• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 WINNERS INSIDE CANADA

If you check any other year, it's usually in the 100s. Not many.

105 in 2019 for example.
130 in 2018.
133 in 2017.
In 2020 it was cut by 50-60% = 52
In a normal year, Montreal can easily issue a few hundred immigrant visas per month. I can’t imagine they’ll have much of a problem fitting in around 100 DV visas this year even if they start late.

@SusieQQQ my thought exactly ;) Unsure why people are FREAKING OUT about it. We have 6 months left. It's literally 16 cases A MONTH! Oh well... Even if they start interviewing in June (which should normally be the case but who knows this year) that would be 25 cases a month. 1 per day, give or take. And I kinda doubt that every single winner is going to send the DS-260 this year. So we might be looking at less than 100 cases total...

but it is not normal year . And what is the point of delaying it to June or July , wouldn't be better to start slow than having to rush all DV cases ? we don't have 6 months left , we have 4 months at best , potentially 3 if they still refuse this month to schedule DV cases in June !
It is not about normal capacity , they have reduced capacity and looks like they are ignoring DV .

Really, even in FY2020 with what, half the fiscal year in shutdown Montreal issued nearly 2000 immigrant visas. I also don’t think they see will see fitting in 30 or 40 a month in the last few months of the FY as “rushing”. That’s less than 10% of normal monthly capacity so even with reduced capacity it does not seem a huge burden to me, as pointed out above it’s probably one appointment a day for 3 months (remember more visas than cases). And, as it’s a busy embassy it’s possible they just had all their IV slots booked for the month already before the DV ban got lifted. But, sure everyone will have their own opinion.

Just got an email response from Montreal.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting us.

The Department values the diversity visa program and is making every effort to process as many diversity visa cases as possible, consistent with other priorities, despite the severe operational constraints and backlog resulting from the ongoing COVID pandemic. Because of the pandemic, the number of visas issued in lower-priority preference categories or in such programs as the diversity visa program likely will not approach the statutory ceiling in Fiscal Year 2021. Moreover, due to additional Quebec COVID-19 provincial restrictions, the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal is only able to schedule a limited number of new immigrant visa appointments. Please note that we are currently not scheduling DV-2021 cases.

We will continue expanding our services following State Department guidance to safely return our workforce and the public to Department facilities. For more information on phased resumption of services please visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ws/visa-services-operating-status-update.html

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Best regards,

OP06
Consular Correspondence Unit | Immigrant Visa
U.S. Consulate General
Montreal, Canada

They just quoted a website link which said when talks about resuming services in a phased approach. I've replied to the embassy that there is a post from April 30th, which indicates the Immigrant Visa Prioritization and some cases from Tier 4 have to be scheduled. Looks like they are ignoring that notification. Will update the group if I get a response.

Yeah, I did the same thing 2 weeks ago and they responded this:

Thank you for contacting us.

Please note that we are currently not scheduling DV-2021 cases due to severe operational constraints and backlog resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
It won't happen in May for sure. Maybe in June.

Guys, according to that latest update, Montreal would have said publicly that they would NOT issue any DV this year:
(43:03)

I checked the videos on their Twitter feed (if that's the ones they are mentionning) and they basically just say that they will try their best but.... however, they are not saying "we won't issue any" so I am not sure how it could benefit the lawyers.

Last edited:
Question for any applicant from Montreal , Do you know a child care or reliable baby sitter around Montreal ? I have US citizen kids who wouldn't attend interview . No interview yet but i am FREAKING OUT for all details with a consulate that rejected to schedule even a single case...

Question for any applicant from Montreal , Do you know a child care or reliable baby sitter around Montreal ? I have US citizen kids who wouldn't attend interview . No interview yet but i am FREAKING OUT for all details with a consulate that rejected to schedule even a single case...
You can't bring the kid with you? If you are not from Montreal, I don't really see how you would find childcare! In any case, 0 interview scheduled yet so you have time to figure it out if they ever decide to schedule you.

You can't bring the kid with you? If you are not from Montreal, I don't really see how you would find childcare! In any case, 0 interview scheduled yet so you have time to figure it out if they ever decide to schedule you.
Thanks , they mention on website only applicants can enter the consulate

Thanks , they mention on website only applicants can enter the consulate
That’s not generally meant to exclude minor kids and yours are anyway US citizens. If you can’t get childcare i am sure they will allow them in. You may want to call the consulate ahead of time to confirm.

Hi there,

I am a DV2022 selectee and am scheduled to have my interview in Montreal. My CN 2022AF2K will be current in November. Based on your experience, would it be advisable to request KCC to change my interview location to another location where I can be processed? I have dual citizenship (one country in Africa and another in South America).

Hi there,

I am a DV2022 selectee and am scheduled to have my interview in Montreal. My CN 2022AF2K will be current in November. Based on your experience, would it be advisable to request KCC to change my interview location to another location where I can be processed? I have dual citizenship (one country in Africa and another in South America).
Montreal didn't process single DV case for 2021 , no one knows if they will keep this attitude or not for DV 2022 . Moving Consulate looks like good idea , but depends also on the consulates you are targeting , North West countries like Algeria and morocco looks cooperating , Egypt is working but normally have a lot of winners so you also have low chance to get interview , Sudan consulate isn't working like Montreal , ...
So you have to think if you are really moving to higher probability or not

FYI, got info from our whatsapp group that a 2NL for Montreal embassy was issued today. Things are moving folks. Hoping for the best.
Last year the consulate in Montreal also issued some DV visas in September, the last month that they were statutorily required to issue the visas. Is it their work strategy (wait until the last minute) or was it as result of the DOS new instruction? Who knows????