• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 WINNERS INSIDE CANADA

Benl21

Hi, If you’re winner of DV 2021 whose currently reside inside canada and waiting to be interview. Please join and share all of your own experience and else ongoing updating information of when will US consulate in montreal start interview for those DV 2021 WINNERS!! Every comments are appreciated and matters to ours goals.

Hey guys! Please share that link (forum or WhatsApp) with people you know that are also in Canada. The more the merrier! + some of us have very low case numbers. I am not on WhatsApp a lot so I’ll mostly be here. If you hear anything, please let me know and I’ll do the same!

Thanks for sharing the link @puda . Great to see everyone here. I'm CNAS20***. I've not submitted DS-260. Really not sure when I have to submit the DS-260. Probably in May or June. Documents are ready but not sent. Hope KCC schedules interviews soon.

Best wishes to all!!

Thanks for sharing the link @puda . Great to see everyone here. I'm CNAS20***. I've not submitted DS-260. Really not sure when I have to submit the DS-260. Probably in May or June. Documents are ready but not sent. Hope KCC schedules interviews soon.

Best wishes to all!!
You may be delaying yourself out of a visa if you wait till May or June to submit DS260. It takes them time to process the DS260, then after the DS260 is processed it takes them to time to request and approve documents (best case is probably a few weeks for all this, it can easily take longer), AND they schedule consulate appointments around 2 months in advance. In other words, those whose entire ds260/documents process is already completed in June will be scheduled for August. This probably means DS260 submission in June is almost certainly too late to get you done in time and May might be too. Also remember KCC is going to be inundated with new submissions after DV2022 results are released in May and even prioritizing DV21 is almost certainly necessarily going to have processing slowed down.

You may be delaying yourself out of a visa if you wait till May or June to submit DS260. It takes them time to process the DS260, then after the DS260 is processed it takes them to time to request and approve documents (best case is probably a few weeks for all this, it can easily take longer), AND they schedule consulate appointments around 2 months in advance. In other words, those whose entire ds260/documents process is already completed in June will be scheduled for August. This probably means DS260 submission in June is almost certainly too late to get you done in time and May might be too. Also remember KCC is going to be inundated with new submissions after DV2022 results are released in May and even prioritizing DV21 is almost certainly necessarily going to have processing slowed down.
Thanks @SusieQQQ . My case number is in the 20,000 range in Asia. The May cutoff is 13,000 in Asia as per the April Visa bulletin. Would they even process the DS-260 if my case number is not current? My understanding was that the DS-260 would be processed only when the Case Number is current. Please correct me if I am wrong. But what you said about May/June being late to submit the DS-260, is right. I agree to that. However, if I submit the DS-260 before being current wouldn't help, right?

I know I can send the documents now, but just holding off since my case number is not current. I am hoping for next month's bulletin to assume that the case number might get current soon. This way I can submit both the DS-260 and documents simultaneously.

Last edited:
Thanks @SusieQQQ . My case number is in the 20,000 range in Asia. The May cutoff is 13,000 in Asia as per the April Visa bulletin. Would they even process the DS-260 if my case number is not current? My understanding was that the DS-260 would be processed only when the Case Number is current. Please correct me if I am wrong. But what you said about May/June being late to submit the DS-260, is right. I agree to that. However, if I submit the DS-260 before being current wouldn't help, right?

I know I can send the documents now, but just holding off since my case number is not current. I am hoping for next month's bulletin to assume that the case number might get current soon. This way I can submit both the DS-260 and documents simultaneously.
Your understanding is wrong. They process DS260s when they get them. They process the civil documents in case number order. There isn't anything that they only process when current - they process them ahead of their being current. Example: they usually publish the visa bulletin around mid-month, say they publish the May visa bulletin around mid-April. That has the current numbers for May and the advance notification of current numbers for June in it. The interviews for June have already been scheduled by that stage and interview notifications for June go out between the VB publication in mid-April, and end-April. Clearly all the processing has been completed before that. Probably the most reliable source of information in article form about the process is on the britsimonsays website - suggest you do some reading there for more info about the process, but above is pretty much the nutshell version.

Thanks @SusieQQQ. It was my misunderstanding that DS-260s would be processed only when they become current. Thanks for clarifying. Absolutely grateful for all the answers that you have been giving out to all. Appreciate your service.

I emailed the Montreal Consulate and received the following response, which I think is a copy paste from what other people have received:

Presently, the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal is processing immigrant visas and will prioritize Immediate Relative family members of U.S. citizens including intercountry adoptions, fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens, and certain Special Immigrant Visa applications, as well as other mission critical categories such as medical professionals. Unfortunately, we have not yet resumed processing DV-2021 visa applications at this time. We will continue expanding our services following State Department guidance to safely return our workforce and the public to Department facilities.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I have responded asking if there is any timeline planned etc, but I doubt I will get any further info.

@Britsimon , is there anyway to know how many DV2021 winners have currently asked to have interview in Canada ? I asked Charles Kuck and he directed me to ask you ( if it is even possible ) , i can see historical data from previous years from the CEAC website

@Britsimon , is there anyway to know how many DV2021 winners have currently asked to have interview in Canada ? I asked Charles Kuck and he directed me to ask you ( if it is even possible ) , i can see historical data from previous years from the CEAC website
0 if you look at https://twitter.com/sDiversityVisa numbers.

Not surprising. Very few winners based in Canada and they clearly said that they didn't start processing DVs yet.

Yes i see 0 sent to Montreal , i was wondering how many in total is Montreal consulate expected to work on .
If you check any other year, it's usually in the 100s. Not many.

105 in 2019 for example.
130 in 2018.
133 in 2017.
In 2020 it was cut by 50-60% = 52

Last edited: