• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

I have another q, this may not be the right forum! But my two kiddo's are on the DS260, but they are born in the US. So when you enter their personal info there is no drop down with the nationality being US, so I can't get passed this page. Do they not need a DS260 as they are already US citizens? How do I delete them?

Thanks Susie... yes I am thinking my case will go current pretty soon as its in the OC2XX's. Do you have to go to the interview in Aus? Or can you go to any open embsassy... i.e. I am British too so can we go in London?
Well, not sure what you mean by soon - it’s not going to be current before October obviously, but yeah based on past years October or November seem likely (maybe December). Anecdotally Sydney is usually a better experience than London, especially if you are considering rescheduling.

I have another q, this may not be the right forum! But my two kiddo's are on the DS260, but they are born in the US. So when you enter their personal info there is no drop down with the nationality being US, so I can't get passed this page. Do they not need a DS260 as they are already US citizens? How do I delete them?
No, they don’t. A DS260 is only for people applying for immigrant visas, obviously citizens don’t need visas. You need to list the children on your DS form, but (if I’m recalling the form correctly) after the child’s details there is a question like “is this child immigrating with you”, you answer no.

Hi I am dv2022 winner my case no is 2022oc15xx.do you guys think I have a chance...my mom also won her case no# is 2022oc11xx

Thanks Susie... yes I am thinking my case will go current pretty soon as its in the OC2XX's. Do you have to go to the interview in Aus? Or can you go to any open embsassy... i.e. I am British too so can we go in London?
@Aussiebrit just want to clarify something with you here - you mentioned in this post that you are British - do you mean you have citizenship or were you born there? Because if you were born there you have a VERY big issue to deal with other than where to do your interview

Hi I am dv2022 winner my case no is 2022oc15xx.do you guys think I have a chance...my mom also won her case no# is 2022oc11xx
From what I've read and learned about the process since last week it's too early to tell. We don't know the number of total selectees yet, nor do we have much data on potential highest case numbers for the OC region. Most DV-2022 selectees from OC that have been posting on this forum have had relatively low-mid range case numbers, I've not seen anything over 20XX... but it is still early. Check out BritSimonSays.com for a LOT of really good resources and information about the whole process. Congratulations on both you and your mum being selected! That's pretty cool :)

@Aussiebrit just want to clarify something with you here - you mentioned in this post that you are British - do you mean you have citizenship or were you born there? Because if you were born there you have a VERY big issue to deal with other than where to do your interview

He/She can still be eligible even if they were born in the UK if their spouse was born in an eligible country.

From what I've read and learned about the process since last week it's too early to tell. We don't know the number of total selectees yet, nor do we have much data on potential highest case numbers for the OC region. Most DV-2022 selectees from OC that have been posting on this forum have had relatively low-mid range case numbers, I've not seen anything over 20XX... but it is still early. Check out BritSimonSays.com for a LOT of really good resources and information about the whole process. Congratulations on both you and your mum being selected! That's pretty cool :)
I'm OC24XX.

The highest case # I've seen for this year, so far.

Good to know he will need to provide the docs for that also!
I assume you were planning on doing this anyway, but FYI it is also a requirement if you are granted visas based on cross chargeability that you both enter the US using them at the same time as well.

I assume you were planning on doing this anyway, but FYI it is also a requirement if you are granted visas based on cross chargeability that you both enter the US using them at the same time as well.
Ah ok, honestly don't know the details but yes that would be the case!

What a surprise! Was only notified yesterday by the application agency that I have been successful in the lottery process for the second time in 17 attempts. I'd resolved myself to having missed out again this year as no contact had been made by the agency after May 8. Anyway here I am.

It is a very different experience for me this time - in a lot of ways. Firstly, I feel very confident about the next steps in the process - thanks largely to the excellent information provided by BritSimon and the other moderators in this group. If you are a first time winner I strongly encourage you to accept and follow the advice of these wonderful people. Even though I missed out on a 2NL the last time I was selected in the lottery, it really helped that I had very clear guidance on what to expect.

The other obvious difference this time around is my case number. While I know it is important to remember nothing is certain until that visa is stamped at the consulate, my allocated number definitely creates a higher level of anticipation. To all those with higher numbers - be patient, follow the process, and keep focussed on the good things that happen in every moment.

With this level of anticipation there is also some sense of nervousness - mainly because I am now the father of a 20 month old daughter. Moving life to the US is a lot more complicated than it was when this dream began. As I begin preparing my DS-260 application, I have a couple of questions for those who are already living the US.

1. What is the employment market like now in the US?
2. How does child care in the US compare to the services in Australia?
3. How is the housing market performing right now?

Appreciate any information.

What a surprise! Was only notified yesterday by the application agency that I have been successful in the lottery process for the second time in 17 attempts. I'd resolved myself to having missed out again this year as no contact had been made by the agency after May 8. Anyway here I am.

It is a very different experience for me this time - in a lot of ways. Firstly, I feel very confident about the next steps in the process - thanks largely to the excellent information provided by BritSimon and the other moderators in this group. If you are a first time winner I strongly encourage you to accept and follow the advice of these wonderful people. Even though I missed out on a 2NL the last time I was selected in the lottery, it really helped that I had very clear guidance on what to expect.

The other obvious difference this time around is my case number. While I know it is important to remember nothing is certain until that visa is stamped at the consulate, my allocated number definitely creates a higher level of anticipation. To all those with higher numbers - be patient, follow the process, and keep focussed on the good things that happen in every moment.

With this level of anticipation there is also some sense of nervousness - mainly because I am now the father of a 20 month old daughter. Moving life to the US is a lot more complicated than it was when this dream began. As I begin preparing my DS-260 application, I have a couple of questions for those who are already living the US.

1. What is the employment market like now in the US?
2. How does child care in the US compare to the services in Australia?
3. How is the housing market performing right now?

Appreciate any information.
I noticed you indicated some agency submitted your application. Did they list your 20 months old daughter on your eDV registration form?