• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Oh really, thank you for that info.
At what point did we submit biometrics in this process?
I didnt do anything at port of entry.
Is it the fingerprints we did at our interview? The CO didn't mention anything about biometrics, she said it was just for my oath
Do you know the date you received the letter from when it said card produced? My status went to card produced on Sept 23rd, but i havent received any other correspondence in the mail from them

Last edited:
Is it the fingerprints we did at our interview? The CO didn't mention anything about biometrics, she said it was just for my oath
Do you know the date you received the letter from when it said card produced? My status went to card produced on Sept 23rd, but i havent received any other correspondence in the mail from them
My biometrics were taken at port of entry. My card was mailed out to me five days after “Card is being produced.” I think if you haven’t received it by November 23 you can do an e-request.

My biometrics were taken at port of entry. My card was mailed out to me five days after “Card is being produced.” I think if you haven’t received it by November 23 you can do an e-request.
Thanks for your reply.
What exactly are biometrics?
First time hearing that word in this process? The consular official at interview or the customs official at port of entry did not say anything about this.
I actually asked the lady at port of entry, do you not need my photo or to scan my fingerprints? (every time I had entered previously on a tourist visa or esta they had done this, so i was confused) and she said nope, you are all good and they will mail your card in a month or so.
So I am confused now

Pretty sure it would of been the fingerprints you did at the interview. I had no problem with mine and received the greencard back in August but yea guess there was a problem with my wife’s fingerprints at the interview.

Ours showed card being produced on the 7th of August and think we got the biometrics letter at the start of September. The appointment was just to take her fingerprints at a USCIS office.

Thanks for your reply.
What exactly are biometrics?
First time hearing that word in this process? The consular official at interview or the customs official at port of entry did not say anything about this.
I actually asked the lady at port of entry, do you not need my photo or to scan my fingerprints? (every time I had entered previously on a tourist visa or esta they had done this, so i was confused) and she said nope, you are all good and they will mail your card in a month or so.
So I am confused now
Photo + fingerprints

Pretty sure it would of been the fingerprints you did at the interview. I had no problem with mine and received the greencard back in August but yea guess there was a problem with my wife’s fingerprints at the interview.

Ours showed card being produced on the 7th of August and think we got the biometrics letter at the start of September. The appointment was just to take her fingerprints at a USCIS office.
Oh biometrics just means fingerprints lol, ok thank you.
My timing seems to be taking way longer than yours even from the card produced notification as this only came on Sept 23 and I arrived Aug 1- Your wife seemed to get her update a couple weeks after arriving.
So no idea, but i guess i'll wait to see if I get that letter in the next few weeks, or otherwise Ill try to contact them.
I have tried calling them a few times but there is no way to get through to anyone

My timing seems to be taking way longer than yours even from the card produced notification as this only came on Sept 23 and I arrived Aug 1- Your wife seemed to get her update a couple weeks after arriving.
So no idea, but i guess i'll wait to see if I get that letter in the next few weeks, or otherwise Ill try to contact them.
I have tried calling them a few times but there is no way to get through to anyone
Biometrics is fingerprints and photo.

The only way to contact them is through the uscis inquiry form. https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

You can use Emma the live chat, just enter “live agent” until it connects you to a rep.

Biometrics is fingerprints and photo.
Thank you, at what point in the process is it supposed to be taken.
I placed my finger prints on the reader at the interview, but it appeared to be just a part of the oath, she didn't say it was for biometrics.
My photo was never taken at any stage. I assumed they use the passport photos we gave them to produce our greencard. The same one that is on our DV Visa.
Do you think this is why my card is at the 'produced' stage for over a month, and do you think they will notify me eventually of what needs to be done, if anything, or do I need to reach out to them?
Thank you for your help

You can use Emma the live chat, just enter “live agent” until it connects you to a rep.
Ok thank you, i tried calling and using Emma but neither would connect me to a rep, I will try writing that, on the phone if definitely didnt work verbally when I was saying it, the automated system refused to connect me to anyone

Ok thank you, i tried calling and using Emma but neither would connect me to a rep, I will try writing that, on the phone if definitely didnt work verbally when I was saying it, the automated system refused to connect me to anyone
For Emma, you just keep trying “agent” or “live chat” and it eventually will connect. Sometimes if you exit and clear history and try again that helps.

Over the phone you can use the phrase “infopass” or “expedite” or so I’ve heard, I’ve never tried.

Thank you, at what point in the process is it supposed to be taken.
I placed my finger prints on the reader at the interview, but it appeared to be just a part of the oath, she didn't say it was for biometrics.
My photo was never taken at any stage. I assumed they use the passport photos we gave them to produce our greencard. The same one that is on our DV Visa.
Do you think this is why my card is at the 'produced' stage for over a month, and do you think they will notify me eventually of what needs to be done, if anything, or do I need to reach out to them?
Thank you for your help

The expectation I believe is 60 days, so after that point you can reach out to see what’s going on. No harm in asking earlier but they might tell you to wait before they actually look into it.

Hi Guys
Requesting information and help as you are dv2022 winners, iam a dv2023 winner, could you please advice the interview experience at Suva embassy
The documents taken, questions asked anything particular

I have interview in less than a week, completed PC and medical so now left with interview, any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Hi Guys
Requesting information and help as you are dv2022 winners, iam a dv2023 winner, could you please advice the interview experience at Suva embassy

I have interview in less than a week, completed PC and medical so now left with interview, any help will be appreciated

Thanks
You’ve checked you have all the civil documents required?

Hi Guys

Thanks
You were previously provided with this response a couple of days ago and you did acknowledge it. It however seems like you haven’t bothered to go through with the suggestion you were provided with.

can anyone else share if they have had any issues getting their greencard?
it has been 3 months since I arrived, and over 1 month showing as 'card produced' stage in the online tracker, anyone else experiencing anything similar?

can anyone else share if they have had any issues getting their greencard?
it has been 3 months since I arrived, and over 1 month showing as 'card produced' stage in the online tracker, anyone else experiencing anything similar?
That’s unusual for sure, Card Produced to Card Mailed is typically a week or so. I would contact them!

That’s unusual for sure, Card Produced to Card Mailed is typically a week or so. I would contact them!
I did but it takes a month for them to get back via the e request contact, which is the only way to contact them, so I was seeing if anyone was experiencing anything similar in the meantime, to see if it is a holdup there

I did but it takes a month for them to get back via the e request contact, which is the only way to contact them, so I was seeing if anyone was experiencing anything similar in the meantime, to see if it is a holdup there
If it starts taking too long, and you are not getting anywhere, contact your congressperson for help.

Hey everyone!

I have 2 questions.

1) Does anyone have any insight as to why, when entering the US for the first time to activate, some new immigrants get their fingerprints taken again and some don’t?

I personally didn’t, but know of a few that did get theirs taken at entry. In addition to that, some people have also received biometrics apt letters in the mail since entering, and some haven’t.

I’ve left the states and am back in Aus and am not likely to be back in the states for at least 6 months, so:

2) What happens if I’m to get an apt letter in the mail to get my biometrics done, and I can’t attend? I hear these are pretty impossible to reschedule.

Hey everyone!

I have 2 questions.

1) Does anyone have any insight as to why, when entering the US for the first time to activate, some new immigrants get their fingerprints taken again and some don’t?

I personally didn’t, but know of a few that did get theirs taken at entry. In addition to that, some people have also received biometrics apt letters in the mail since entering, and some haven’t.

I’ve left the states and am back in Aus and am not likely to be back in the states for at least 6 months, so:

2) What happens if I’m to get an apt letter in the mail to get my biometrics done, and I can’t attend? I hear these are pretty impossible to reschedule.
Not sure why some do/don't have them taken when entering. My understanding is that you are meant to have them taken, since they need them to produce the green card, only thing I can think of is maybe different airports have different procedures they follow, and in their minds it shouldn't matter if it's done right away or at the appointment since its an immigrant visa meaning you're meant to be living in the country anyway. But just speculating.

As far as "what happens if I get the letter and can't attend", Susie answered this recently here - https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dads-case-stuck-on-card-is-being-produced.346323/post-2596184

tldr was basically: "We don't know what happens, so we recommend you attend it". Since I attending it might cost you a round trip, where as not attending cause cost you your green card or a lot of money in fees/hassle on later maybe? But until someone doesn't attend one and updates on the forum, I guess we won't know :/