processes Diversity visas…
Nope, most country embassies will only accept applications from people who are either nationals or legal residents of the country, especially now during COVID. Also doesn’t matter what you choose on your DS260, kCC will assign you to the consulate that serves what is listed as your current address.

As an example, the US embassy in London states

Immigrant visas to the United States are processed for citizens and residents of the United Kingdom at the U.S. Embassy in London.

Most have similar statements. Even some that normally process third countries - like Turkey that usually interviews Iranians because there is no US embassy in Iran - currently explicitly states it is only taking Turkish citizens and residents at present.

A couple of smaller embassies are helping others out at the moment (including very limited visas for Russians due to the effective Moscow embassy shutdown), but this is not something that is common or can be relied on.

Immigrant visas to the United States are processed for citizens and residents of the United Kingdom at the U.S. Embassy in London.

Most have similar statements. Even some that normally process third countries - like Turkey that usually interviews Iranians because there is no US embassy in Iran - currently explicitly states it is only taking Turkish citizens and residents at present.
So how am I able to do mine in Mexico? I have the option to select AOS or select a consulate.

So how am I able to do mine in Mexico? I have the option to select AOS or select a consulate.
Your selecting a consulate does not mean you will be actually assigned there, as I said before. But good luck (if they are one of the few that do accept third party nationals, it’s a terrible one to choose btw - massive visa backlogs, and current DoS guidance puts DV in tier 4 so the chances of getting an interview there are probably slim)

Your selecting a consulate does not mean you will be actually assigned there, as I said before. But good luck (if they are one of the few that do accept third party nationals, it’s a terrible one to choose btw - massive visa backlogs, and current DoS guidance puts DV in tier 4 so the chances of getting an interview there are probably slim)

I’ll get back to you next year after I have my GC in hand. Cheers!

Yeah, I also look forward to reading about your "successful processing" in Mexico without listing a Mexican address on your DS260.

Please do come back and update us on how your embassy choice pans out.
PS you clearly haven’t gone through the history on the forum and seen what has happened to past posters who also thought it was as easy as choosing something off the drop down. Maybe you should spend some time finding out about how the process actually works. Cheers!

Please do come back and update us on how your embassy choice pans out.
PS you clearly haven’t gone through the history on the forum and seen what has happened to past posters who also thought it was as easy as choosing something off the drop down. Maybe you should spend some time finding out about how the process actually works. Cheers!
You’re all experts in here, not denying that, and although immigrant visas are different to non immigrant visas, i’d say I have some idea.

But, snarky response, gets a snarky reply… I’m sure you saw that I am eligible to Adjust Status, and what one says, one may not do i.e, Mexico.

I haven’t submitted anything.

But, snarky response, gets a snarky reply…
and yours did, so what are you complaining about?

and yes, immigrant visa scheduling does work very differently to non immigrant visas by the way. Been there, done that.

Just for clarification, as I said one should also check embassy websites

Third-Country Nationals: Routine appointments for applicants not ordinarily resident in Mexico are not available at this time. Any applicant currently residing in the United States who seeks to extend their legal stay should contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services