• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2021 SA / South America Selectees

joscok

Hi to all South America Selectees for DV-2021. Will be good to have this thread to share all info we can find out about our the process of our region.

I know I have a high case number, I'm DV2021SA40XX and based on historical data from Visa Bulletins, I guess if I ever get an interview it should be around Jun-Jul 2021, so still around a year ahead.

What are your case numbers?

PD: I hope most people ahead of me (around 4050 cases) forget about their applications so that could gives me a better chance :)

Hello, fellow DV2021SA, I'm from Peru with case number DV2021SA30XX. I kinda have a high case number too, hopefully there are tons of "unused" case numbers before me.

Hi to all South America Selectees for DV-2021. Will be good to have this thread to share all info we can find out about our the process of our region.

I know I have a high case number, I'm DV2021SA40XX and based on historical data from Visa Bulletins, I guess if I ever get an interview it should be around Jun-Jul 2021, so still around a year ahead.

What are your case numbers?

PD: I hope most people ahead of me (around 4050 cases) forget about their applications so that could gives me a better chance :)

There are NOT 4050 cases in front of you.

Hello everyone, i have case number DV2021SA45XX.

Anyone from Venezuela (or someone with experience about this question :p)? i have a couple of questions regarding expired passport

Anyone from Venezuela (or someone with experience about this question :p)? i have a couple of questions regarding expired passport

Looks like you are the new highest number! I got the title for couple of days (SA40XX).

BTW, I’m from Ecuador.

About your inquiry regarding the expired passport, maybe just put the questions and if anyone knows some info, they will just try to answer it.

Good luck on the process and if we ever get an interview maybe will be when our region get to Current in the Visa Bulletin which might be on Jun/Jul 2021, so we have a looong wait

Not from Venezuela but you could put your questions here and we could try to answer them if we know something. Also, I would recommend checking Britsimon's blog ( britsimonsays . com , still can't share links), he has compiled tons of information about this process through the years and made his own videos just as much. You'll probably find something helpful there.

That is a high number. Don't submit the DS260 yet.

The 5 years thing for Venzuelans should apply to DV.

That is a high number. Don't submit the DS260 yet.

The 5 years thing for Venzuelans should apply to DV.

Im really new to this, can you explain a bit more why should i not submit the DS260 yet ?

I kind of figure out that 45XX wasnt the best number, but i have no idea what is the relation between your number and when to submit your DS260

Im really new to this, can you explain a bit more why should i not submit the DS260 yet ?

I kind of figure out that 45XX wasnt the best number, but i have no idea what is the relation between your number and when to submit your DS260

I think you should go over Simon’s blog, start with the DV2020 Basic Questions, you can follow up by reading his FAQ also.

2021SA3XXX!! when should I send the ds260 aprox?

Based on historical data of the bulletins, you should wait maybe until Jun/Jul 2021 that it gets to Current to get a chance for an interview.

Who knows and DV2021 gets to Current earlier, since if I understand correctly, there is a new aspect they are checking about public charge that might provoke faster disqualification and to get to Current earlier.

Best bet is to keep tracking of the Visa Bulletin every month.

Based on historical data of the bulletins, you should wait maybe until Jun/Jul 2021 that it gets to Current to get a chance for an interview.

Who knows and DV2021 gets to Current earlier, since if I understand correctly, there is a new aspect they are checking about public charge that might provoke faster disqualification and to get to Current earlier.

Best bet is to keep tracking of the Visa Bulletin every month.
I hope you are not advising the person to only submit the DS260 in June or July. That will probably be too late for everything to be processed in time to interview before the fiscal year is over. Perhaps you can be more clear as to what you actually mean.

Also, public charge is not a “new” aspect. it has always been part of determining eligibility for immigrant visas.

I hope you are not advising the person to only submit the DS260 in June or July. That will probably be too late for everything to be processed in time to interview before the fiscal year is over. Perhaps you can be more clear as to what you actually mean.

Also, public charge is not a “new” aspect. it has always been part of determining eligibility for immigrant visas.

You are right, and let me clarify just to avoid any confusing advise. I was referring that in Jun/Jul “maybe” we could expect an interview based on our relative high numbers and historical data.

About sending the DS260 I sent it too early, about 2 weeks ago, and based on what I later read, this application is actually a big deal since for next NON immigration visas you will need to declare you had the intention to migrate and this “could” be a reason for denial of other NIV in case we never get the GC on this lottery.

I guess best advise for sending the DS260 will be to wait some months to see more news on Visa Bulletins about how many selectees were in this process and maybe on first months 2021 could be good timing for you to send it.

About sending the DS260 I sent it too early, about 2 weeks ago, and based on what I later read, this application is actually a big deal since for next NON immigration visas you will need to declare you had the intention to migrate and this “could” be a reason for denial of other NIV in case we never get the GC on this lottery.

Slight correction on this, unless the DS160 form has changed the actual question is whether anyone has filed an immigrant petition for you, to which the answer (if all that has happened is DS260 submission) is actually no. Of course though, they will know you’ve filed it anyway so the question of immigrant intent will almost certainly arise at interview. It may be a reason for denial, it may not (speaking as someone who personally has successfully reapplied for a B visa in the past after an immigrant petition had been filed) - it depends on your circumstances. The main point though is what you are correct to be worried about - that the burden is on the applicant to prove non immigrant intent, and that is much harder if you have filed a DS260.

Just to keep you updated, yesterday I got an email from KCC asking to send them the DV Documents (DV2021SA40XX), I know this is just expected as part of the process and this means nothing about when the interview will be, but it’s just good to see they are resuming their operations.

Just to keep you updated, yesterday I got an email from KCC asking to send them the DV Documents (DV2021SA40XX), I know this is just expected as part of the process and this means nothing about when the interview will be, but it’s just good to see they are resuming their operations.

That's great to know!
I filled my DS-260, still waiting to confirm the address where I'll stay in the USA to submit it.

When did you submit the DS-260?
What kind of docs did they ask you?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Dont rush to submit documents. The police cert expires at one year.

Dont rush to submit documents. The police cert expires at one year.

And what will happens if the police cert expires? I was thinking just to go to the interview with both (the expired and a new one) in case it expires before the interview, assuming I get an interview after June 23rd 2021